IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
#201 7 years ago

Sorry toyotaboy , hung up in Fort macmurry ... Will be returning home late tomorrow !
Will recheck dimensions then and repost ....

#202 7 years ago

Attached is the remeasure , yes there were a couple of errors ...
Almost dropped it when transporting... If you take my Pinside ID and put on a .ca you have my email address !
I can scan it and email you!
Good luck

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#203 7 years ago

Looks awesome Transprtr! Thanks for getting the measurements to Toyotaboy

#204 7 years ago

Further to my post on the previous page. I replaced the LEDs with regular globes, put Freddy's head back on and everything is working.....but, when Freddy talks, his mouth kind of chatters rather than opens. The balls will also spit out of his mouth, but they get stuck a lot of the time and have to be spat out again.

I lifted the playfield and noticed a transistor on a coil has the wire broken and it's sticking out in the air. From memory it's the mouth upkicker coil, not the jaw.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Looks awesome Transprtr! Thanks for getting the measurements to Toyotaboy

Looks like he's on the right track , PM'd him to offer further assistance , if required ... Let's all support him in his endeavour !

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Further to my post on the previous page. I replaced the LEDs with regular globes, put Freddy's head back on and everything is working.....but, when Freddy talks, his mouth kind of chatters rather than opens. The balls will also spit out of his mouth, but they get stuck a lot of the time and have to be spat out again.
I lifted the playfield and noticed a transistor on a coil has the wire broken and it's sticking out in the air. From memory it's the mouth upkicker coil, not the jaw.

That's good. I just know that the two sockets can't touch inside Freddy's head. If they do, it will shortout and cause the lights to not work.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

That's good. I just know that the two sockets can't touch inside Freddy's head. If they do, it will shortout and cause the lights to not work.

Or you could be me, and have them short permanently on sending coil voltage to it constantly on, and realize a minute later after the LED melts and it starts to smoke what you did.

#208 7 years ago

nothing is guaranteed until I see how it prints (may have to seperate the ladder as a second printed item like the knob), but here's a rendering:

freddy_boiler_room_3d_print_(resized).jpgfreddy_boiler_room_3d_print_(resized).jpg

Freddy-06_(resized).JPGFreddy-06_(resized).JPG

#209 7 years ago

Wow quick worker ...didn't check what games you have , Is nightmare one of them? Looks great nice improvement...

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

didn't check what games you have , Is nightmare one of them? Looks great nice

Had a freddy for a few months.. gameplay didn't grab me and I had another game coming in.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club?tu=toyotaboy#op

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

That's good. I just know that the two sockets can't touch inside Freddy's head.

I went overboard , using 2 Comet 44 SMD... No issues but boy are they bright!

#212 7 years ago

After the 44SMD in Freddie's head, decided to light up the house with red LED strip

#213 7 years ago

The red looks good inside the house. I think the back part needs a lighting strip. Haven't gotten around to doing that yet but I believe it would help to make things a little brighter for sure.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

nothing is guaranteed until I see how it prints (may have to seperate the ladder as a second printed item like the knob), but here's a rendering:

Looks good so far! Looking forward to the outcome.

#215 7 years ago

Added light to a very dark corner!

#216 7 years ago

Left rear behind Freddie's head lit up ....

#217 7 years ago

Pretty cool, how did you do it?

#218 7 years ago

My Freddy Nightmare continues....

Mosfet Q13 had died. Replaced it last night. Fixed that problem.

Soldered diode onto the head upkicker coil....now the coil won't fire and in test mode, it fires the coil for Freddy's jaw. I double checked with my own game and the diode is around the right way.

Does anyone have a lead for me on this one?

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pretty cool, how did you do it?

4inch warm white LED from Comet ...plastic cover to block the light from your eyes while playing

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

My Freddy Nightmare continues....
Mosfet Q13 had died. Replaced it last night. Fixed that problem.
Soldered diode onto the head upkicker coil....now the coil won't fire and in test mode, it fires the coil for Freddy's jaw. I double checked with my own game and the diode is around the right way.
Does anyone have a lead for me on this one?

Edit: found my manual finally. Q13 is the Freddy head upkicker mosfet. Will have to look at that again.

Edit 2: ended up swapping out my own board into Freddy.

Went into test mode. Everything was working until I checked top left upkicker a second time and it wouldn't work. I turned the machine off and once again, the fuse had blown. This has only started happening and I don't know why.

To do list: fix mosfet Q13 and figure out why the top left upkicker fuse keeps blowing.

#221 7 years ago

The lighting looks really good. Nicely done. It's on my to do list. Hope to knock it out soon. I think it's a must when playing in the dark.

#222 7 years ago

Added new spot lamp to light up Freddie !

#223 7 years ago
#224 7 years ago

Hey guys. Just got my Freddy. I don't have lights working in Freddy, boiler, or house. What should I check. Put new bulbs in. Went through solenoid check and did not get anything. The red and amber strobes were burnt out and I replaced them. They work, just not the others... Appreciate the help.

#225 7 years ago

Any progress on the boiler plastic Toyota?

#226 7 years ago

Rest of your flashers working?

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Any progress on the boiler plastic Toyota?

The boiler itself is a 7 hour print job. I have customer jobs going overnight currently but could get one printed over the weekend.
I did print a valve

20160630_202027-1_(resized).jpg20160630_202027-1_(resized).jpg

#228 7 years ago

That looks awesome! Eagered to see the results.

#229 7 years ago

All my flashers are burnt out. I read that this was common on Gottlieb System 3 games as they would be going in attract mode. Once board is back from being repaired I can install new ones and test again.

#230 7 years ago

Yes. Other flashers work. When it goes into solenoid test, all 67s are out besides the two playfield strobes.

#231 7 years ago

Have you checked the basics such as all your fuses?

#232 7 years ago

ran out of white material for another job so I had time to print a boiler out of clear. Came out very clean, was tough to remove from the plate this morning. Since transprtr4u provided all the measurements he gets the first sample. I'm going to paint it this weekend, it will look opaque unlit, but when the flasher goes off it'll glow nicely. If there are any geometry changes anyone think it needs speak up now.

freddy_boiler_clear_(resized).jpgfreddy_boiler_clear_(resized).jpg

#233 7 years ago

Wow, that boiler looks AWESOME!!! Love the creativity that this hobby brings.

Update on my Freddy project. Getting a tech to go over the main board and replace problematic mosfets. Put my working Freddy board into the game and Freddy's head/top left upkicker fuse blew immediately. I discovered the coil for Freddy's head upkicker was bad and replaced it with a brand new coil. Thought my problems were solved. Turned the machine on and zap.....fuse blew again. As soon as game turns on, the fuse blows. Any suggestions on this one? I'm at a loss at the moment.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

ran out of white material for another job so I had time to print a boiler out of clear. Came out very clean, was tough to remove from the plate this morning. Since transprtr4u provided all the measurements he gets the first sample. I'm going to paint it this weekend, it will look opaque unlit, but when the flasher goes off it'll glow nicely. If there are any geometry changes anyone think it needs speak up now.

#236 7 years ago

Great work toyotaboy! Remarkable job to take a frail plastic piece and impove it so dramatically!
Impressive!
Koodo's

#237 7 years ago

Looks great Toyota! Looking forward to the final outcome and Transport confirming it in their machine. Obviously you already know but put me down for one!

#238 7 years ago

painted.. unlit and lit

20160702_144951_(resized).jpg20160702_144951_(resized).jpg
20160702_145057_(resized).jpg20160702_145057_(resized).jpg

#239 7 years ago

Again....

#240 7 years ago

How much are you going to charge for these Joe? Great work!!! I'm going to need one for my Freddy!

#241 7 years ago

Looks awesome. Good job on this! Can't wait to see what it looks like in a machine.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

How much are you going to charge for these Joe? Great work!!! I'm going to need one for my Freddy!

I'm figuring between $40-$50 painted. Want to confirm fit before I build more.

#243 7 years ago

Now if we could get a better Freddy Head made. I read somewhere on here a while back that someone was planning on making one. Not sure what happened with that. I would like to have one more to Robert Englunds likeness.

#244 7 years ago

Just curious to see if Transport has this in his hands now? Eager to see if it fits and how it looks.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Just curious to see if Transport has this in his hands now? Eager to see if it fits and how it looks

just shipped today.. might be a little while to get to canada

#246 7 years ago

My Freddy Nightmare update:

Board repaired. Fried mosfet replaced. Wires on coil were soldered on incorrectly, so I re-soldered them, also replaced diode on coil and then put repaired board back in machine. Turned game back on and all working perfectly. Fuse no longer blows. Success!

#247 7 years ago

Hey guys. Got all flashers working except in Freddy's head. Replaced the bulbs and wrapped with black tape. What areas do I look at to see if there is a blown or broken part keeping him from lighting up?

#248 7 years ago

Ugh, other issues...

Wondering if you could give me some help...

Three issues. 1) Flashers in head not working. I put in new bulbs and wrapped sockets with tape. All other flashers working. 2) Multiball kicker isn't firing sometimes. I sometimes get two balls in the chute. I noticed the plunger wasn't allowing the ball to get down far enough to activate switch. Fixed that. Now it works sometimes as opposed to never. 3) Sometimes some target is staying on. I cannot figure out which one. Score racks up with nothing going on. But it doesn't do it all of the time.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Just curious to see if Transport has this in his hands now? Eager to see if it fits and how it looks.

I imagine there might be a test fit tonight?

#250 7 years ago

Awesome...that's great news. That didn't take too long then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.