IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

The Flash bulbs are used a lot in attract mode, so they blow out often. Also the sockets on Freddy can be very problematic. They might need replacing.
The transistors will go bad on the driver board. I had 2 locked on and 2 open that needed replacing. The easiest thing to do is take the board out and test all the bottom transistors and replace the bad ones.

Thanks I am going to test the transistors this weekend and post the results. From what I see the freddy eyes transistor is commonly blown because of the sockets touching each other and shorting out.

#552 4 years ago

Q21 is burnt and bad on the driver board. All other transistors tested good. Control board looks in really good condtion. I tested voltage at the boiler room motor and get 20 volts for the time the motor is running (a second or two) Once the motor stops so does the voltage. I tested the transistor on the motor board and it is reading .50 like it should. I unplugged the pigtail that plugs into the motor board. The larger pigtail that goes to the control board I assume and tested voltage with it unplugged. With it unplugged, I get 23 volts for around 15 seconds immediately upon turning on the game. Once the GI relay clicks in the cabinet for the back box it drops down to 0 volts. So I assume the machine should be moving the door up and down for around 15 seconds when the game is first turned on (mine doesn't). If I start a game with this connector unplugged and no balls in the game, it shows 23 volts for around 30 seconds. It does several ball searches. Eventually it drops down to 0 volts. When the final ball search is performed before the ball stuck call technician message comes up it jumps back up to 23 volts again as I guess the cpu is commanding the motor to move to try and free the "stuck" ball.

If I plug this connector back into the little circuit board that mounts on the bottom of the motor and keep the multi meter probes jammed in the connector. I get no voltage when the game is first powered on. If I start a game it jumps up to 23 volts for about a second while the door cycles and then immediately drops to zero. So with the connector in, the control board is only commanding the motor to run for about a second. No idea why it seems to command the motor normally when this connector is unplugged but only turns the motor on for about 2 seconds when the connector is plugged in.

I suspect that either the motor is trying to draw to much current or something is wrong with the little circuit board that is on the bottom of the motor. I have a new motor coming today so we will find out if it is the motor.

#553 4 years ago

Well I guess I got it figured out but not sure what fixed it. Don't you just hate those kind of repairs? It was either a stuck switch on a drop target or a loose connection on the motor or one of it's switches. I tried running the game with the switches unplugged to see what that did. I plugged the switch wires back in and went into switch test to make sure they were working again When I was in there I saw that drop target 2 was showing as being down even though it wasn't. I adjusted the leaf switch so it wasn't registering when down and much to my surprise the door started working like it should. I have played about 30 games so far and it has stayed working. I even was near the motor wiring as I had to install two screws in the motor bracket and i know I was bumping the motor and switch wires but it still is working so IDK.

Still having an issue with the flashers in the boiler room. If I have one bulb in it flashes but it isn't as bright as it should be. If I put a 2nd bulb in the other bulb holder neither of them work, or they work but barely and I mean barley flash. Also the boiler room and freddys house are flashing together when in flasher test mode. They should flash separate from what i understand. I ordered two new flasher sockets from marco, we will see if that changes anything.

Can someone post a picture of their left ramp. I replaced mine but don't know how the ramp mounts to the metal bracket underneath. Is it supposed to be riveted on with metal rivets. Also should there be foam where the ball lands on the ramp from the up kicker?

#554 4 years ago

come on freddy owners "get the lead out!"

#555 4 years ago

Any ideas how the claw flipper comes off? I want to replace the broken claws on mine.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Any ideas how the claw flipper comes off? I want to replace the broken claws on mine.

You loosen the set screw on the flipper mech underneath the playfield and slide it out. Just like any other flipper bat.

Quoted from fatality83:

Can someone post a picture of their left ramp. I replaced mine
but don't know how the ramp mounts to the metal bracket underneath.
Is it supposed to be riveted on with metal rivets. Also should
there be foam where the ball lands on the ramp from the up
kicker?

Yes there is a piece of foam. It covers what looks like to me are rivets.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

You loosen the set screw on the flipper mech underneath the playfield and slide it out. Just like any other flipper bat.

Yes there is a piece of foam. It covers what looks like to me are rivets.

Thank you!

#558 4 years ago

Does anyone have scans of the target decals?

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Does anyone have scans of the target decals?

PBResources sells them all very cheap.

#560 4 years ago

I posted this in it's own thread, but I'm getting crickets so I'll duplicate it here as it might be game specific. Any help is appreciated, I know I'm missing something stupid easy.

I'm down to the last (I hope) major issue on my Freddy project. The glove flipper isn't working. This is a little challenging to troubleshoot. There is no flipper test in solenoid test, and the glove flipper only works when a relay is activated. The good news is, this is a simple flipper system and I'm totally stumped as to why it isn't working. Glove Flipper relay works in diagnostics. Pressing the relay manually gets me voltage on all 3 lugs, 62v (the other coils are getting 66). Grounding the non banded side of the other flippers activates the coil. Grounding the non banded side of the glove flipper does nothing. This was done while holding in the relay, there is voltage at the coil. The coil is brand new from PBR. I'm getting 4.5 ohms across the outside lugs. I'm getting 5.2 on the right flipper coil, and 16 ohms on the left flipper coil. This is clearly odd. Lower flippers work fine, and I think they are both new coils as well. Any ideas? I suppose I could swap the glove flipper coil to a known working setup, but I'm confident the coil is fine.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I posted this in it's own thread, but I'm getting crickets so I'll duplicate it here as it might be game specific. Any help is appreciated, I know I'm missing something stupid easy.
I'm down to the last (I hope) major issue on my Freddy project. The glove flipper isn't working. This is a little challenging to troubleshoot. There is no flipper test in solenoid test, and the glove flipper only works when a relay is activated. The good news is, this is a simple flipper system and I'm totally stumped as to why it isn't working. Glove Flipper relay works in diagnostics. Pressing the relay manually gets me voltage on all 3 lugs, 62v (the other coils are getting 66). Grounding the non banded side of the other flippers activates the coil. Grounding the non banded side of the glove flipper does nothing. This was done while holding in the relay, there is voltage at the coil. The coil is brand new from PBR. I'm getting 4.5 ohms across the outside lugs. I'm getting 5.2 on the right flipper coil, and 16 ohms on the left flipper coil. This is clearly odd. Lower flippers work fine, and I think they are both new coils as well. Any ideas? I suppose I could swap the glove flipper coil to a known working setup, but I'm confident the coil is fine.

I would try swapping the coil with a known working one. If your getting power up to the coil and you ground the non-banded side, it should fire. Just because the coil is new doesn't mean it isn't good. I would definitely swap it with a different one to see what you get.

#562 4 years ago

I rebuilt my claw over the weekend using lexan and silver paint. It isn't perfect but it came out pretty nice and looks a heck of a lot better then it did.

I also added a couple leds that I had left over. Just need to order more and a rubber kit for it. I did notice some of the leds I added were ghosting. Seems like this game will ghost more then others.

I have one last issue to troubleshot. I made a new post about it. Can someone help? Basically my boiler flashers and house flashers are shorted somewhere. They are flashing very dimly barely even noticeable. If I have two flashers in the boiler then non of them work. Here is a link to my thread I started. I hope someone can give me ideas where to go from here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-understanding-this-wiring-schematic

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I would try swapping the coil with a known working one. If your getting power up to the coil and you ground the non-banded side, it should fire. Just because the coil is new doesn't mean it isn't good. I would definitely swap it with a different one to see what you get.

I swapped the new coil to my left flower flipper and the known working coil into the glove flipper coil. No change. Can someone confirm if holding in the relay in solenoid test and pressing the flipper button activates the glove flipper coil?

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I swapped the new coil to my left flower flipper and the known working coil into the glove flipper coil. No change. Can someone confirm if holding in the relay in solenoid test and pressing the flipper button activates the glove flipper coil?

So your in test mode and on glove relay and hitting starting and the flipper button at the same time or are you holding the relay shut with your finger and pressing the left flipper?

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

So your in test mode and on glove relay and hitting starting and the flipper button at the same time or are you holding the relay shut with your finger and pressing the left flipper?

Holding the relay shut with my finger. The relay operates in test mode, but it only pulses the relay.

#566 4 years ago

Ok I will check this for you when I get a chance

#567 4 years ago

Solved! It was either the Q relay or the glove flipper relay was dirty. Just in case anyone else has this issue, holding in the relay, the glove flipper does work in test mode.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Solved! It was either the Q relay or the glove flipper relay was dirty. Just in case anyone else has this issue, holding in the relay, the glove flipper does work in test mode.

Awesome glad you got it figured out!! Sorry I didn't get to test mine yesterday, I had a 14 hour work day. Well pretty much do every day. Can you do me a favor when you get a chance? Test your house and boiler room flashers in solenoid test and tell me if they are flashing separately or together. I have an issue with mine where they are trying to flash together. The boiler and the house both flash or try to at the same time whether I am testing the house or boiler.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Awesome glad you got it figured out!! Sorry I didn't get to test mine yesterday, I had a 14 hour work day. Well pretty much do every day. Can you do me a favor when you get a chance? Test your house and boiler room flashers in solenoid test and tell me if they are flashing separately or together. I have an issue with mine where they are trying to flash together. The boiler and the house both flash or try to at the same time whether I am testing the house or boiler.

Mine flash individually in test mode.

#570 4 years ago

My boiler room opto and left orbit opto sometimes won't register fast shots. The optos are clean. I know this is a design flaw on some games, does anyone else have this issue?

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine flash individually in test mode.

thank you!!

#572 4 years ago

Does anyone have or can get a scan of the playfield where flippers are? Mine has some worn paint off and I was thinking of printing a decal and putting mylar over?

#573 4 years ago

Todd did an interview with Billy Parker who helped design Freddy. Interesting interview. He said at one point the claw was supposed to have individually moving fingers that would lock balls.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone have or can get a scan of the playfield where flippers are? Mine has some worn paint off and I was thinking of printing a decal and putting mylar over?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-playfield-scan#post-5048146

3 weeks later
#575 4 years ago

Just joined the Freddy club! I love this pin and think that it doesn’t get respect. It’s a good value and has some great call outs! Anyway, what kind of mods have you guys done? It would be cool for someone to create a sound mod that incorporates actual movie quotes, but I’m not sure how easy/hard that would be.

1 month later
#576 4 years ago

If anyone is looking for a freddy that in Maryland message me. I have one on hold that i need to pay off to pick and something came up. So trying to get it paid off and what i have into it back.

2 weeks later
#577 4 years ago

Looking for a nice example of Nightmare on elm street.

Not a players condition

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Looking for a nice example of Nightmare on elm street.
Not a players condition

I might have to sell my super nice one to free up some room. Only problem is I sold it once before and had to buy it back because despite not playing it much I missed it in the collection.

#579 4 years ago

Just switched over to LEDs and it is looking great! I'm not able to figure out how to get Freddy's head off to change those bulbs though, and I don't want to get too rough with it. Has anybody removed Freddy's head, and if so..how?

#580 4 years ago

Sort of piggy-backing on top of the last comment -- I'm thinking of putting LEDs in my Freddy. I typically source them from Comet and I'm wondering for those of you out there that have done the LED swap, can people speak to what 'flavor' of LED in terms of the light type (cool, warm, etc, etc) works best for the table. I just put 'sunlight white' in my early Bally Silverball Mania and the light quality is nice and warm. The Freddy table is currently quite dark with the stock incandescent bulbs, so I do want to brighten it up but don't want to make it overly bright and entirely lose the dark Freddy feel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

Just switched over to LEDs and it is looking great! I'm not able to figure out how to get Freddy's head off to change those bulbs though, and I don't want to get too rough with it. Has anybody removed Freddy's head, and if so..how?

There is a black metal plate that is over the 4 or 5 faces in the neck target. Remove those two screws, the black plate will lift off. You should then be able to see the two screws that hold freddys head on to the left of his head

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

Which kind of LEDs did you use in yours? Frosted? What intensity?

1 week later
#583 4 years ago

Gameplay question for owners out there. Does anyone ever shoot for the TV? I forget what the reward is in points, but it seems like real dangerous center-drain shot so I never shoot for it. Sort of related does anyone ever go for the specific features that are highlighted on the DMD when in any of the nightmares -- as opposed to just working towards beating Freddy? I know for certain nightmares the Freddy 'soul shroud' targets or the drop targets become more valuable.

Any game play pro tips?

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from malkneil:

Gameplay question for owners out there. Does anyone ever shoot for the TV? I forget what the reward is in points, but it seems like a real dangerous center-drain shot so I never shoot for it. Sort of related does anyone ever go for the specific features that are highlighted on the DMD when in any of the nightmares -- as opposed to just working towards beating Freddy? I know for certain nightmares the Freddy 'soul shroud' targets or the drop targets become more valuable.
Any game play pro tips?

#585 4 years ago

I normally don't try to hit the tv as it is risky shot as you said. I mainly shoot for jackpots and work on building up krugarends and trading them

1 month later
#587 4 years ago

Now officially a member!

Will start playing ant tweaking where needed.

It's been about 13 years since I've owned a Freddy.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Now officially a member!
Will start playing ant tweaking where needed.
It's been about 13 years since I've owned a Freddy.

Congrats it's a fun game. It is a favorite in my collection along with the usual favorites

#589 4 years ago

I picked up my Freddy last night to go with my Waterworld and Stargate, put in the translite I had signed last Sunday at RI Comic Con. Everything is working good, has the NVRAM mod and I just need to repair the glove and I will be in business. These games are super fun and affordable all things considered. It is also my daughters favorite new game, she put in at least 20 plays last night.

newpinballfreddy (resized).jpgnewpinballfreddy (resized).jpg
#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I picked up my Freddy last night to go with my Waterworld and Stargate, put in the translite I had signed last Sunday at RI Comic Con. Everything is working good, has the NVRAM mod and I just need to repair the glove and I will be in business. These games are super fun and affordable all things considered. It is also my daughters favorite new game, she put in at least 20 plays last night.[quoted image]

NVRAM? What does that do?

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

NVRAM? What does that do?

Battery eliminator

1 week later
#592 4 years ago

Hey can someone confirm this real quick? In test mode, does the Freddy Head vuk also cause the Freddy jaw to energize as well? Thanks.

#593 4 years ago

Yeah I'm at a loss now. Any time the head VUK is hooked up the 2A fuse for it blows. The driver board was so roached it was lifting traces as soon as the iron touched it. So that was replaced. The VUK ohms out as good. And the diode is good. I'm not sure where to go with it now.

1 week later
#594 4 years ago

Finally replaced my broken boiler plant with a 3D printed one courtesy of a fellow Pinsider, what a difference it makes! Now to fix that damn glove!
Boiler Plant 1 (resized).jpgBoiler Plant 1 (resized).jpgBoiler Plant 2 (resized).jpgBoiler Plant 2 (resized).jpg

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Finally replaced my broken boiler plant with a 3D printed one courtesy of a fellow Pinsider, what a difference it makes! Now to fix that damn glove!

Thanks for posting a photo! I'm debating if that 2nd cut above the grill gate was necessary (it was carried over from the original vacuum formed version).

#596 4 years ago

Hey all, new to the club well not really , long time owner first time poster on this thread. Slowey been modding and restoring my Freddy. Powder coated a lot of pieces as that's another one of my hobbies that goes with the pinball hobbie. Added a lot of other things, Tilt blades, glo trap ball, plasma bumpers, redid freddys head, Added the ctzv TV mod last night. Highly recommend if anyone was on the fence about it. Right now my ball shooter kicker just fell apart so next thing is to address that. Have to fix the loud humming buzzing sound that some Gotliebs have. Got some more mods to do, hopefully the furnace mod and going to maybe try to 3d print a new house as I cant stand the original. Another issue is my furnace door needs adjusted or the sensor is bad. Need to replace the pop up targets and playfield has some wear overall ,LOVE this machine and will always be in my collection even if it doesn't get played as much.

20190902_204255 (resized).jpg20190902_204255 (resized).jpg
#597 4 years ago
freddy (resized).PNGfreddy (resized).PNG
#598 4 years ago

Like the Green and Red under Freddy’s head. Did you make that?

#599 4 years ago

Guys what are those massive toppers like on ebay are they worth getting. I am in OZ and the shipping is killer. 2 sellers selling 2 different types anyone know what is the best one to go for?

#600 4 years ago

Just purchased this from a friend. Wasn't advertised but he only has room for one machine so he kept last action hero. Playfield has some wear however ill be able to fix the areas with model enamel paints. The title doesn't appear for sale very often here in Western Australia so I jumped at the opportunity to have the game. It would be good if there was no wear on the playfield. It's a long shot but if anyone knows of a NOS playfield that is or could be for sale please let me know. This is my second system three game my first was gladiators. With over 30 Gottliebs in my collection I'd wished I looked at system 3 earlier, as i believe there great games. Enjoy the pictures

IMG_2872 (resized).JPGIMG_2872 (resized).JPGIMG_2873 (resized).JPGIMG_2873 (resized).JPGIMG_2874 (resized).JPGIMG_2874 (resized).JPGIMG_2875 (resized).JPGIMG_2875 (resized).JPGIMG_2876 (resized).JPGIMG_2876 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPGIMG_2877 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2880 (resized).JPGIMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2882 (resized).JPGIMG_2882 (resized).JPGIMG_2883 (resized).JPGIMG_2883 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2884 (resized).JPGIMG_2884 (resized).JPGIMG_2885 (resized).JPGIMG_2885 (resized).JPGIMG_2886 (resized).JPGIMG_2886 (resized).JPGIMG_2888 (resized).JPGIMG_2888 (resized).JPGIMG_2889 (resized).JPGIMG_2889 (resized).JPGIMG_2890 (resized).JPGIMG_2890 (resized).JPGIMG_2891 (resized).JPGIMG_2891 (resized).JPGIMG_2892 (resized).JPGIMG_2892 (resized).JPGIMG_2893 (resized).JPGIMG_2893 (resized).JPGIMG_2894 (resized).JPGIMG_2894 (resized).JPGIMG_2895 (resized).JPGIMG_2895 (resized).JPGIMG_2896 (resized).JPGIMG_2896 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/12?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.