IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
#401 6 years ago

I need to get me a freddy!

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I need to get me a freddy!

Come play the one at RecBar in Louisville, KY

#403 6 years ago

I need to get up there for sure.

2 weeks later
#404 6 years ago

Hello All!! My husband and I just bought the Freddy pinball machine and LOVE IT!!!! But it just so happens that right when we figured out the rules the left upkick decided to stop working... A few days ago we noticed the boiler room door wasn't opening all the way and the ball is getting stuck which causes the machine to malfunction. Is there a direction you can point me and my husband in to fix the upkick part? Or how to fix this problem with the boiler room door? Thank you so much and we're so exciyed to be apart of this forum...

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from jnoelo1225:

Hello All!! My husband and I just bought the Freddy pinball machine and LOVE IT!!!! But it just so happens that right when we figured out the rules the left upkick decided to stop working... A few days ago we noticed the boiler room door wasn't opening all the way and the ball is getting stuck which causes the machine to malfunction. Is there a direction you can point me and my husband in to fix the upkick part? Or how to fix this problem with the boiler room door? Thank you so much and we're so exciyed to be apart of this forum...

jnoelo1225 on the boiler door. Probably just needs the "lift" rod under the adjusted. It's kinda tricky getting set right. Had the same problem with mine. Also if you need a manual I have an original one I can sell.

#406 6 years ago

Thank you...we have a manuel. My husband is gonna open the machine today and work on it. Thanks for the tip...we will keep you posted!!

1 week later
#407 6 years ago

The machine from TNT is my machine I purchased

IMG_2436 (resized).JPGIMG_2436 (resized).JPG

#408 6 years ago

IMG_2434 (resized).JPGIMG_2434 (resized).JPG

#409 6 years ago

I'm going to look at one today.

What are some common areas of failure or wear I should be looking for?

Thanks

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from jnoelo1225:

On your vertical upkicker problem. I would first check the the wires that are soldered on the coil. Maybe one wire just fell off/ came loose. Then check test the fuses. In your Manuel it will have a a list of what each fuse is for.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

What are some common areas of failure or wear I should be looking for?

Check the boiler room door (that it opens all the way), that the freddy jaw moves normally. Check for broken claw fingers, check for wear or touchups around the mylar (especially in front of the flippers). Definitely do a switch test for the gobble hole inside the boiler room. If that's not working, you'll never get to nightmare mode.

1 week later
#412 6 years ago

New to the Freddy machine and have a big question. It seems to play differently a lot of times. It use to start with the boiler door cycling up and down, now sometimes its open all of the time and others its closed all of the time. The game acts different as well, claw activation is faster and multiball come on deifferently. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from PINADDICT1469:

New to the Freddy machine and have a big question. It seems to play differently a lot of times. It use to start with the boiler door cycling up and down, now sometimes its open all of the time and others its closed all of the time. The game acts different as well, claw activation is faster and multiball come on deifferently. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

I no longer own a Freddy, but this issue was resolved for me by adjusting the boiler door from under the playfield. A nut or bolt that needed to be tightened with the door in the right position. You may be able to search around for better detail on that.

#414 6 years ago

I did adjust it, but its not the problem. It is seems like it is the mode the game is starting in, because other things operate differently also. It auto shoots the ball everytime, the diverter switches like in multiball mode, and a couple of other things seem different with the game play.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from PINADDICT1469:

I did adjust it, but its not the problem. It is seems like it is the mode the game is starting in, because other things operate differently also. It auto shoots the ball everytime, the diverter switches like in multiball mode, and a couple of other things seem different with the game play.

Do you have a dead/dying battery; causing some menu options to be reset/changed? Just thought it was worth throwing out there...

#416 6 years ago

I'll have to check. At this point, I have no idea.

#417 6 years ago

Finally found it. Lower micro switch lever was broken off, on the boiler door. Back up and running great. Also had a chance to look it over, only had it for a month, and replaced 22 bad bulbs.

1 week later
#418 6 years ago

Hello, I just picked up one of these and have some issues.

The game doesn't boot without adjusting the voltage down/up, I've read you need to replace c20/21 on the CPU board and possibly the u11 chip. Gonna do that when parts come in.

Also the first ball that drains in multiball kills the flippers and drains the rest of the balls in play. I've read this is not how it works.

The ball save loves to activate even when I have ball save turned to "very hard" in the menu.

Thank you for any info!

1 month later
#419 6 years ago

Does anyone need these decals?

IMG_20171220_204926 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_204926 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171220_204201 (resized).jpgIMG_20171220_204201 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#420 6 years ago

Hey there, does anyone need any of these parts?

IMG_20180103_181318 (resized).jpgIMG_20180103_181318 (resized).jpg

#421 6 years ago

I do, what is shipping to the states?

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey there, does anyone need any of these parts?

Still available!

#423 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#424 6 years ago

I join the club Saturday! Can’t wait to play this pin.

#425 6 years ago

Have a problem with mine. When I close coin door it continually beeps And scores flash on DMD . Won’t let me play game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Have a problem with mine. When I close coin door it continually beeps And scores flash on DMD . Won’t let me play game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mine does this every once in awhile, would like to know how to fix this also.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Quoted from finnflash:

Mine does this every once in awhile, would like to know how to fix this also.

Very common problem. Mine does it every now and then also.
There is a section listed here on how to fix it.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Very common problem. Mine does it every now and then also.
There is a section listed here on how to fix it.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_3

Do you have trouble with the boiler door getting stuck after you shoot your first ball? Mine does and it drives me crazy. When I turn it on it goes up and down then I start a game it works till I shoot first ball then it stays in place wherever it’s at. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Do you have trouble with the boiler door getting stuck after you shoot your first ball? Mine does and it drives me crazy. When I turn it on it goes up and down then I start a game it works till I shoot first ball then it stays in place wherever it’s at. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Need to adjust the arm that raises the boiler room door underneath. You will see that the arm is in between two switches. Need to make sure the arm makes contact with both. That will fix your problem with that.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

I don't recall exactly the fix (sold my Freddy awhile back), but it involved getting the arm positioned correctly underneath the playfield and tightening the nut. I expect the information still exists wherever I found it before, or someone else could offer something more detailed. Mine did exactly as you describe and worked perfectly after the fix.

EDIT: Seems I was a few seconds late in responding

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

If I do remember it's a setting issue. Is the game set to free-play?

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yes it’s set to free play

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Need to adjust the arm that raises the boiler room door underneath. You will see that the arm is in between two switches. Need to make sure the arm makes contact with both. That will fix your problem with that.

Ok will try to find that switch when I get home. Hope that’s all it is. So it need to touch bout connections? So bend it pretty much?

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Is that the cause? Why does it do it? Is it gonna mess up something later?

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

What is the arm a rod? Didn’t see where the switch was when I looked under last night. Under the playfield right?

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok will try to find that switch when I get home. Hope that’s all it is. So it need to touch bout connections? So bend it pretty much?

Yes, you can move it manually with your hand. Please move it while the machine is off.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

What is the arm a rod? Didn’t see where the switch was when I looked under last night. Under the playfield right?

If I still had my machine, I would take a picture but I don’t. It’s a metal arm/rod that moves the door up and down. You can’t miss it.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

If I still had my machine, I would take a picture but I don’t. It’s a metal arm/rod that moves the door up and down. You can’t miss it.

Ok I know what arm your talking about for sure . I checked the nut and it’s tight thing is I didn’t see any switch it would hit when it goes up and down. When I get home I’ll look and if you don’t mind send you a pic to see if u can help a lil more thank you so much

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Is that the cause? Why does it do it? Is it gonna mess up something later?

Man.... I don't own this machine anymore but that's a common issue with gottliebs such as Freddy and Stargate... It has also sthg to do with the coin door buttons (if they're pressed or not, like on or off) and a switch that triggers when the door is closed... Sorry I can't be of more help....

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man.... I don't own this machine anymore but that's a common issue with gottliebs such as Freddy and Stargate... It has also sthg to do with the coin door buttons (if they're pressed or not, like on or off) and a switch that triggers when the door is closed... Sorry I can't be of more help....

Thanks for the info you were a lot of help

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, saw your post. .. never had that problem with my machine. .. hope it never happens again with you! !!
Some more pics of mine!

Where you get that skeleton mod? And do you know where I can get a glove replacement?

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Where you get that skeleton mod? And do you know where I can get a glove replacement?

I have an extra glove

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have an extra glove

For sale? How much and can u post pics? Thanks

#444 6 years ago

Its darker then the original glove

20180220_061622 (resized).jpg20180220_061622 (resized).jpg

20180220_061826 (resized).jpg20180220_061826 (resized).jpg

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its darker then the original glove

Ok so 4 fingers have blades. Looks good. Are the holes to fit it and bolt it in machine in the right spot? I want it. And where did you get your blades for your machine. Can u post a pic of the whole playfield to see how those blades look like on machine. Been thinking about getting some for mine. Thanks

#446 6 years ago

On your machine it has 4 blades on the pic below only has 3?

#447 6 years ago

The bottom blade is the metal flipper

#448 6 years ago

I got these from Tiltgraphicsinc.com

20180220_190724 (resized).jpg20180220_190724 (resized).jpg

20180220_190738 (resized).jpg20180220_190738 (resized).jpg

20180220_190622 (resized).jpg20180220_190622 (resized).jpg

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The bottom blade is the metal flipper

So the metal flipper comes on glove too? Cause the one I have on mine is all 4 plastic

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#450 6 years ago

Are you sure the bottom one is plastic? It should not be

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,400 (OBO)
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.