IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#711 2 years ago

Hello all, got a Freddy a couple years ago, my first pin that I fell in love in while at the Vegas museum. A couple issues I fixed over the past few years but a recurring problem is how inconsistent the spitting of the ball from Freddy's mouth. At times he will spit it across the way to the right hand upper flipper area which seems right, but often he will just spit it out and the ball just kind of dribbles out. This is a big problem since when he just spits it out slowly like that the ball goes straight down in the center and no way to stop it, so instant ball losses. I had replaced the coil, springs, etc on the up kicker for the mouth which improved things for a few plays but wondering why it keeps being so inconsistent.

I can play the game several times where he spits it out fine, a bit random in how hard or long the spitting goes, but then I will get a row of games where every ball just kind of dribbles out of the mouth and it's instant losses.

#714 2 years ago

I can see if anything feels loose, I was wondering too if it was the bouncy jaw mechanism kind of getting in the way, hitting the ball when its trying to spit.

It's a super inconsistent problem, like sometimes the machine is spitting fine and works no problem, and then like yesterday I had multiple games in a row where every ball is like "bleh" and just pukes the ball straight down the middle line

1 week later
#716 2 years ago

I've always wondered if it's just the jaw bouncing hitting the ball and causing it to dribble. That thing bounces alot

1 week later
#718 2 years ago

So haven't done anything to it, and the freddy head spits wonderfully now, it's such an odd problem that seems to maybe just be a design flaw? Friend playing one day had it constantly dribble down the middle. Yesterday I played for almost an hour and Freddy never dribbled the ball and was spitting out nice and strong each time. I didn't adjust anything so that is odd.

My freddy glove seems to be a solid resin like cast piece. Is the original also a resin piece or is it like a light plastic? Wondering if mine is repro. It was fine when I got it but one day while playing the entire glove just went flying, the screws holding it in at the bottom had fallen out and when I used the glove flipper it sent it flying onto the play field which snapped one blade. Used stronger/longer screws and also added a dab of epoxy to the threading to make it extra strong when installed, also fixed the broken blade but still wondering if this was a repro.

10 months later
#870 1 year ago

Seen it debated before but never clear, but is the claw shot when used actually do anything? I've heard claims that a special shot with it is worth big points but others saying it really does nothing and is just an upper flipper that you can sometimes use.

2 months later
#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Many people have asked what purple to use for touchup on the playfield. This is spot on from Hobby Lobby.
[quoted image]

Yea that curve near the flippers on mine is all worn away, that would be great to touch it up.

#877 1 year ago

Where does this decal go? I can't seem to find a pic of it's placement anywhere: http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-30997.jpg

Trying to pick up some decals my machine has been missing for a while now.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How does this game hold up in small collections? I think it would be cool next to my Halloween, but I’m concerned about the longevity.

I have one next to my Halloween, got a row of horror going. I love Freddy, it's not a deep game which might hurt longevity. I think it's just a real fun package, one of the best sound packages of any Gottleib, the Robert Englund callouts, lot of fun clips, just all around good presentation. The game is simple in that it pretty much all revolves around making the boiler shot over and over with it's modes, and jackpots are mostly just random revolving targets to hit. The gimmicks are gimmicky and not a whole lot of impact. It's a cool package but not a deep experience. But as a huge horror slasher 80s fan, to me it's a must have

2 weeks later
#897 1 year ago

Again doesn't anyone know where this decal goes? http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-30997.jpg

I don't have it on my Freddy and picked it up along with another set of decals my old game was missing. No idea where that linked decal is supposed to go though

#903 1 year ago

The shooter lane ramp?

#913 1 year ago

What would be an easy lighting upgrade for the game, it really does need some illumination and with the LEDs installed in mine it just seems to create even extra dark areas with how bright some of the lights can be. Anything easy to just pop in?

Quoted from Nightmare:

This is the location of the decal

Im a moron, that's always been there. For some reason could not remember it's location, oh well I got an extra one now I guess.

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question: does having 3 blades on the glove affect game play?

The blades don't really do anything, only the metal arm on the bottom blade does anything. you can basically have no glove and it will work cause the metal blade is what hits balls, not the plastic glove

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#948 1 year ago

So is this a common issue with the game, the ball getting stuck all the time between these two posts? The ball if you hit it with force will wedge it into these two posts and it gets stuck between them all the time on my machine. Is there a better post rubber to avoid this or trick for it?

fred (resized).pngfred (resized).png
#950 1 year ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Mine sticks there as well. I ended up putting a rubber ring around the two posts to eliminate the gap.

It's the one spot that always gets stuck and forces me to open the glass. one night had a party and folks playing games and it got tedious how often I had to unstick that ball from there

2 weeks later
#958 1 year ago

So my machine is pretty old, already had a bunch of cracking on the playfield around the various outlanes. Has a mylar down in the center of the playfield which has kept most of that fine, but the non protected areas have ware, but quite a bit of cracking in various spots. Anything to be done to protect these areas, repair, or what should be done to try and keep things from progressing more than already at?

2 months later
#1000 1 year ago

I've seen folks post up the color match for the purple on the playfield, does anyone have color match acrlyics for the grays? The area around the flippers where the mylar ends is pretty bad on mine and needs touching up, only seen the purple recommendations.

Also my outer lanes are full of cracking on the playfield. No big chunks missing but just tons of cracks all over the paint, not sure how to proceed with taking care of these. It's pretty noticeable any of the lanes and orbits where the main mylar wasn't covering. Is there any treatment to be done to start protecting or fixing this stuff outside of taking it all apart and redoing the entire field with a protector? Do folks just lay down pieces of mylar in worn spots?

2 weeks later
#1015 12 months ago

Asked in the cleaning thread, but seeing about any folks here who are also owners. My Freddy is pretty beat up, wanting to see what I can do to try and fix er up, clean it up and just overall give it a new shine. I'd rather not do a full resto but would like to start working on fixing things. Where the Mylar isn't on the outer lanes and many other areas the balls tend to pass around, got lot of cracking going on. Where the balls drop from the wireforms theres ware down to the wood also. What should I be doing about these cracks?

For worn down to wood areas, simply repainting is enough? Or paint and then some mylar?

Pinside_forum_7545448_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7545448_0 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1022 11 months ago

Well it used to be random, but now every single ball that freddy spits out dribbles SDTM making this unplayable. The ball sometimes even struggles to get out of his mouth and gets hung up on the jaw. I assume this has been discussed before, but hoping can get it figured out

#1024 11 months ago

Also noticed my Freddy mouth has a screw/bolt sticking up on the jaw? Don't seem to see this on other people's Freddy jaws. Wondering if this also is causing issues. Though in the past Freddy would spit the ball out fine like 90% of the time. Now every ball just dribbles out

20230513_180002 (resized).jpg20230513_180002 (resized).jpg
#1028 11 months ago

Got the freddy mouth to spit correctly again, the whole coil was kind of loose on the bracket. Also replaced the old dirty sleeve, new spring, and cleaned it all up and tightened it, now it's spitting like a dream.

Waiting on some parts and stuff to give the whole game a clean and polish. Still need to figure out whats going on with my pop bumper. The ball is often getting stuck on the bottom pop bumper and it takes a huge amount of force to get the ball out. Ball search is also not working to dislodge it so keep getting balls hanging up on top of that bottom pop now.

#1040 11 months ago

I've owned Freddy for years, and think I've gotten to the kreugerrand (what the hell is that name anyways?) shop like twice ever. I don't even understand how you really access it.

#1044 11 months ago
Quoted from gregcube:

I was playing the other day and thought this to myself as well. Then suddenly the trade kreugerrands light came on, I hit the shot and I was in the shop. No idea what I did to light it up though. Haven't lit it since either.
I just learned: "The Krugerrand is a South African coin, first minted on 3 July 1967 to help market South African gold and produced by Rand Refinery and the South African Mint. The name is a compound of Paul Kruger, the former President of the South African Republic, and rand, the South African unit of currency." source: Wikipedia.

Yea since fixing up and working on the old machine, playing it alot lately, and just always got a ton of the things stocked up but never actually get the store to load, which reminded me that in so many years I've only seen it a couple times, feels kind of wasted.

1 week later
#1053 10 months ago

Unfortunate, the game has great animations, some crazy good recreations of movie scenes.

3 months later
#1072 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

I’d like to have one of these eventually. It’s looks scary as hell. I’m just wondering why something like this is not worth a lot like a collectors item. They seem to sell pretty cheap

Just wasn't a hugely popular game, some long time pin heads find the game too simple rule wise also so for them it lacks longevity. It's a classic to me but I can see why it's not in demand.

2 weeks later
#1077 6 months ago

So my right flipper seems to be having some issue with it's hold ability. So when a ball lands on the raised right flipper, the flipper will usually droop down maybe a half inch or so, it still holds up and doesn't collapse but it's got a bit of a weakness to it. It shoots solid still too, but it's just seems to have a bit of slack now when weight gets hit on it. The left flipper doesn't do this, it's new behavior. What should I be looking at to remedy the flipper droop?

Quoted from Mxzmark:

Hey guys, just got my Freddy pinball the other day and have a question about the rules. Seems mine is acting strange. As per the rule sheet to defeat Freddy while in asleep mode (nightmare) you need to fill the power meter and then hit the boiler shot. For some reason even when I don’t hit the boiler shot or the ball drains it completes the current nightmare and moves on to the next. I have seen the same thing happen while watching some other videos of gameplay on you tube. Is this normal? Or is there a setting to make it harder? Doesn’t seem to match what the rule sheet says. Any ideas. Thanks.

The skill shot when you plunge will auto start the next nightmare, there is no qualifying for nightmares other than shooting the boiler so they can go one nightmare into another very quick. Also the game does have a timer, you fall asleep and the nightmare will just start even if you didn't hit the boiler, but hitting the boiler shot just starts it right away.

1 month later
#1083 5 months ago

Sadly they are a known click bait site that shares and posts random news that has no real validity or accurate sources.

2 months later
#1118 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Just got this in my email. The translite is going out in the mail today so should get it soon. AWESOME!![quoted image]

I read he signs stuff you send him (as a service), does he do the pic as part of it or that's another add on? Latest conventions locally he's attended, it's been impossible to see him, huge lines and most people get turned away in large part because he spends time with the fans and doesn't rush through them.

I met him many years ago before conventions were a big thing, no major line, and he really was super sweet and talkative, chatted me up for a good while as he was signing and doodling in a book I brought him. Just started talking about the book and going through it, telling story about a part in it, such a good dude.

#1120 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Yeah. After we got Freddy wife just googled how to go about getting him to sign something and found his website. Was going to send our translite but found he sells them on his, NOS, so figured that would be even better. The picture is a "add on" but how can you not right? lol. You can add a doodle, etc.
Gotta love the expression and he did a little extra on the phrase we asked for so that's pretty cool. I'm sure he gets tons of requests and I think it speaks of his character in the picture, he could have just smiled holding it up or hell just held it up for the pic, lol.
It's pretty neat you met him before the whole convention thing blew up and he was so personable especially when you read about other stars being such dicks to their fans. And if you think about it most of the "new" generation have no idea who he is or who he played, lol

He's apparently still super nice and takes his sweet time with fans. Know a couple who waited a long time recently to see him and he spent a good 5 min with them just chatting away as he signed stuff and no one tries to hurry you along. He apparently is not into that and it's his choice that he goes at his own speed unlike other cons where they rush you through like a conveyer belt. It just makes it hard for folks to meet him, local event this past Oct had folks in line for 4+hrs to be told that they would not get their chance and turned away. It's crazy how things have become with conventions

2 months later
#1132 26 days ago

Yea is that the Pinball Dudes freddy that recently sold? Thing was a beauty

#1139 23 days ago

I never can get into the kreugerand shop in the first place. It feels so hard to do

#1141 23 days ago

So the ball goes in right outlane and then through the pops? Up the left or you mean getting it off the upper flipper between the pops? Not sure where the switch hit counts are for it.

#1146 19 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yes right inlane then right flipper through the pops, into that set of optos and the diverter with elite it to the back of the head to open the shop.
Also, bigger ways to get Krugerand is to hit the captive ball when it’s flashing. Just hitting it will qualify it, do this a few times and you can get a fat stash pretty quick.

Yea it's strange, having the game 7 years I think I've only seen the shop twice in my lifetime.

#1150 17 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Only thing I’m confused about in the rules really, is what is the significance of the drop targets? I have my game set to tournament mode, but I don’t see the drops doing much regardless except for needing to hit them for the second mode?

Outside of 10mil for hitting all three, I don't think they do anything else.

#1152 17 days ago

Hmmm I've never seen those awards for the drop, every time i've taken all three down I would see 10mil appear on screen as the award. Perhaps the other options only work when in nightmare, cause otherwise whats the point of more power if your not in the nightmare?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.