IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider venom77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#596 4 years ago

Hey all, new to the club well not really , long time owner first time poster on this thread. Slowey been modding and restoring my Freddy. Powder coated a lot of pieces as that's another one of my hobbies that goes with the pinball hobbie. Added a lot of other things, Tilt blades, glo trap ball, plasma bumpers, redid freddys head, Added the ctzv TV mod last night. Highly recommend if anyone was on the fence about it. Right now my ball shooter kicker just fell apart so next thing is to address that. Have to fix the loud humming buzzing sound that some Gotliebs have. Got some more mods to do, hopefully the furnace mod and going to maybe try to 3d print a new house as I cant stand the original. Another issue is my furnace door needs adjusted or the sensor is bad. Need to replace the pop up targets and playfield has some wear overall ,LOVE this machine and will always be in my collection even if it doesn't get played as much.

20190902_204255 (resized).jpg20190902_204255 (resized).jpg
#597 4 years ago
freddy (resized).PNGfreddy (resized).PNG
1 week later
#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Like the Green and Red under Freddy’s head. Did you make that?

I did ... powder coated it. Along with alot of other pieces. I will post pictures of my entire machine once I finish it.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Guys what are those massive toppers like on ebay are they worth getting. I am in OZ and the shipping is killer. 2 sellers selling 2 different types anyone know what is the best one to go for?

Didn't know there were two styles well take that back i have seen one with led eyes. I have just the normal version which im fastening up a bracket system now to properly mount it. On mine the arms kept falling off so i gorilla glued the arms on and got a hat fedora for him, also picked up a nightmare on elm street sweater from the Halloween store and put on him.

#604 4 years ago

Adrian : Cool buy man.. thanks for posting the pictures always nice to have reference pictures when working on stuff.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Fellow Freddy owners -- In the manual where it shows where the rubbers should go, I see on each side of the shroud/head spot targets it shows an 'A', designating a tapered rubber post. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you're not installing the shroud? When the shroud is installed with its metal bracket/holder there would be no room to fit any rubbers on those up posts.

I will have to look at my manual not 100% I'm following you. Can you take a pic.. I'm not expert but could compare to my machine. I think what your talking about down near the freddy head there are targets that are the souls. On the same bracket that covers the head and targets to the left of that there is a post that does have a rubber on it or at least mine does. Maybe this is what your talking about ?

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Venom77 damn arms falling off not good as it would be travelling some distance to get to me, Maybe the other seller has better quality.

Well what I mean by arms falling off is they are keyed and are made to pull on and off but over time they get a little loose so i just went ahead and glued mine together.

#610 4 years ago

So for historical measures for people coming here in the future looking for info.

To see if the ramp glove is working: As someone mentioned somewhere on this thread. However i confirmed last night it works. As the self diagnose Gottlieb test doesn't work for the glove that i saw anyhow.

Anyhow basically just hit the trap ball so it hits the switch in the back then throw a ball down the hole/upkicker under the ramp near the glove. That will light a white claw on the playfield , and the ball upkick will throw the ball on the ramp and then hit the left flipper button and presto your glove will swipe at the ball.

So as I was testing my glove last night , I figured i might as well pull it off and fix the blades and repaint it. So been kicking around the idea for awhile i'm going to attempt to make the syringe glove from part 3 since most of this table is based around that movie anyhow. This is just a rough pic and the syringes need to be shorter but you get the idea. I figured i will try this and if they break down the road even after i reinforce them then i just do what everyone else does and make metal blades.

glove.jpgglove.jpg
#611 4 years ago

Also trying to fix my Boiler room door. Cant figure it out , anyone more familiar with how to proper set this ? Attaching some pictures. So I tried to adjust the swing arm and or the other side where the metal pieces hit the switches. I cant get either to line up with the switches or when the door is at its lowest point. The swing arm is squared keyed so its not like you can just rotate it in any position. I have not tried taking the swing arm off yet and rotating it 90 degrees because you have to pull the solenoid next to it to get the nut off.

Here are some pictures. Anyone not familiar with the mechanics of what your looking at in the pic basically what happens is the motor turns which one side of the rod turns the swing arm with the little wheel on it and pushes the boiler door up. The other end of the rod there is a metal cam or piece that swings to hit either switch as noticed in the picture with the purple arrows.
boiler1.jpgboiler1.jpgboiler4.jpgboiler4.jpgboiler5.jpgboiler5.jpgboiler6.jpgboiler6.jpg

#612 4 years ago

So fixed the boiler room door last night. Pulled boiler top playfield plastics to check for red opti lights nothing so then went back to the mechanical side of troubleshooting. Posting for knowledge. See picture and red arrow. I had to read through about 10 different post to find bits and pieces of knowledge. This worked for me anyhow. I put the machine in test mode and went to the boiler room setting. Hit start until the arm was all the way to where door would be closed. Then I just loosened the screw in the picture pushed the arm all the way up to the playfield/door shut. Then tighten the screw back down. When you start the game the door will go up and down even on the first nightmare shot. Either way it works now

boiler6 (resized).jpgboiler6 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider venom77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=venom77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.