IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thestreetzking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#349 6 years ago

I can join the club now. Im having issues with my backbox GI, if anyone is in the system 3 thread some of it is posted there (i have a lot more to share but didnt wanna clog thread). It sucks because I just LED'd the game and really would love to see this backbox.

#351 6 years ago

I have the manual. And the back box did not work with the regular lamps before I switched to LED

So here is my dilema. using the schematics and testing.

At the a12J1 connector from transformer I get 7VAC at pins 3/4/12/13.

Going to the next connector in the link A9J3 Pins 1&10 should be 6VAC and I do in fact get 7VAC here.

Then moving to the switch on Relay A. this is where my problem is:

When the switch is the OPEN top lug gives 7.0 and the Bottom lug gives 0.1

When the switch is CLOSED both lugs read 2.1.

Pins 3&12 on the A9J3 should read 6VAC because this is after the relay but because my switch they read 2.1.

The Coil on the relay does not read anything if I have the black probe touching the common wire and the red probe touching either lug of the coil.

I am also getting 2.1 at the backbox on each and every lamp. No where near the 6VAC I need.

On my tee'd off I get vastly different readings.

*I have cleaned the switch, no change.
*I have jumpered the switch lugs, no change.

#353 6 years ago

I believe the flashers run through T relay. And they're working at this time.

20170526_094944 (resized).jpg20170526_094944 (resized).jpg

#357 6 years ago

just ordered a new relay coil, hope this helps my issue with backbox gi

#363 6 years ago

Sigh. Replaced the coil relay. Still no change. Still no back box lights. Same voltage readings.

#365 6 years ago

Well I unplugged every bulb in the backbox gi, when I do this I get correct voltage when the switch closed (6v).

As soon as I add 1 bulb anywhere in the back box it drops to 3v

#367 6 years ago

I tried about 5 of them. All same result

#369 6 years ago

I did make sure the contacts were cleaned and adjusted correctly, That was the first thing I did before all this testing.

All the sockets look great. which sucks because I am not sure how to tell if one is shorted.

Also the fuse is correct, I made sure of that and testing it inside the system and outside the system. 15A normal fuse in spot F8.

How can I go about testing the sockets?

#372 6 years ago

I can snap a picture later on tonight, but I honestly don't think they have them. There's one big diode connected to 2 ground wires, but the sockets just have a white and black wire in the back of them

#373 6 years ago

Here's some

20170603_163520 (resized).jpg20170603_163520 (resized).jpg

20170603_163529 (resized).jpg20170603_163529 (resized).jpg

20170603_163532 (resized).jpg20170603_163532 (resized).jpg

#376 6 years ago

Yeah I can try and unscrew from the last row forward see if anything changes. I will also test resistance.

#378 6 years ago

Ok so tested the resistance, and there all the same. They all read 192 on my meter when set to 20k ohms.

Also I tried disconnecting the chains. Even with disconnecting all of them up to the last one no change on voltage

#380 6 years ago

I believe all the striped wires are the flashers, nothing is missing from the harness

I can try that second thing you mentioned

#382 6 years ago

Oh that is correct, I think that's the power wires from harness

#384 6 years ago

I'm taking a break from working on the GI. Im pretty hopeless on it.

What's some high scores?? I have yet to hit dream warriors mode. And never got to trade the krugerands. But so far around 250k is my high score. This game is a blast when u get 4 ball multiball going

#386 6 years ago

I'm thinking I'm gonna try and switch the transformer out of my teed off into freddy to see if that fixes the backbox GI.

This sound like a good idea?

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

2nd thing (if that doesnt help), do you have some extra wires or a couple test cables so that you could leave the first lamp set totally disconnected (at both ends!) And say hook up second set or something to the power wires? That way, if it is still going low with a bulb, we know it wasn't in the first set of sockets either and know for sure to look elsewhere.

Well I did this tonight and sane issue. So I know it's not in the first chain of sockets.

So my issue is elsewhere. I'm debating changing the transformer to narrow that out. It's only a few plugs and 4 bolts but ugh I'm not in the mood to take apart 2 games

#389 6 years ago

Ok so now testing those wires. They both have the same reading. Around 5v. Like 4.8 when the switch is closed

My teed off is entirely different I'll include a picture. On teed off the double wires go through the chain a lot more than just the beginning but teed off uses all 44lamps, freddy uses 555s.

So now I get about 5v at the wires. But 2.1 when the lamps are hooked up. Even if it's just one lamp

20170612_103814 (resized).jpg20170612_103814 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#390 6 years ago

Can anyone please post a picture of there backbox? The inside where the lights are.

I want to make sure those striped wires are in the correct spot

#392 6 years ago

Finnflash thanks so much, it's the same backbox. If you meant compared to the pictures on this page a few posts up, that's my tee'd off backbox. I posted my freddy backbox on the last page.

But that did confirm my wires are correct, so I gotta keep looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thestreetzking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=thestreetzking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.