IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I'd agree that it's underrated (may not get much chance with the love it or hate it theme), but it's certainly not a top tier machine. Bit too easy with longer ball times than I prefer for regular play (pretty much have to give up to not get through all the nightmares at least once). Glad to have it as my second machine though and I don't intend to sell it anytime soon, if ever (love Freddy).

Glove error on the sides of the head is somewhat irritating (6 blades).

I currently have an LCD keychain loaded with movie scenes that I plan to build a TV mod for.

Been wearing this costume for a few years now:

Fred.jpgFred.jpg
7 months later
#98 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Is anyone looking for a replacement Freddy head for their playfield?
Mine had cracked at the base where it's bolted to the playfield, and I was surprised to find that the entire weight of the head is supported just on those two screws alone. I repaired it, but have since made a silicone mold to make a new stronger and lighter weight replica. The separate jaw piece too. Since Steve Young owns the rights to reproduction parts on this game, I have no intention to make or offer these directly, but curious whether there's enough interest to finish up the mold and talk to Steve about producing a limited number of finished parts to offer through PBResource. I believe that is how the replica glove flippers are being handled.
Additionally, I do intend on creating a completely new sculpt of my own as a custom mod to replace this part with a Freddy that looks a bit more screen accurate and does not have the hat, and could also be a direct bolt on replacement using the existing jaw (or possibly a newly sculpted jaw too.) I'm in no hurry to finish this, but if there is enough interest I may push it up the priority list.

Mine is in great shape, but a more screen accurate version would definitely pique my interest if done well and not too costly.

1 month later
#148 8 years ago
Quoted from notstatler:

The glove flipper is not particularly useful, but I've activated it several times during multiball, so it ends up unintentionally hitting pins. So far the two middle knives broke off. I literally got this thing home and running at 10:30 pm Friday!
How can I fix them so they don't break? I saw a post on another pin site/thread where a guy recreated the knives out of wood and cut notches into the glove to slide the new knives into. I suppose I could do that. I was kind of thinking of just gluing them back on and disabling the flipper all together since you can't really make a useful shot with it.

The previous owner of my game modded the glove with wood and they've held up perfectly over the last year. The glove to captive ball shot works fairly well for me and is rewarding when it connects, but otherwise it isn't incredibly useful. There are many ways different code could improve the game.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Like one of the other posters said, it can sometimes hit the captive ball.

It awards a jackpot for doing so, so not just a normal captive ball hit.

Quoted from Nightmare:

Curious as to what ideas you have to improve this game?

The layout isn't terrible and the toys are good, so I think it has potential (as noted below, this is in reference to it as a home use game). The main issue I have is that the game progress is too linear, and perhaps too much focus on the boiler shot. Modes/Nightmares don't have enough individuality. It would have been nice if there was an Addams-like selection system, and better use of (better reward from) the soul chest and drop targets (make them more necessary). Even focusing 100% on the chest for a mode to "kill" Freddy with no boiler shot, etc. would have been an interesting change compared to what exists, or a system/mode that allowed a tunnel search or drop target completion to collect items (weapon/3D glasses/health[use of the awake meter?]) to prepare for Freddy modes (Champion Pub-like?). As it is, it feels just like the inserts suggest...1,2,3,4... Hard to get the "one more game" feel from it after going through the game a few times in sequence. I'm also not a fan of the give away multiball system (particularly right at the start). Kruegerrands could disappear and I wouldn't miss them, so that may be my opinion, or they could use work.

If I had any expectation that someone would do a code update, perhaps I'd have more reason to suggest improvements, but as it stands, it's easier to note the issues it has for long term ownership, which it wasn't really designed for. The linear modes and simplicity actually work well for a route game. A new player can easily track their progress and have a reasonable chance at "beating" the game without spending too much time/money on it. It can be exciting to try to get to the Final Nightmare for the first time.

1 year later
#413 6 years ago
Quoted from PINADDICT1469:

New to the Freddy machine and have a big question. It seems to play differently a lot of times. It use to start with the boiler door cycling up and down, now sometimes its open all of the time and others its closed all of the time. The game acts different as well, claw activation is faster and multiball come on deifferently. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

I no longer own a Freddy, but this issue was resolved for me by adjusting the boiler door from under the playfield. A nut or bolt that needed to be tightened with the door in the right position. You may be able to search around for better detail on that.

4 months later
#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Do you have trouble with the boiler door getting stuck after you shoot your first ball? Mine does and it drives me crazy. When I turn it on it goes up and down then I start a game it works till I shoot first ball then it stays in place wherever it’s at. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't recall exactly the fix (sold my Freddy awhile back), but it involved getting the arm positioned correctly underneath the playfield and tightening the nut. I expect the information still exists wherever I found it before, or someone else could offer something more detailed. Mine did exactly as you describe and worked perfectly after the fix.

EDIT: Seems I was a few seconds late in responding

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.