IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nightmare.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 8 years ago

Has anyone done touch ups on the play field where the flipper wear is most common? Needing to know what color purple to apply.

#64 8 years ago

You can also get the Repro Glove from PBResource which Pinball_Customs sells to.

#65 8 years ago

Question on the soul targets. Do you guys screw in the rubber piece or just flap it over the targets?

#67 8 years ago

Thanks. That's how I had it but wasn't sure. Finally got the repro glove installed and it looks great! Hope it holds up.

#68 8 years ago

Well the glove didn't hold up. After playing my first game, the entire glove came off of the bracket. I noticed that the repro isn't as long as the original. I can't get both screws in. Anyone else have this problem?

#69 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

In this picture, you can see the repro isn't long enough.

#72 8 years ago

I had to end up putting a bigger screw that wasn't the original. Now it's holding up but still only able to put one screw in.

3 weeks later
#81 8 years ago

Has anyone ever adjusted the Boiler Room Door and when doing so, the opto to the Bolier Room Door stops working? Ever since adjusting the door underneath the PF, the opto hasn't worked. The LED light stays on which means something is tripped. I replaced the receiver and transmitter with no luck. I also put in another known working OPTO Board underneath and got the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at the one I am shopping. How the &^%$ does the glove come off?

You need to go under the playfield and loosen up the Glove Flipper that way. It's like pulling out a flipper bat.

2 months later
#95 8 years ago

I can honestly say that mine doesn't say get the extra ball during the 2nd Nightmare. Are you using tournament mode?

1 month later
#129 8 years ago

Curious to see if anyone received their replacement glove from Pinball_Customs?

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got mine.... what happened?

Don't know. I was told by Brock that it was going to be shipped and I've never heard anything else from him. So I was just curious if others had received their's or not. Thanks for letting me know Amendes.

3 weeks later
#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The previous owner of my game modded the glove with wood and they've held up perfectly over the last year. The glove to captive ball shot works fairly well for me and is rewarding when it connects, but otherwise it isn't incredibly useful. There are many ways different code could improve the game.

Curious as to what ideas you have to improve this game?

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The glove just knocks ball off ramp correct ? Shopping pin for a friend and can't see what else claw can do

That's pretty much it. Like one of the other posters said, it can sometimes hit the captive ball. Other than that, it's just for looks. As for the size screws to use for the shorter Freddy repro glove, just go to a local hardware store and make sure the screw isn't longer than the glove. I know that's a duh answer but I just grab some unused screws around the house.

#160 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing your opinion on how to make the game better. I agree with everything that you have mentioned in your prior post. I think it would be ideal to make the tv shot target do more than it does. Maybe that has to be accomplished to advanced past Nightmare three. In later modes, maybe that shot has to be activated for extra ball etc.

I would love for someone who has programming skills to improve this game.

#161 8 years ago

There's also a lot of targets in the game that would be cool to use like the greed mode in TZ

2 months later
#183 7 years ago

Does anyone have an extra boiler room plastic that's not broken and would like to sell?

#186 7 years ago

Can anyone get the dimension for Toyota? I'm actually away from my machine for the next few days and can't this for you. I imagine you would have a lot of owners interested if you did this.

1 week later
#188 7 years ago

Is there anyone willing to send Toyota their plastic boiler that's flawless? He could get a good 3D scan and it would help the community. I would ship mine but it's broke in the front.

#191 7 years ago

Transprtr4u is better than mine! My whole front is gone and has duck tape to make up for it.

#192 7 years ago

Bumping:

Just seeing if anyone has a complete boiler room plastic not broken that can measure it for Toyotaboy.

#203 7 years ago

Looks awesome Transprtr! Thanks for getting the measurements to Toyotaboy

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Further to my post on the previous page. I replaced the LEDs with regular globes, put Freddy's head back on and everything is working.....but, when Freddy talks, his mouth kind of chatters rather than opens. The balls will also spit out of his mouth, but they get stuck a lot of the time and have to be spat out again.
I lifted the playfield and noticed a transistor on a coil has the wire broken and it's sticking out in the air. From memory it's the mouth upkicker coil, not the jaw.

That's good. I just know that the two sockets can't touch inside Freddy's head. If they do, it will shortout and cause the lights to not work.

#213 7 years ago

The red looks good inside the house. I think the back part needs a lighting strip. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet but I believe it would help to make things a little brighter for sure.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

nothing is guaranteed until I see how it prints (may have to seperate the ladder as a second printed item like the knob), but here's a rendering:

Looks good so far! Looking forward to the outcome.

#221 7 years ago

The lighting looks really good. Nicely done. It's on my to do list. Hope to knock it out soon. I think it's a must when playing in the dark.

#225 7 years ago

Any progress on the boiler plastic Toyota?

#226 7 years ago

Rest of your flashers working?

#228 7 years ago

That looks awesome! Eagered to see the results.

#231 7 years ago

Have you checked the basics such as all your fuses?

#237 7 years ago

Looks great Toyota! Looking forward to the final outcome and Transport confirming it in their machine. Obviously you already know but put me down for one!

#241 7 years ago

Looks awesome. Good job on this! Can't wait to see what it looks like in a machine.

#243 7 years ago

Now if we could get a better Freddy Head made. I read somewhere on here a while back that someone was planning on making one. Not sure what happened with that. I would like to have one more to Robert Englunds likeness.

#244 7 years ago

Just curious to see if Transport has this in his hands now? Eager to see if it fits and how it looks.

#250 7 years ago

Awesome...that's great news. That didn't take too long then.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes the boiler arrived and my wife picked it up from the post office , however up north till Sunday... Sorry guys first thing to do my list when I'm back home ...
Sorry to keep the drama going

How did it go?

#255 7 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a set of plastics for Freddy? Ideally, I really just need "If the Glove Fits....." and "I'm Back" which is the right slingshot. Thanks

#258 7 years ago

Thanks Amendes. Let me know. Also, thanks for the decals. I'm good on those for right now but may need to reference back to these later.

#261 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the update guys!

1 week later
#263 7 years ago

Any new updates on the boiler?

#266 7 years ago

I'm a shoe in of course! Excited this is getting done!

2 weeks later
#271 7 years ago

I was able to get Toyotaboy boiler installed into my Freddy tonight and I must say it looks great! The only thing that I can point out that may need to be adjusted but honestly, it's not that big of a deal is the front plastic on both sides near the front is on top of the nuts attached to the other plastic. It fits in nice an snug and I don't think it's a big deal. Thanks again for doing this Toyota!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#278 7 years ago

Guys, I must say that this is much better quality than the original boiler. It's made out of tougher material and doesn't feel like you can just snap in half like the original. I'll be curious to see how it comes out with the front being stripped.

1 month later
#299 7 years ago

Obviously I like the machine for the theme as well. This was the machine that brought me to pinball in the first place. Even though it isnt consider deep and doesn't really have any modes per say, I still enjoy playing to take a break from all the mode heavy games. It's a fast little machine when dialed in and Freddy talking back to you is iconic.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Another Freddy issue has popped up....balls are being ejected from his mouth, but Freddy's jaw keeps talking chattering and blocking the ball from being spit out...then he coughs multiple times to try and eject the ball. Has anyone had this issue? Off the top of my head, dirty opto that needs cleaning or replacing?
Thanks!
Adam.

That would be my first guess. It doesn't know that the ball went behind Freddy's head.

1 week later
#306 7 years ago

I have a strange issue that just started happening yesterday.

Whenever the Boiler Door goes down, it triggers the Boiler opto. Has anyone ever seen this? I made sure the optos were clean and adjusted the door/motor as well.

If I have the Boiler Door up during switch testing, the opto is fine. If I have the Boiler Door down during switch testing, the Boiler Opto is stuck on.

Thanks

#307 7 years ago

Well after a lot of troubleshooting, I was able to figure out my issue. The opto on the left side of the boiler room was just loose enough to cause all those triggers when the door would go down. After I tighten up the opto, the problem was solved.

1 year later
#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Do you have trouble with the boiler door getting stuck after you shoot your first ball? Mine does and it drives me crazy. When I turn it on it goes up and down then I start a game it works till I shoot first ball then it stays in place wherever it’s at. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Need to adjust the arm that raises the boiler room door underneath. You will see that the arm is in between two switches. Need to make sure the arm makes contact with both. That will fix your problem with that.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok will try to find that switch when I get home. Hope that’s all it is. So it need to touch bout connections? So bend it pretty much?

Yes, you can move it manually with your hand. Please move it while the machine is off.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

What is the arm a rod? Didn’t see where the switch was when I looked under last night. Under the playfield right?

If I still had my machine, I would take a picture but I don’t. It’s a metal arm/rod that moves the door up and down. You can’t miss it.

#451 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are you sure the bottom one is plastic? It should not be

Agreed

1 month later
#479 6 years ago

Looking for a Repo Glove. PM if you have a spare.

1 week later
#484 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Pretty sure I have an extra repro glove, I'll have to check.

Thanks. Let me know.

2 months later
#499 5 years ago

JJJJJS I too think that piece looks great. I believe others would be willing to pay for that 3d Model if you are interested in doing a small run. I was recently looking to find away to include the house somewhere on the game. Never thought of actually replacing the actual house plastic.

#501 5 years ago

Probably too small. Have a link? Would might look good above the captive ball

1 week later
#511 5 years ago

Agreed! Instructions cards are really cool. Good job on that.

1 month later
#517 5 years ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Thanks for the compliment! I've thought about making a couple more though I'll need to make one or two revisions before I'd feel comfortable offering them. Love the idea of using the flame bulb, currently I've got a red and an orange flasher in there to create the fire illusion.

Have you made any lead way on this? Just curious because the community would love to purchase one.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Not yet. I've got the Portland Retro Gaming Expo coming up in a month and preparation for that is sucking up all my time. Plan is to work on finishing the house and the two TFTC mods I've got in proto stage right after the show.

Thanks for the update. Good luck at the Expo and I'm extremely excited about the outcome of the house.

2 months later
#534 5 years ago
Quoted from mrsyfy:

Are you selling them? If so I would like two sets. I am working on recasting the claw for the play field as well as the Cowl out of a musch stronger plastic and a more durable rubber. First claw comes out of the mold today.

Keep us posted on how it turns out! May have people interested if you decide to sell.

2 weeks later
#537 5 years ago

How did the glove turn out?

2 months later
#543 5 years ago

I would start with the easy stuff then work your way up. For example, do you see lights on the opto board underneath the Playfield? Secondly, have you tried to reflow the solder joints on both the transmitter and receiver boards near the boiler door? They are underneath the plastic to the left and right of the boiler door. Those transmitter and receivers boards are notorious for having to reflow the solder. I've had to do that on two different Freddy's.

8 months later
#598 4 years ago

Like the Green and Red under Freddy’s head. Did you make that?

2 weeks later
#616 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I own a Freddy and was wondering if anyone knows what something like this should be worth as $500 Australian sounds expensive. Thats about $300USD.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/andrews-farm/collectables/robert-englund-signed-nightmare-on-elm-street-translight-pinball/1236697471

If you want your translite signed, Robert Englund will do it for $100 USD. Of course you would have to ship it and pay for it to be returned to you. Just go to www.robertenglund.com and click shop

3 months later
#631 4 years ago

Looks like you got your work cut out for you. Look forward to seeing your progression.

#637 4 years ago

How's it coming a long Haggy38? Any new updates?

#638 4 years ago

Not sure if you guys have seen this.....but Lyons Arcade based out of Rock Hill, SC did this over a year ago. He was missing the original house and decided to do this mod which is awesome.

Freddy House (resized).pngFreddy House (resized).png
#640 4 years ago

After looking over the playfield I really think the Jackpot inserts and Freddy shot inserts should be color coded. With the natural or cool white, it just blends in too much with the rest of the inserts. Not sure if others have done this.

1 week later
#643 4 years ago

Good luck with the touch ups. The Purple can be a little challenging to match but not terrible. I used Acrylic for my touch ups in the past and it came out great.

2 months later
#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Where do I find the Lost Souls faces rubber that goes under Freddy's head? I need it and other decals etc.

Pinball Resources

2 months later
#666 3 years ago

I will be in for the house! Finally someone is tackling this. Please PM when it’s ready to be purchased.

2 months later
#678 3 years ago

What a massive improvement over the stocked house. Nice work customizing the house Jet. Great design ToyotaBoy! The house and the boiler is a major upgrade for this game.

4 months later
#690 2 years ago
Quoted from parksr5:

Tried to join the club today without success.
Found a machine that looked nice in the pictures. Asked about condition, owner said that there's no wear or issues of note. Drive 3 hours and 45 minutes to look at it for 2-3 minutes and make the drive home.
Had planking and paint loss around the flippers and the right side of the play field. Wear by the drop ball areas like normal. He was asking premium money so; I didn't even try bartering with him. Was worth about half what he was asking. Decent machine, just not for the money. Thanked him for his time and got back in the car. Sigh.
Guess I'll continue to keep my eyes open for one.

Geez. I know that can be frustrating. I can tell you that I’ve owned four different Freddy’s and all of them but one had some wear around the flippers. Obviously don’t let that be a game changer for you but price should also reflect that. Good luck on your search. They only made 2800 of them!

3 months later
#694 2 years ago
Quoted from sandviper:

Hello everyone, I don't know how to join the club, I hope it's not a problem that I'm writing here. Someone had the same problem ??
1) the left tunnel registers the ball (points are added) but does not register logic (jackpot and other flashing events are not activated, but the points for passing the loop are counted, which means the opto pair works) sometimes the loop is counted, but this happens very rarely and if the ball was rolling sooo slowly.
I think this is a problem with mpu
2) The coil in Freddy's head spits out the ball at different speed (sometimes on the third flipper, and sometimes straight downward)
and I don't think the problem is in the coil
Anybody have any ideas?[quoted image]

There's a metal bracket under Freddy's Head. Make sure that it's tighten down and straight. Also check to make sure your machine is leveled.

Not sure about your 1st question. Haven't seen that before. If I had to guess, it's a switch issue.

#695 2 years ago

Looking for a broken Freddy Glove if anyone is willing to part ways with it. I'm looking at you (those that have a reproduction one)

Thanks

1 month later
#701 2 years ago

Yes, the Glove Flipper looks good. I actually prefer the original glove over the reproduction glove. Even if broken. Yes, please share what the paint is.

#713 2 years ago

I've seen this before and it's always been the metal bracket under Freddy's head. It was lose and needed to be tighten down. With that said, I would take Freddy's head off and test and see how it performs.

2 weeks later
#719 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So haven't done anything to it, and the freddy head spits wonderfully now, it's such an odd problem that seems to maybe just be a design flaw? Friend playing one day had it constantly dribble down the middle. Yesterday I played for almost an hour and Freddy never dribbled the ball and was spitting out nice and strong each time. I didn't adjust anything so that is odd.
My freddy glove seems to be a solid resin like cast piece. Is the original also a resin piece or is it like a light plastic? Wondering if mine is repro. It was fine when I got it but one day while playing the entire glove just went flying, the screws holding it in at the bottom had fallen out and when I used the glove flipper it sent it flying onto the play field which snapped one blade. Used stronger/longer screws and also added a dab of epoxy to the threading to make it extra strong when installed, also fixed the broken blade but still wondering if this was a repro.

Send a picture and we can confirm if it's a reproduction or not

#726 2 years ago

Dang. Too bad we don't have a plastic set of these. I wish someone would get them scanned and then have PBresource sell them.

#729 2 years ago

That would be great if you were able to get some scans. Over time we all know that these plastics can break. So would be good to have reproduction ones as an option to preserve the game.

As for the ColorDMD, to my knowledge, it hasn't been done. Has any Gottlieb's System 3's got this treatment?

#735 2 years ago

Looking good!

Fred Shades (resized).jpgFred Shades (resized).jpg
1 week later
#741 2 years ago

No one to my knowledge is making them anymore. The guy that was making them for Pinball Resources has stopped. You could always use a dremel and cut into the glove and replace blades with Lexan Plastic. Make sure to use epoxy. I've done these for a couple of the gloves. Actually prefer that over the reproduction one.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I will be modeling one for ours then. Is there much of a need for them? I will print mine a with a high strength engineering resin. Should take the hit better than the original.

Oh yeah. Haha. There’s a need for these. Because even the reproduction has been known to break.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

So little Freddy waiting for painting, 3D printed on Elegoo Mars Pro resin printer, where should I put it….?
Gustavo
[quoted image]

Looking good. I say by the boiler door. Please post pic of when it’s been painted.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Freddys glove is finally restored, ready to scratch some balls
Gustavo
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you're playing with power!

PowerGlove (resized).pngPowerGlove (resized).png
#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

So Freddys shirt it’s been renovated, he could use more Bloddd color hahahahah!!
Gustavo
[quoted image]

I've always thought about doing that but didn't want to paint the metal. I think a sticker/decal would work better. Just incase you wanted to revert back you could. Looks good!

2 weeks later
#775 2 years ago
Quoted from Hitlow:

Where can I get these or a new glove?

Looks like it can be had on eBay. Someone is making reproduction ones at a limited run.

ebay.com link: itm

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Good Afternoon,
I just purchased a NOES Pin a few months back and love it. I know it is an older game but are there any MOD's out for this title still? Can you upgrade it to a Color DMD? It already has LED lights. Who makes the Custom instruction cards? Love to hear an see pictures of what you all have done with your Freddie's.
Any Playfield MOD suggestions?
Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street

I've been thinking about adding this as a topper. Awhile back in previous posts you will see that Freddy Grave Walker was being used as an topper. I had one but seemed pretty overbearing if you ask me. This looks just right.

Freddy Ground Breaker (resized).pngFreddy Ground Breaker (resized).png
2 weeks later
#784 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I'm working on a 3d model and resin printed glove in engineering resin that I'm hoping will stand up to ball hits better than the original. It will also look better, more detail. I'm mid development of it now as my games glove is meh.

Rock on! This is good news. Look forward to the final product.

2 weeks later
#798 2 years ago

Link for the Freddy figurine?

3 weeks later
#810 2 years ago

You weren’t kidding. That machine is nice! Good score and welcome back to the club. I can’t tell if that house is plastic or not but Toyotaboy made a couple a while back. I have one of them. If interested, I would reach out to him and see if he would do another run.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

This was made of wood and is amazing. It has a freddy I inside and it hinges where you can easily access the inside led light strip . The lcd mod was custom made with pieces of the neca TV freddy and plays the whole first nightmare on elm Street movie.

Ah, ok. Then I know where that Freddy came from then. Lyons Arcade restored that machine awhile back. You should check out the restore on YouTube. Ronny did an excellent job on it.

1 week later
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Hey guys. Quick question. My divertor behind freddys head is broken and needs replaced and the only replacement I can find is the one for the shooter lane. Are they the same size? I don't have a manual so I can't look it up but I have a feeling that they are.

It's not the same. According to the manual, the part number that you are needing is this : MA-1791B

2 weeks later
#823 2 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Mine does not do that. I would take a look at the 3 mechanical relays for lamps in the bottom of your cabinet on the right hand side. My theory would be that would be the best place to start diagnostic the problem. I could be wrong but I suspect that the best place to start.

I concur. I had that same issue and it ended up being the Relay. Just a minor adjustment because it wasn't closed.

5 months later
#861 1 year ago

Reach out to Radfordian3505. I believe he did one previously to one of his machines.

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

You said it would never leave, what changed?

As Freddy would say, "Coffee, Tea, or Me" I guess he chose the other.

4 weeks later
#871 1 year ago
Quoted from MStem80:

All of the sudden my Freddy is getting the ball stuck in Freddy's head. Eventually he will spit them out, is this a sensor issue or vuk issue?

If it doesn't eject right away then it's an opto issue within the subway. I believe there's a total of three optos that you will need to check.

#872 1 year ago

Seen it debated before but never clear, but is the claw shot when used actually do anything? I've heard claims that a special shot with it is worth big points but others saying it really does nothing and is just an upper flipper that you can sometimes use.

It's a special shot if you can hit it from the glove flipper to the captive ball beside the boiler room

2 months later
#881 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How does this game hold up in small collections? I think it would be cool next to my Halloween, but I’m concerned about the longevity.

Being that you already have 6 machines, you should be good with Freddy in the lineup. Freddy is a good game for beginners to play/understand. When dialed in, it can be a pretty fast game. I enjoy the game because it's an interesting layout from other pins. The only thing I feel is lacking is not having a ramp. Like others have mentioned, if you are a fan of the movies, it's a must have. These are becoming more rare and harder to find these days because of the low production numbers. So if you see one, I'd jump on it and welcome it to PrimeTime!

#887 1 year ago

Nice work. I would like the decals as well if you decide to print/ship

1 week later
#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Picking up my first Freddy. Does anyone know where i can find a new freddy glove?

Congrats and good timing since it's still spooky season. I believe there is someone on eBay that is making them. If you still have the original glove however, I would be more likely to repair with epoxy/lexan.

#900 1 year ago

Again doesn't anyone know where this decal goes? http://www.pbresource.com/plastic/gtb-30997.jpg
I don't have it on my Freddy and picked it up along with another set of decals my old game was missing. No idea where that linked decal is supposed to go though

Yep, it belongs in the game. Front Ramp on the outer side.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from ukirish:

hey everyone i been re reading all of the old post i purchased my freddy this past summer. huge freddy fan . mine is in pretty good shape i cleaned it up re[placed all bulbs and added some led and led strobes. i am having a wierd issue with my bottom set of strobes . once replaced the 2 bulbs in freedy head the strobes appear to weant to cycle but the voltage is so low it barely lights the fillament in the incondecent bulb. and it wont even light the led. what could be the issue with super low voltage ?

Double check and make sure your flashers are 906

#907 1 year ago

The shooter lane ramp?

This is the location of the decal

D8942939-4EBD-4C82-818C-87999752A083 (resized).jpegD8942939-4EBD-4C82-818C-87999752A083 (resized).jpeg
#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

This is the location of the decal. I should have said above left slingshot. Sorry for the confusion.
[quoted image]

1 week later
#917 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

All of the sudden my boiler door will not work correctly after starting nightmare 1. It stays down and will not come back up until I turn the game off and on again. During the power up sequence, the game goes into attract mode and my boiler door will go up and down about 5-6 times. When I start a game, the boiler door works fine until I enter it, then it refuses to come back up. The game plays fine, but the door stays down the entire time.
Has anyone else had this issue before? What does your boiler door do when the game is first powered on?

Yep. I've seen this before. You will need to adjust the arm that controls the boiler from going up underneath the playfield. You either have the boiler door too high or not high enough. Good luck.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks. I’ll check out the arm when I get home today. How about the power up sequence? Is the door supposed to go up and down 5-6 times?

Yes. That's normal behavior.

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I still can't play a game, wondering what the trough eject problem is with 4 balls? Can't believe they charge for the manual to this game?

3 balls need to be in the trough while the last ball needs to be resting on the switch before entering the trough. Try that before starting up machine and see what you get.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats good to know but still get "ball stuck or missing message"? It won't give me credits either?

When you start up the game, does it say Freddy's home but nothing else happens? Or do you just get a message that says ball stuck?

3 weeks later
#943 1 year ago

I think we are going to need him to make more than just 3 to sell. You've got a winner with these art blades!

2 weeks later
#947 1 year ago

Great job on the translite and art blades! Artwork is awesome. Did you draw that? Post pics in machine soon.

1 month later
#972 1 year ago

27inch are on mine.

#975 1 year ago

Base off the manual, they should be 31's

3 weeks later
#990 1 year ago

And if that doesn’t work, you may be looking at a transistor that needs to be replaced. I recall one doing the same behavior and it was a bad transistor.

3 weeks later
#998 1 year ago

I like what you did there. I have the same figure in my machine but it's at the captive ball at full height. Good idea with having him lurking behind the house!

1 week later
#1003 1 year ago

I’m happy to finally see Freddy is getting some mod love over the past year or so. The art blades have been a nice addition.

2 weeks later
#1020 12 months ago
Quoted from Nuge405:

I'm absolutely ecstatic to be picking up a Freddy next week! Any longtime owners have some advice on the pros and cons of this particular machine?

If you are a fan of Freddy, you will love the game. Robert Englund's call outs are great like the previous poster said. The only thing I wish this game had was at least one ramp shot. The boiler shot is challenging enough when you are trying to make that shot when in asleep mode to defeat Freddy. Also, you have to hit certain freddy shots to even qualify to defeat Freddy. In a bigger collection, this game is different enough to keep around.

2 months later
#1062 9 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to Viggin900 I bought the sweater decal and side art blades from him for my Freddy. They are BEYOND awesome!! So again thank you! Can't wait to put them in the game. Very cool!!

Love the addition of new mods being rolled out for this game. Now if we can just get colordmd to release a version for Freddy. I think the color dots would look amazing for this game.

1 week later
#1064 9 months ago

Has anyone had a chance to catch Hollywood Dreams & Nightmares : A Robert Englund Story?

Physical copy came out a couple days ago to be purchased. It can be streamed on Screambox. I'm about 3/4 finished and its very interesting.

3 months later
#1091 5 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

I cut my claws out of a lexan sheet, trust it more than anything else for this type of work.

I did the exact same for mine and haven’t had any issues since.

3 months later
#1127 49 days ago

Personally, I wouldn’t chance it. I believe others have attempted on System 3’s and it will most likely pull the paint off.

3 weeks later
#1145 27 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It’s criminally underrated in my opinion.
I guess those that own the game and seek it out know what I mean, if you know, you know

Agreed. Now we just need a ColorDMD to go with the game. Then it would take this criminally underrated game to Prime Time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nightmare.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=nightmare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.