IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepshows.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#496 5 years ago

Hey everyone! Finally happy to report that after a long search, I am now a proud owner of a home use only Freddy machine that could not be in better shape! I have a bunch of mods and fun things I'm going to share here shortly, but first...

Can anyone confirm the proper position of the BOILER ROOM DOOR at various points of the game? I have never seen mine 100% UP. It only ever rises to about 30% UP. That said I'm not that good at this game yet and rarely get over 100,000,000 (not sure if that matters or not).

If anyone could lay out how the door should be functioning, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#498 5 years ago

JJJJJS That thing is amazing! Ever consider making more? Also, I saw another owner stick a "flame bulb" inside the house in a video and I thought that was perfect for that piece. Another awesome idea.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

My door does go all the way up at different times through out the game.

Perfect. Thanks for responding. Guess I have to check under the hood here.

#506 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I made some custom rule cards that match the theme of the game. Those yellow xerox copies just weren’t cutting it. Let me know if anyone has interest and I’ll post the high res files!

D03F7766-8E22-4B3B-92A2-E9B22DDF1B86.jpegD03F7766-8E22-4B3B-92A2-E9B22DDF1B86.jpeg
#514 5 years ago

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. I made these things super high-res @ 600 dpi.

Since Pinside doesn't allow TIFF attachments, here are the high-res files:
Rule card #1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmihj6gwgqsd6iu/freddy-pinball-card-1.tif?dl=0
Rule card #2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dsrgv80mnvbozr/freddy-pinball-card-2.tif?dl=0

And just to check em out, here are some PNG attachments. You'll have to trim some of the black off both cards to make it fit! Let me know if anyone has any issues!
freddy-pinball-card-1 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-1 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-2 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-2 (resized).png

5 months later
#538 5 years ago

Alright everyone, what do you use to clean your Freddy playfield? I've been hesitant to use any sort of chemical on machine since I first got it, but it may time.

Any tips on cleaning up a 25 year old Gottlieb playfield are appreciated!

1 year later
#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

So fixed the boiler room door last night. Pulled boiler top playfield plastics to check for red opti lights nothing so then went back to the mechanical side of troubleshooting. Posting for knowledge. See picture and red arrow. I had to read through about 10 different post to find bits and pieces of knowledge. This worked for me anyhow. I put the machine in test mode and went to the boiler room setting. Hit start until the arm was all the way to where door would be closed. Then I just loosened the screw in the picture pushed the arm all the way up to the playfield/door shut. Then tighten the screw back down. When you start the game the door will go up and down even on the first nightmare shot. Either way it works now [quoted image]

You just saved me days. Thank you. Trying this fix on my door this weekend!

2 years later
#833 2 years ago

Hey everyone. It's been a while!
Two questions for the group...

1) What is the Playfield Protector of choice for those of you who are going that route? Any issues?

2) My Upkicker behind Freddy's head, which sends the ball up the wire ramp, severely lags at this point. A lot of times during game play, the ball will just sit there for over a minute or so, and then eventually kick up and send the ball up the ramp. Beyond getting an entirely new Upkicker (which are hard to find) what part/parts should I be looking to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

3 weeks later
#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

So if I understand #2 correctly it seems that you might have an issue with your upkicker microswitch that tells the game there is a ball in there. After a certain amount of time of the game not seeing any inputs it will try to locate a lost or trapped ball by activating the coils. That’s probably why it triggers after a minute if I had to guess. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a ton for the reply, @newtothis. Definitely something I'll dig into. I guess the only thing I'd add is that not all upkickers fire looking for a lost ball, it's just the upkicker the ball is in. Unless of course, maybe that's the first upkicker to look for a lost ball, it finds one, and the game continues? I'll definitely report back!

6 months later
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from MStem80:

I added some side blades to my Simpsons and Freddy last weekend from tilt graphics. Here's some pics for reference, I couldn't find any pics when I was trying to get an idea of what these would look like before I bought them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have those sideblades too, they're awesome. BTW, sweet rules cards!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creepshows.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=creepshows and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.