IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.
#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Where do I find the Lost Souls faces rubber that goes under Freddy's head? I need it and other decals etc.

Pinball Resources

#653 3 years ago

thanks I put in an order @ Marco. Unfortunately the translite is sold out. Anyone have a NOS or a decent used one for sale? Not too keen on the alternate Translites. Hell even a Repro would do.

2 weeks later
#654 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings Everyone,
This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.
An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.
Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.
Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

email sent

#656 3 years ago

Noice now we need a color dmd although the red is just perfect for horror.

#657 3 years ago

I have a shaker in BSD so Freddy might be next!

3 weeks later
#658 3 years ago

OK guys, what do you think about a No Fear trade for FK nightmare on Elm street?

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

OK guys, what do you think about a No Fear trade for FK nightmare on Elm street?

IMO No Fear is a much better game and more valuable. Be patient and find a cheap beater NMOES. Buy it, scratch the itch, sell, don't look back. Probably not the popular opinion in this thread, but aside from the theme the game really isn't very good. Flame suit on!

3 weeks later
#660 3 years ago

I'm just finishing working out a few issues with Freddy I just picked up.

The claw flipper works but it works when it's activated and the left flipper button is pressed. It is my understanding that the second flipper button on the right of the machine is for the claw flipper. No hacks found...

What is the correct operation for the claw flipper?
What is the purpose of the second right flipper button?

#661 3 years ago

The second flipper button is for when you spell out "claw" it activates the blades between the flippers to save the ball from draining.
The regular left flipper button is what you use for the glove flipper, but it needs to be activated. It's not usable at all times.
I cant recall how you activate it though. Sorry

#662 3 years ago

It's been a while since I have been in this club so can someone please remind me if there was ever was an update version of code for this machine?

TIA

#663 3 years ago

I am glad I asked. I would have been trying to activate it the wrong way and think the think was hacked to move the glove with the wrong button.
It's fully up and running now!

Quoted from finnflash:

The second flipper button is for when you spell out "claw" it activates the blades between the flippers to save the ball from draining.
The regular left flipper button is what you use for the glove flipper, but it needs to be activated. It's not usable at all times.
I cant recall how you activate it though. Sorry

#664 3 years ago

Went from Pic1 to Pic2 after replacing the System 3 control board (bad U11and caps 20/21) to a new board with NVRAM.

Already know I have a bad T relay (tilt) someone messed with it (tilt bob missing too). Can that be related to the switch short return message? Or should I be checking something else?

Screenshot_20200914-175321 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200914-175321 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200914-175337 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200914-175337 (resized).png
#665 3 years ago

So Jets2860 ordered a boiler.. I made some adjustments so there shouldn't be any tweaking needed for future orders (it was a little long and didn't have that angled cut from the original)
boiler1 (resized).pngboiler1 (resized).pngboiler2 (resized).pngboiler2 (resized).png

He's also having me model up a replacement house to go over the shooter lane. This is a rough model, and I intend to dirty it up, border up the windows, add some ivy around the poles.
freddy-house (resized).pngfreddy-house (resized).png

#666 3 years ago

I will be in for the house! Finally someone is tackling this. Please PM when it’s ready to be purchased.

#667 3 years ago

Anybody ever use this service or know of anything similar? I'm considering buying a machine with a broken claw but I fear I'm not handy enough to fashion new blades myself haha.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 1.42.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-26 at 1.42.09 AM (resized).png
#668 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Anybody ever use this service or know of anything similar? I'm considering buying a machine with a broken claw but I fear I'm not handy enough to fashion new blades myself haha.
[quoted image]

Just get ahold of mrsyfy he makes repro gloves...

2 weeks later
#669 3 years ago

Come on piggy’s Where’s all my Freddy mod people at so easy to deck one out this time of year!’here’s a custom topper I’m working on Right now

ACFDC8C0-9980-4637-9DD0-AED638C8EF01 (resized).jpegACFDC8C0-9980-4637-9DD0-AED638C8EF01 (resized).jpeg
#670 3 years ago

Shooter rod end

00FD5F41-1527-44B5-ADE8-A276CBE01F42 (resized).jpeg00FD5F41-1527-44B5-ADE8-A276CBE01F42 (resized).jpeg
#671 3 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Come on piggy’s Where’s all my Freddy mod people at so easy to deck one out this time of year!’here’s a custom topper I’m working on Right now
[quoted image]

Great idea!!

2 weeks later
#672 3 years ago

Hi guys... was just curious... what hardware do I need to attach the glove to the claw? I just got mine and have no idea what I need... any help would be greatly appreciated!! And how do I join the group.. this is our first pinball machine

1 week later
#673 3 years ago

Just picked up a Freddy recently and I have a question. Been playing it and sometimes it will show billion on the dmd. When it goes back to my score it will be around 2.7 Billion. I'll usually be around nightmare 3 is there something that scores this many points for one shot or is my game experiencing and issue thanks.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just picked up a Freddy recently and I have a question. Been playing it and sometimes it will show billion on the dmd. When it goes back to my score it will be around 2.7 Billion. I'll usually be around nightmare 3 is there something that scores this many points for one shot or is my game experiencing and issue thanks.

I want to try a factory reset. I'm not very familiar with Gottlieb's so I'm not sure how to reach the factory reset.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I want to try a factory reset. I'm not very familiar with Gottlieb's so I'm not sure how to reach the factory reset.

I read that there is a push button switch on the MPU for a factory reset for Gottlieb system 3.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I read that there is a push button switch on the MPU for a factory reset for Gottlieb system 3.

Thank you Factory reset fixed it

3 weeks later
#677 3 years ago

I went with a darker look on my house mod (to go with the overall look of the pin). Fantastic job by Toyotaboy! He worked hard on this one with me to go with the darker boiler mod he did. He also did a whiter house which I agree is more true to the movie.

20201205_150740 (resized).jpg20201205_150740 (resized).jpg20201205_150754 (resized).jpg20201205_150754 (resized).jpg
#678 3 years ago

What a massive improvement over the stocked house. Nice work customizing the house Jet. Great design ToyotaBoy! The house and the boiler is a major upgrade for this game.

1 month later
#679 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm trying to restore my Freddy pinball machine, lots of parts missing, anyone got a spare of the translite or any idea how to make one? Thanks.

Gustavo

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
I'm trying to restore my Freddy pinball machine, lots of parts missing, anyone got a spare of the translite or any idea how to make one? Thanks.
Gustavo

https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/freddy-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-pinball-translite/

#681 3 years ago

Anyone near the St. Louis area want to sell their Freddy machine?

2 weeks later
#683 3 years ago

Anyone ever get a custom Freddy table head replacement?

3 weeks later
#684 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I’m looking for Freddy manual, Thanks.

Gustavo

ADE496BB-1D89-4A75-BE3E-752FF802377B.jpegADE496BB-1D89-4A75-BE3E-752FF802377B.jpeg
#685 3 years ago

Hey all,
Got a Freddy in the shop today to clean up and it is stuck continually trying to add credits up to 20. I'm not the best at Gottlieb sys 3 machines, but I believe the game can be LED'd, all LED's I put in seem to be working fine in the tests, but if I start a game it just keeps adding credits. not sure what's going on with it, hopefully someone knows what's up with it.
thanks if ya can help!

1 week later
#686 3 years ago

Hi guys,

After a large order from Steve, I'm still looking for this part, the acrylic in front the DMD, any ideas?

Gustavo

freddy3.jpgfreddy3.jpg
#687 3 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
After a large order from Steve, I'm still looking for this part, the acrylic in front the DMD, any ideas?
Gustavo[quoted image]

A scan will work if any can assist here. Thanks.

Gustavo

3 weeks later
#688 2 years ago

Freddy is getting ready, parts from marcos, waiting parts from Steve Young, and some nice local copper chrome finish.....

Gustavo

447B6916-2BE8-4A66-9FDC-A008B82B1EF9.jpeg447B6916-2BE8-4A66-9FDC-A008B82B1EF9.jpeg96635CE3-CD09-4D17-BC57-00AFE788DE99.jpeg96635CE3-CD09-4D17-BC57-00AFE788DE99.jpegBA9DCE76-8D65-4E11-A123-DFD8CCA86F20.jpegBA9DCE76-8D65-4E11-A123-DFD8CCA86F20.jpeg
#689 2 years ago

Tried to join the club today without success.

Found a machine that looked nice in the pictures. Asked about condition, owner said that there's no wear or issues of note. Drive 3 hours and 45 minutes to look at it for 2-3 minutes and make the drive home.

Had planking and paint loss around the flippers and the right side of the play field. Wear by the drop ball areas like normal. He was asking premium money so; I didn't even try bartering with him. Was worth about half what he was asking. Decent machine, just not for the money. Thanked him for his time and got back in the car. Sigh.

Guess I'll continue to keep my eyes open for one.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from parksr5:

Tried to join the club today without success.
Found a machine that looked nice in the pictures. Asked about condition, owner said that there's no wear or issues of note. Drive 3 hours and 45 minutes to look at it for 2-3 minutes and make the drive home.
Had planking and paint loss around the flippers and the right side of the play field. Wear by the drop ball areas like normal. He was asking premium money so; I didn't even try bartering with him. Was worth about half what he was asking. Decent machine, just not for the money. Thanked him for his time and got back in the car. Sigh.
Guess I'll continue to keep my eyes open for one.

Geez. I know that can be frustrating. I can tell you that I’ve owned four different Freddy’s and all of them but one had some wear around the flippers. Obviously don’t let that be a game changer for you but price should also reflect that. Good luck on your search. They only made 2800 of them!

2 weeks later
#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Jets2860:

I went with a darker look on my house mod (to go with the overall look of the pin). Fantastic job by Toyotaboy! He worked hard on this one with me to go with the darker boiler mod he did. He also did a whiter house which I agree is more true to the movie.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who did you order that house from and how much? Thanks!

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

[quoted image]

I don't like toppers but this is cool.

3 weeks later
#693 2 years ago

Hello everyone, I don't know how to join the club, I hope it's not a problem that I'm writing here. Someone had the same problem ??

1) the left tunnel registers the ball (points are added) but does not register logic (jackpot and other flashing events are not activated, but the points for passing the loop are counted, which means the opto pair works) sometimes the loop is counted, but this happens very rarely and if the ball was rolling sooo slowly.

I think this is a problem with mpu

2) The coil in Freddy's head spits out the ball at different speed (sometimes on the third flipper, and sometimes straight downward)

and I don't think the problem is in the coil

Anybody have any ideas?

freddy (resized).jpgfreddy (resized).jpg
1 month later
#694 2 years ago
Quoted from sandviper:

Hello everyone, I don't know how to join the club, I hope it's not a problem that I'm writing here. Someone had the same problem ??
1) the left tunnel registers the ball (points are added) but does not register logic (jackpot and other flashing events are not activated, but the points for passing the loop are counted, which means the opto pair works) sometimes the loop is counted, but this happens very rarely and if the ball was rolling sooo slowly.
2) The coil in Freddy's head spits out the ball at different speed (sometimes on the third flipper, and sometimes straight downward)
Anybody have any ideas?[quoted image]

There's a metal bracket under Freddy's Head. Make sure that it's tighten down and straight. Also check to make sure your machine is leveled.

Not sure about your 1st question. Haven't seen that before. If I had to guess, it's a switch issue.

#695 2 years ago

Looking for a broken Freddy Glove if anyone is willing to part ways with it. I'm looking at you (those that have a reproduction one)

Thanks

#696 2 years ago

They are not so bad to repair. Lowe’s sells Lexon plastic/plexiglass, cut to match. Cut slot in old glove band saw epoxy new blade in paint with silver paint. Freddy is a great game. Wish I still had mine.

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from sandviper:

Anybody have any ideas?[quoted image]

I have these similar issues on mine along with another issue. I notice when my jack pot light is lit and I make that left loop around freddy's head it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't even know if mine registers points for doing it at all. If I go into switch test the one opto registers. I don't know if there is a 2nd one.

Also mine sometimes dribbles the ball out of his mouth so gently it lands ontop of the soul targets. Other times it shoots out to the upper flipper. I can't figure this one out. I replaced my coil sleeve and spring and this maybe helped a little but it still does it every once and awhile.

I am also having another issue. At least I think its an issue. My game seems to say the line "your dead krugar" a lot while playing. It seems to happen at random times. I thought the only time it was supposed to say this was if the ball went into the boiler and the power light was all the way up. Can anyone verify the only time their game says this is when you make the boiler shot? Mine seems to do it randomly. Also pretty sure I heard the boiler door sound effect (the one the game makes when the ball hits the closed boiler door) when I made the left loop shot one time.

I just noticed these issues recently and have yet to really trouble shoot anything. I guess first thing would to be make sure the board is getting good 5 volts and go from there. Maybe optos need resoldered or replaced?

#698 2 years ago

Actually got to tear into my freddy a little last night and got some of the issues sorted. For the game saying your dead krugar and not counting the left jack pot I think I got those issues figured out. I pulled the opto boards on the bottom of the game 2 for the upkiker for freddys head and 2 on the subway that goes from boiler room to the head. I reflowed solder for the wires and cleaned the optos with alcohol and stuck a q tip into the hole the optos go into make sure they were clean. Now my game only says your dead krugar when you get the boiler room kill shot like it should and it appears to be registering the left jack pot shot all the time. I didn't pull the upper opto boards for the left jack pot shot or boiler door, I just cleaned them with alcohol and a q tip. That seemed to straighten those issues out.

Still not sure about the head not kicking the ball the same always or the auto plunger sometimes having softer or harder plunges but after replacing the coil sleave, spring and pawl and it still doing it, I am thinking maybe about a slightly stronger coil and trying that. This is more of an annoyance as game still is playable this way and it has gotten much better with the new parts.

I also readjusted the boiler door as once again a ball jammed making the door come out of alignment and not close all the way. I wished they designed some kind of clutch or spring based door lifter that would have give to it if the ball jammed. I am trying to think up a way to keep this from happening. I thought either of putting something on top of the door that will make the ball fall off quicker if the ball gets trapped on top but still not sure that would work or maybe somehow replacing the roller that pushed the door up with a spring so the spring could somehow flex if the ball got jammed and then return to normal after it cleared.

3 weeks later
#699 2 years ago

This thread doesn’t seem to be too active anymore but I just joined and read through all 14 pages. I wanted to comment on something that seems to come up a lot. When the claws on your flipper claw break you can also make new ones from aluminum. It’s lightweight, easy to cut, and it’s cheap. I got 1/16” flat stock from Lowes for less than $5 and it took me an hour or so to make these with basic tools and I like the look of them unpainted. I also found the exact playfield purple at Hobby Lobby for $0.89 if anyone is stills interested

C14C344C-C98B-4E4E-A709-12CCA14CB300 (resized).jpegC14C344C-C98B-4E4E-A709-12CCA14CB300 (resized).jpeg
#700 2 years ago

Looks good, I had to redo the claws on mine when I got it. i used mylar that I cut down to size and painted silver. Turned out pretty good. What is the paint type you got that matches?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/14?hl=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.