IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
freddy (resized).jpg
TV4 (resized).jpg
remote2 (resized).jpg
remote (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Here's the first raw resin pull from the mold. It's just the cleaning pull to remove dust and particles from the fresh mold, but actually came out pretty clean. Actual castings would be trimmed and painted of course. I'm also thinking about using custom glass eyes rather than just painted resin. That way the flashers inside would actually light up the eyes better than the original with those red plastic tubes.
The new sculpt isn't anywhere close to ready to show pics, but I'll keep people updated as I progress. It just hasn't been a priority lately, but if enough people are interested that always helps with motivation. I've recently been playing this pin a bit more and getting a little more excited about some mods.
My boiler room plastic has been broken since I bought it, and I just bought one on Ebay last night (ridiculously expensive, but they're impossible to find.) I think I will be working on replicating that plastic and the Freddy house plastic as well -- hand sculpted, molded, resin cast, and painted so they can drop right in -- but with more depth and detail. 3D printing is another option, but I think the hand sculpted nature might fit the theme better and feel more authentic to the practical effects of the movies.

FreddyPinballReplicaHead_(resized).jpg

#102 8 years ago

anyone have an issue with the new claw not lining up with metal bracket. The claw base is too short for the 2nd hole on the bracket. Anyone else have this issue? Claw bought from Marco. He said they get them from Pin Resource.

#103 8 years ago

Looks good! Steve is super easy to deal with. I'm sending another batch of gloves to him tomorrow

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone have an issue with the new claw not lining up with metal bracket. The claw base is too short for the 2nd hole on the bracket. Anyone else have this issue? Claw bought from Marco. He said they get them from Pin Resource.

I'm currently sending out a replacement to fix this. PM me your address and I'll get one to you as well

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Looks good! Steve is super easy to deal with. I'm sending another batch of gloves to him tomorrow

Steve from Marco is a really super nice guy.....

Brock, I haven't try to install my glove yet, but did you get the msg I sent you earlier today regarding the TZ shooter?

1 week later
#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I can honestly say that mine doesn't say get the extra ball during the 2nd Nightmare. Are you using tournament mode?

I have it set for Free play. I think that's tournament Mode. Maybe it's something to do with those settings.

#108 8 years ago

what are the correct flipper rubbers for freddy? Shopping for a friend and the ones he supplied are gottlieb but they have an extra rubber edging as if flippers were grooved

#109 8 years ago

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the Smart Switches that are used for the circular targets on the playfield (Add A Ball, Coffee, Hurry Up Target)? From what I understand they operate based on the flexing of the metal. I find that I have to hit certain targets (in my case the Add-A-Ball and Hurry Up target) with a lot of moxie in order for them to register -- to the point that I feel I would like them to register a bit more easily. Anyone played with these before?

Thanks!

#110 8 years ago

What do you guys think about it for an inside-art?

32e5f1_cf294c8de5ef4f9682cf89ea1e83045c_(resized).jpg32e5f1_cf294c8de5ef4f9682cf89ea1e83045c_(resized).jpg

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

32e5f1_cf294c8de5ef4f9682cf89ea1e83045c_(resized).jpg

That looks awesome!!! Count me in on a set if you produce them

#112 8 years ago

Actually, a friend of mine is making these.... I'm thinking about ordering one for me, but I guess it's coming quite costly (about US$ 150.00 + shipping)!

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the Smart Switches that are used for the circular targets on the playfield (Add A Ball, Coffee, Hurry Up Target)? From what I understand they operate based on the flexing of the metal. I find that I have to hit certain targets (in my case the Add-A-Ball and Hurry Up target) with a lot of moxie in order for them to register -- to the point that I feel I would like them to register a bit more easily. Anyone played with these before?
Thanks!

Haven't you tried to bend'em a little?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what are the correct flipper rubbers for freddy? Shopping for a friend and the ones he supplied are gottlieb but they have an extra rubber edging as if flippers were grooved

Guess I use standard rubbers.... Nothing different as far as I'm concerned....

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guess I use standard rubbers.... Nothing different as far as I'm concerned....

thanks amendes on marco site they sell a groove bat and a flipper rubber with a lip that seats inside the bat...My friend game me these grooved flipper rubbers but they wont work with regular bats

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-13149

looks like this is the correct bat but ill just use regular

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11241

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Haven't you tried to bend'em a little?

No. Given that they operate on a different mechanism than a standard leaf switch based target (piezo-electric effect); I've read they cannot be adjusted. Just looking to see if anyone can corroborate this.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

No. Given that they operate on a different mechanism than a standard leaf switch based target (piezo-electric effect); I've read they cannot be adjusted. Just looking to see if anyone can corroborate this.

OK, I didn't know that!

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Looks like he put in some effort to produce those. They look pretty good, but in all honesty I think they might not be the perfect match for the rest of the art on the table given that they look like photos and the rest of the table is 'cartoony'. That's just my opinion though and they're certainly better than the ones I made.

#119 8 years ago

I like the design for the art blades - or whatever they're called if not mirrored.

For that price, are they mounted on rigid material like a standard mirrored pinblade, or are they just vinyl stickers to apply to the wood? I would definitely be interested in something like this. I'm ok with it being photography, but would be awesome to make a version that looks closer to the hand drawn comic style of the playfield art.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

I like the design for the art blades - or whatever they're called if not mirrored.
For that price, are they mounted on rigid material like a standard mirrored pinblade, or are they just vinyl stickers to apply to the wood? I would definitely be interested in something like this. I'm ok with it being photography, but would be awesome to make a version that looks closer to the hand drawn comic style of the playfield art.

Vinyl stickers!

#121 8 years ago

Damned be those f***ing birds.

20160201_191442_(resized).jpg20160201_191442_(resized).jpg

#122 8 years ago

Just moved my Freddy to my downstairs game room and now she won't boot up fully. I turn it on and don't get the chime for the EPROM CRC check and nothing on the DMD, on the G.I. lights turn on. Looking inside the head unit I'm not seeing the LED on the upper left board turn on. I think this is the Aux Sound Board, correct? I'm wondering if maybe a fuse got jostled around in the move. I reseated all the connectors multiple times to no avail. Anybody got ideas?

1 week later
#123 8 years ago

I just picked a Freddy. Does Freddy's eyes come with lights stock, or is that a mod? My Greddy head does not seem to have lights.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Does Freddy's eyes come with lights stock, or is that a mod? My Greddy head does not seem to have lights.

There should be 2 flashers in the back, many add extra sockets to light up the mouth

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I just picked a Freddy. Does Freddy's eyes come with lights stock, or is that a mod? My Greddy head does not seem to have lights.

Replace transitor that drive the lights. Remove the head and insulate the two Bayanet sockets so the don't touch and short out again GL .

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Replace transitor that drive the lights. Remove the head and insulate the two Bayanet sockets so the don't touch and short out again GL .

yea I did this once while fooling with the freddy head. I was LED'ing the rest of the playfield with the machine on, and after about a minute I start seeing smoke. I quickly turn off the machine and I'm like "WTF?! I didn't pinch anything!". turns out it shorted the flasher on, melted the wiring on the LED bulb. Always make sure the freddy head isn't glowing brightly solid when you turn on the game.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I will give this a shot. Thanks!!

#128 8 years ago

Anyone make much use of the TV for scoring? I never actively shoot for it. Seems like a tough shot for one and there's always a chance to get a rebound into the left out lane -- which eats a lot of balls as it is.

#129 8 years ago

Curious to see if anyone received their replacement glove from Pinball_Customs?

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

re-blade your original its easy to do! and looks better!

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I got mine.... what happened?

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got mine.... what happened?

Don't know. I was told by Brock that it was going to be shipped and I've never heard anything else from him. So I was just curious if others had received their's or not. Thanks for letting me know Amendes.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thankfully, one of the bulbs was out. When one bulb goes, they both turn off.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Thankfully, one of the bulbs was out. When one bulb goes, they both turn off.

i would still insulate the bayonet sockets so they don't short on you! glad it was an easy fix. gotta love that!

#135 8 years ago

Hello,
i own a freddy also since 8 years now, but i am restoring it in these days. I hope i can finish it in one or two weeks.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Love it! LMK if you are producing them...

#137 8 years ago

LED QUESTION: I want to LED my Freddy. I heard that some lEDs do not work or are not recommended for Gottlieb machines. What do you suggest? Also, some feed back... I was thinking of making the GI lighting red LEDs. Thoughts?

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Boy does freddy brighten up with full LED (the dark playfield needs it). Really pops now. I used pinball life ghostbusters for all the controlled lighting, and titan colored bulbs (red in back, purple in front) for the GI. I still have a couple to swap out to color (ran out of colored bulbs, more are coming tomorrow). There's one clear insert in the upper right that needs a toned down colored bulb badly, it's like a flasher when it's in that mode. Anyway, here's a short video:
» YouTube video

This looks nice. Any feedback regarding LED'ing my Freddy is appreciated.

1 week later
#139 8 years ago

Anyone help me identify correct screws to attach claw back to bracket. Can't seem to locate screws

Thx

#140 8 years ago

Joined the club...nice example that used to be Pinsider Freddy's.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#141 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#142 8 years ago

Hey gang -- currently working with Steve at PBR on a problem with the length of the glove itself before I send out any more replacements. That said, my wife and I are at the hospital for at least the next week, staying with our brand new baby daughter while she's in the NICU.

Thanks for your patience

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey gang -- currently working with Steve at PBR on a problem with the length of the glove itself before I send out any more replacements. That said, my wife and I are at the hospital for at least the next week, staying with our brand new baby daughter while she's in the NICU.
Thanks for your patience

Congrats man, and the best of luck!

#144 8 years ago

I just joined this club on Friday - picked up Freddy which is also my first pin. The previous owner installed a repro glove flipper, and already two of the knives broke off during game play. Anyone else have this problem with the repros?

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from notstatler:

I just joined this club on Friday - picked up Freddy which is also my first pin. The previous owner installed a repro glove flipper, and already two of the knives broke off during game play. Anyone else have this problem with the repros?

if you need help i can help fix your claw with blades that will not break!

#146 8 years ago

When play testing I rarely get claw to move. Must have to get certain lites lit. Did not seem to be used that much.

#147 8 years ago

The glove flipper is not particularly useful, but I've activated it several times during multiball, so it ends up unintentionally hitting pins. So far the two middle knives broke off. I literally got this thing home and running at 10:30 pm Friday!

How can I fix them so they don't break? I saw a post on another pin site/thread where a guy recreated the knives out of wood and cut notches into the glove to slide the new knives into. I suppose I could do that. I was kind of thinking of just gluing them back on and disabling the flipper all together since you can't really make a useful shot with it.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from notstatler:

The glove flipper is not particularly useful, but I've activated it several times during multiball, so it ends up unintentionally hitting pins. So far the two middle knives broke off. I literally got this thing home and running at 10:30 pm Friday!
How can I fix them so they don't break? I saw a post on another pin site/thread where a guy recreated the knives out of wood and cut notches into the glove to slide the new knives into. I suppose I could do that. I was kind of thinking of just gluing them back on and disabling the flipper all together since you can't really make a useful shot with it.

The previous owner of my game modded the glove with wood and they've held up perfectly over the last year. The glove to captive ball shot works fairly well for me and is rewarding when it connects, but otherwise it isn't incredibly useful. There are many ways different code could improve the game.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

if you need help i can help fix your claw with blades that will not break!

I'm interested in hearing how to do this.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm interested in hearing how to do this.

if you are local . i will help you fix yours too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.