IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.
#151 8 years ago

The glove just knocks ball off ramp correct ? Shopping pin for a friend and can't see what else claw can do

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The previous owner of my game modded the glove with wood and they've held up perfectly over the last year. The glove to captive ball shot works fairly well for me and is rewarding when it connects, but otherwise it isn't incredibly useful. There are many ways different code could improve the game.

Curious as to what ideas you have to improve this game?

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The glove just knocks ball off ramp correct ? Shopping pin for a friend and can't see what else claw can do

That's pretty much it. Like one of the other posters said, it can sometimes hit the captive ball. Other than that, it's just for looks. As for the size screws to use for the shorter Freddy repro glove, just go to a local hardware store and make sure the screw isn't longer than the glove. I know that's a duh answer but I just grab some unused screws around the house.

#154 8 years ago

Thx. I used to 3/4 pinball screws and its snug.

#155 8 years ago

The glove flipper itself is only activated when the associated Glove Flipper light is lit, and then you're supposed to use it to hit the captive ball in the upper right, and immediately use the upper flipper to then hit the ball up and around behind Freddy's head into the upkicker to send it back to the right inlane. This completes the "Combo Jackpot" which is required to eventually progress to Dream Warriors mode.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Like one of the other posters said, it can sometimes hit the captive ball.

It awards a jackpot for doing so, so not just a normal captive ball hit.

Quoted from Nightmare:

Curious as to what ideas you have to improve this game?

The layout isn't terrible and the toys are good, so I think it has potential (as noted below, this is in reference to it as a home use game). The main issue I have is that the game progress is too linear, and perhaps too much focus on the boiler shot. Modes/Nightmares don't have enough individuality. It would have been nice if there was an Addams-like selection system, and better use of (better reward from) the soul chest and drop targets (make them more necessary). Even focusing 100% on the chest for a mode to "kill" Freddy with no boiler shot, etc. would have been an interesting change compared to what exists, or a system/mode that allowed a tunnel search or drop target completion to collect items (weapon/3D glasses/health[use of the awake meter?]) to prepare for Freddy modes (Champion Pub-like?). As it is, it feels just like the inserts suggest...1,2,3,4... Hard to get the "one more game" feel from it after going through the game a few times in sequence. I'm also not a fan of the give away multiball system (particularly right at the start). Kruegerrands could disappear and I wouldn't miss them, so that may be my opinion, or they could use work.

If I had any expectation that someone would do a code update, perhaps I'd have more reason to suggest improvements, but as it stands, it's easier to note the issues it has for long term ownership, which it wasn't really designed for. The linear modes and simplicity actually work well for a route game. A new player can easily track their progress and have a reasonable chance at "beating" the game without spending too much time/money on it. It can be exciting to try to get to the Final Nightmare for the first time.

#157 8 years ago

I still haven't figured out the Kruegerand collections and what the point of trading them in for items does. The drop targets giving you one or more "power ups" prior to entering the next nightmare is pretty cool, but not really deep enough and doesn't really change the mode too much. (Alarm, Extra Power, etc...)

This game really has a lot of potential with enhanced code, but doesn't have a big enough following to get a Freddy 2.0 project off the ground. Although if I ever felt motivated enough to mess with a p-roc I think Freddy would be a good pin to try it on.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

The glove flipper itself is only activated when the associated Glove Flipper light is lit, and then you're supposed to use it to hit the captive ball in the upper right, and immediately use the upper flipper to then hit the ball up and around behind Freddy's head into the upkicker to send it back to the right inlane. This completes the "Combo Jackpot" which is required to eventually progress to Dream Warriors mode.

Again I know nothing about this pin...The claw flipper is activated by hitting the bottom of the 2 right flipper buttons? Thx

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Again I know nothing about this pin...The claw flipper is activated by hitting the bottom of the 2 right flipper buttons? Thx

Yes, after you spell out "claw" by hitting soul targets.

#160 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing your opinion on how to make the game better. I agree with everything that you have mentioned in your prior post. I think it would be ideal to make the tv shot target do more than it does. Maybe that has to be accomplished to advanced past Nightmare three. In later modes, maybe that shot has to be activated for extra ball etc.

I would love for someone who has programming skills to improve this game.

#161 8 years ago

There's also a lot of targets in the game that would be cool to use like the greed mode in TZ

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

That said, my wife and I are at the hospital for at least the next week, staying with our brand new baby daughter while she's in the NICU.
Thanks for your patience

Congrats!! And hope all is well with your daughter.

#163 8 years ago

Thanks for the tip about the glove flipper and combo jackpot! I was able to use it last night for that!

#164 8 years ago

I found this on ebay and bought because I'm an overexcited n00b.

freddykey_(resized).jpgfreddykey_(resized).jpg

#165 8 years ago

I have a HUO Freddy for sale if anyone is interested. It's super clean and plays 100%. Looking to get $2,800 I would do some trading also. Leet me know

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#166 8 years ago

worst. i hated the reboot so much. it was like they thought the original was TOO SUBTLE or something.

#167 8 years ago

Aciidentally touched one of the killswitches in my freddy, now i cant get it to start without keeping it depressed (wasent necessary before), how the hell do these work??

ED: the killswitch can be pulled out and it will stay on, sneaky sneaky!

Also... Where is the credit switch on these machines?

1 week later
#168 8 years ago

Updated Krueger "shrine"

20160319_115404_(resized).jpg20160319_115404_(resized).jpg

20160319_115344_(resized).jpg20160319_115344_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#169 8 years ago

I LED my freddy. One strange thing is the tv doesnt not like a color changer there. Even one from cointaker. Mostly stays one color.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I LED my freddy. One strange thing is the tv doesnt not like a color changer there. Even one from cointaker. Mostly stays one color.

Someone once told me that Gottliebs were hard to accept leds.... Which types should I use?

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Someone once told me that Gottliebs were hard to accept leds.... Which types should I use?

what i did with mine so they work is use one incandesent bulb in each light board seams to do the trick!

3 weeks later
#172 7 years ago

Just picked up a Freddie, the games condition overall is very good with the exception of missing purple paint just above the flippers!
Couple of questions?
1) what would be the color match for the purple?
2) when I replace the claw , have the bracket issues been resolved? Is the repro less prone to breakage?
Thanks in advance!

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think about it for an inside-art?

While not as cool as the art posted by Amendex, has anyone thought of using the Pingraphix AC/DC pinblade decals (http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/9c0c61db-74a9-e459-0bc0-fa7b72a7a800)?

I was thinking about ordering a set, I have some questions about the fit for a System 3 compared with the Stern that they are made for, but from a visual perspective, what do you folks think?

#174 7 years ago

Little help please ! Where does this part belong ?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Little help please ! Where does this part belong ?

on the targets under freddy's head

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

on the targets under freddy's head

Right here

1 week later
#177 7 years ago

Does anybody know the colour number of the paints for Freddie?
Specifically the purple, after removing the Mylar today I wish to repainted the purple above the flippers!

#178 7 years ago

I have the "Lost Souls" rubber on my Freddy, but when I put it on, it become so f***ing hard to hit/trigger the targets below Freddy's head that I prefer to leave them without this rubber cover.... So I was wondering.... Is it just me or someone else also goes through this same situation?

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I have the "Lost Souls" rubber on my Freddy, but when I put it on, it become so f***ing hard to hit/trigger the targets below Freddy's head that I prefer to leave them without this rubber cover.... So I was wondering.... Is it just me or someone else also goes through this same situation?

when I owned it, it didn't have it. and after buying one and putting it on, I realize why it didn't. It's not a very snug fit, and feels goofy shooting at it.

#180 7 years ago

Are you sure you're putting it on correctly? If you put it on incorrectly it will cause problems but it shouldn't hinder shots if placed correctly. The mold goes over the entire target bank. Some will place it over a part of the target back and report problems.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Are you sure you're putting it on correctly? If you put it on incorrectly it will cause problems but it shouldn't hinder shots if placed correctly. The mold goes over the entire target bank. Some will place it over a part of the target back and report problems.

Yeah, damned sure...., but I just took another look at mine, and the material is very worn and rubbish.... maybe I should get a new one and give it another try.....

#182 7 years ago

Info please is the Nightmare Playfield a vinyl decal or are they silkscreen paint?

#183 7 years ago

Does anyone have an extra boiler room plastic that's not broken and would like to sell?

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

extra boiler room plastic that's not

I'm in the same boat , however they can be made with a 3D printer... If I go forward with sending mine out to be scanned I will let you know!

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm in the same boat , however they can be made with a 3D printer... If I go forward with sending mine out to be scanned I will let you know!

There's not a whole lot to that geometry. I could model that up in no time if someone gave me dimensions (I don't own freddy anymore, had I known this was a commonly broken piece I would have before I sold it)

#186 7 years ago

Can anyone get the dimension for Toyota? I'm actually away from my machine for the next few days and can't this for you. I imagine you would have a lot of owners interested if you did this.

#187 7 years ago

Sent PM to Toyota, my boiler is out of my game , however going to out of town for a couple of days ! Please post if someone can get the dimensions to him sooner! If not he will have them over the weekend!
I'm down for a repro!

1 week later
#188 7 years ago

Is there anyone willing to send Toyota their plastic boiler that's flawless? He could get a good 3D scan and it would help the community. I would ship mine but it's broke in the front.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

He could get a good 3D scan

I wouldn't be scanning it, I'd take measurements with a caliper and model it from scratch. How cracked is yours?

#190 7 years ago

Mines not flawless, however sending it from Canada for me would be ridiculous! Probably would not survive the horrors of our postal system ! If is not made available I can do my best to measure or trace it out!
I agree I would take a new repro!

#191 7 years ago

Transprtr4u is better than mine! My whole front is gone and has duck tape to make up for it.

#192 7 years ago

Bumping:

Just seeing if anyone has a complete boiler room plastic not broken that can measure it for Toyotaboy.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Mines not flawless, however sending it from Canada for me would be ridiculous! Probably would not survive the horrors of our postal system ! If is not made available I can do my best to measure or trace it out!
I agree I would take a new repro!

I don't care about a crack. Even if you just take a good top down, and front shot (with a tape measure next to it for scale), and then maybe a good angled ISO shot that should be all I need to model it.

#194 7 years ago

Will complete it for you tomorrow !

#195 7 years ago

My wife bought me some pinblades for fathers day.

1466370695843-172821930_(resized).jpg1466370695843-172821930_(resized).jpg

1466370787576-906729066_(resized).jpg1466370787576-906729066_(resized).jpg

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My wife bought me some pinblades for fathers day.

#197 7 years ago

Attached are the photos of the boiler ... Best of luck toyotaboy!
Almost finished my restore , so should you need any more info do not hesitate to PM me !
Regards
Looking forward to the repro

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Attached are the photos of the boiler ... Best of luck toyotaboy!
Almost finished my restore , so should you need any more info do not hesitate to PM me !
Regards
Looking forward to the repro

Thanks for the dimensions. Need some clarification:
1. I assume the 1-7/8 dimension is actually 7/8?
2. You show 4-1/2 for the width of main body, then 5" for the width with ears, but each ear is 1/2".. something doesn't add up with that math?

I have a model started. Going to see if I can't add separate wheels and ladders that stick out

boiler_start2_(resized).jpgboiler_start2_(resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Thanks for the dimensions. Need some clarification:

Too much Fathers Day cheer ... Will recheck for you tomorrow ... The model looks great ... Perhaps a piece of metal at the bottom to avoid the ball being kicked up ... This is something I was going to attempt to prevent further damage on mine!
Regards
Rob

#200 7 years ago

Hi all,
I have my own Freddy and another owner in town has contacted me to do some repair work. Have it over in my workshop and tonight I discovered that Freddy's eyes don't flash.

Checked the mosfet. All good. Removed Freddy's head and one flasher was blown and the other had smashed glass. I replaced the two flashers with led flashers and turned the game on. They both flashed. I turned the game off, put Freddy's head on without screwing it on, turned game on and the led flashers stayed on and Freddy's jaw kept going up and down and then smoke started coming from underneath the playfield. I quickly turned the game off. Removed Freddy's head and turned the machine on again to go into test mode. At this point, the flashers stayed on, tested Freddy's jaw and it went up and down. No smoke this time. Turned machine off and the leds stay lit for a while even with the game off. Removed all leds at this point.

Does anyone know if this is a led issue, or a deeper problem?

Thanks,
Adam.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.