IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6237.jpeg
IMG_6284 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
#501 5 years ago

Probably too small. Have a link? Would might look good above the captive ball

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from creepshows:

Hey everyone! Finally happy to report that after a long search, I am now a proud owner of a home use only Freddy machine that could not be in better shape! I have a bunch of mods and fun things I'm going to share here shortly, but first...
Can anyone confirm the proper position of the BOILER ROOM DOOR at various points of the game? I have never seen mine 100% UP. It only ever rises to about 30% UP. That said I'm not that good at this game yet and rarely get over 100,000,000 (not sure if that matters or not).
If anyone could lay out how the door should be functioning, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

My door does go all the way up at different times through out the game.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

My door does go all the way up at different times through out the game.

Perfect. Thanks for responding. Guess I have to check under the hood here.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from creepshows:

JJJJJS That thing is amazing! Ever consider making more? Also, I saw another owner stick a "flame bulb" inside the house in a video and I thought that was perfect for that piece. Another awesome idea.

Thanks for the compliment! I've thought about making a couple more though I'll need to make one or two revisions before I'd feel comfortable offering them. Love the idea of using the flame bulb, currently I've got a red and an orange flasher in there to create the fire illusion.

#505 5 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I got a few freddy pinball parts i'm selling see list below all prices include shipping. Freddy Jaw (back ally creations) $30 Freddy Decal Set $40 Freddy Manual $30”
2018-06-26
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 201 times

#506 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I made some custom rule cards that match the theme of the game. Those yellow xerox copies just weren’t cutting it. Let me know if anyone has interest and I’ll post the high res files!

D03F7766-8E22-4B3B-92A2-E9B22DDF1B86.jpegD03F7766-8E22-4B3B-92A2-E9B22DDF1B86.jpeg
#507 5 years ago

Very interested!!

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from creepshows:

Hey everyone, I made some custom rule cards that match the theme of the game. Those yellow xerox copies just weren’t cutting it. Let me know if anyone has interest and I’ll post the high res files!

Interested. I just printed the one pinballcards.com yesterday too.

#509 5 years ago

The ones i printed from pinballcards.com were a little small, so I couldnt get them to work.

#511 5 years ago

Agreed! Instructions cards are really cool. Good job on that.

#512 5 years ago

Can someone please give me a pointer on soldering in an led strip on a Gottlieb system 3? I'd like to illuminate my Freddy topper.

Cheers!
Adam.

freddy (resized).jpgfreddy (resized).jpg
#513 5 years ago

Where did Creepshows go? I really wanted those cards

#514 5 years ago

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. I made these things super high-res @ 600 dpi.

Since Pinside doesn't allow TIFF attachments, here are the high-res files:
Rule card #1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmihj6gwgqsd6iu/freddy-pinball-card-1.tif?dl=0
Rule card #2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dsrgv80mnvbozr/freddy-pinball-card-2.tif?dl=0

And just to check em out, here are some PNG attachments. You'll have to trim some of the black off both cards to make it fit! Let me know if anyone has any issues!
freddy-pinball-card-1 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-1 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-2 (resized).pngfreddy-pinball-card-2 (resized).png

#515 5 years ago

These look fantastic!!! Great work and thank you for sharing!

1 week later
#516 5 years ago

So, I have needed to shop out my freddy for a while now. I had picked up a spare wall of souls a couple years ago because I knew mine was getting bad. I took it out the other day and seems like new one is a little dry now just from age in package.

Anybody have any reccomendations for it? I don't know that armour all or other products would be good for it.

I was just wondering if anybody else does anything with pieces like this to help save/preserve them for a while. I just want to keep the rubber (latex?) As soft as I can until I use it, obviously.

Thanks

1 month later
#517 5 years ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Thanks for the compliment! I've thought about making a couple more though I'll need to make one or two revisions before I'd feel comfortable offering them. Love the idea of using the flame bulb, currently I've got a red and an orange flasher in there to create the fire illusion.

Have you made any lead way on this? Just curious because the community would love to purchase one.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Have you made any lead way on this? Just curious because the community would love to purchase one.

Not yet. I've got the Portland Retro Gaming Expo coming up in a month and preparation for that is sucking up all my time. Plan is to work on finishing the house and the two TFTC mods I've got in proto stage right after the show.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Not yet. I've got the Portland Retro Gaming Expo coming up in a month and preparation for that is sucking up all my time. Plan is to work on finishing the house and the two TFTC mods I've got in proto stage right after the show.

Thanks for the update. Good luck at the Expo and I'm extremely excited about the outcome of the house.

#520 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to get Freddy Plastics? I only need a couple pcs but... Just wondering.

2 weeks later
#521 5 years ago

HELLO EVERYONE! Wow big read but some great stuff going on, especially those cards and the 3d boiler. Great efforts.
Im hoping someone can help me with a freddy related problem i have at the moment, I've searched the net and ridiculously it seems I'm the only person to have this issue happen or actually to be more correct my friend as i sold him my freddy which is why i feel i should find the solution for him, so my freddy played 100%, no issues at all. It than was tombstones for a while and than i sold it to him and it travelled from one end of country to the other, he set it up and straight away issue with it. All i can gather from his pathetically explained issue is THE FLIPPERS ALL WORK FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THAN THEY STOP! This applies to ALL THE FLIPPERS?!? So at start of game they all work fine, than they die. You start a new game and they all work fine than die. Stop start repeat.

Ive searched about system 3 pins doing this, I've searched about it happening with freddy, nothing.

SO any ideas from all you fellow pinhead experts as to why this fault has now developed and started doing this?

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated in advance.

#522 5 years ago

Actually to be more exact, they work fine than die after a few seconds and repeat this on every ball. not just every new game.

Once again thanks in advance for any help you can give.

#523 5 years ago

Here's the question - do the flippers work at all times (and at duration) BEFORE the ball is even launched.....if so, the flippers 'dying' are related to the balls the game senses it has....in other words - and I had this happen....someone loaded too many balls in a Freddy (which starts with multi-ball) and the flippers would die while a ball was in play - giving the sense of the flippers dying for no reason- until the next ball was up.....

#524 5 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the auto-plunger? Mine stopped firing all of a sudden. I looked under and can't see anything wrong. Occasionally it will fire, but its about 1 out of 10 times.

#525 5 years ago

Hi Sonic

Thanks for reply and input, makes sense and thinking about it he mentioned a ball trough issue beforehand so I’ll pass theory over to him and get him to check ball count. I hope that is the issue as it’s a simple resolution, generally unheard of with these things haha

#526 5 years ago

The manual doesn’t actually state how many balls should be in Freddy.. is it 4?!

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from Guywiththegun:

Anyone have any issues with the auto-plunger? Mine stopped firing all of a sudden. I looked under and can't see anything wrong. Occasionally it will fire, but its about 1 out of 10 times.

Have you checked the shooter lane switch in switch test?

#529 5 years ago

So the issue was the part of the switch that extends above the play-field . . It was somehow stuck under so it was never triggering. Seems like I should have noticed that, but its fixed. I'm happy.

#530 5 years ago

In my "walkabout" through dedicated movie pinbal, it is time to Freedy! This is I did with Rules pinball Card!

I hope you like!

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Steret Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

2 weeks later
#531 5 years ago

Thanks for your positive vote, "Sonic"!

Let´s go with another card to complete my custom set:

"Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Steret Custom Pinball Card - Score" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Score.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Score" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Score.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos1.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos1.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos2.jpgFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

2 weeks later
#532 5 years ago

I this was print result in chrome vinyl:
a6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpga6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB) printed chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print1.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPG
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB) printed chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print2.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPGFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPG
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB) printed chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Freddy%20A%20Nightmare%20Of%20Elm%20Street%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print3.jpg
Freddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print3.JPGFreddy A Nightmare Of Elm Street Custom Pinball Card Rules print3.JPG

Regards

3 weeks later
#533 5 years ago

Are you selling them? If so I would like two sets. I am working on recasting the claw for the play field as well as the Cowl out of a musch stronger plastic and a more durable rubber. First claw comes out of the mold today.

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from mrsyfy:

Are you selling them? If so I would like two sets. I am working on recasting the claw for the play field as well as the Cowl out of a musch stronger plastic and a more durable rubber. First claw comes out of the mold today.

Keep us posted on how it turns out! May have people interested if you decide to sell.

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Here's the first raw resin pull from the mold. It's just the cleaning pull to remove dust and particles from the fresh mold, but actually came out pretty clean. Actual castings would be trimmed and painted of course. I'm also thinking about using custom glass eyes rather than just painted resin. That way the flashers inside would actually light up the eyes better than the original with those red plastic tubes.
The new sculpt isn't anywhere close to ready to show pics, but I'll keep people updated as I progress. It just hasn't been a priority lately, but if enough people are interested that always helps with motivation. I've recently been playing this pin a bit more and getting a little more excited about some mods.
My boiler room plastic has been broken since I bought it, and I just bought one on Ebay last night (ridiculously expensive, but they're impossible to find.) I think I will be working on replicating that plastic and the Freddy house plastic as well -- hand sculpted, molded, resin cast, and painted so they can drop right in -- but with more depth and detail. 3D printing is another option, but I think the hand sculpted nature might fit the theme better and feel more authentic to the practical effects of the movies.

[quoted image]

Here are photos of my finished mold once it fully hardens I will coat it with an additional hardening compound and paint it.

20181219_063305(1) (resized).jpg20181219_063305(1) (resized).jpg20181220_132952 (resized).jpg20181220_132952 (resized).jpg20181220_133000 (resized).jpg20181220_133000 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#536 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find field plastics for Freddy or at least some good pics so I can recreate them. I am restoring a couple of machines.

#537 5 years ago

How did the glove turn out?

2 weeks later
#538 5 years ago

Alright everyone, what do you use to clean your Freddy playfield? I've been hesitant to use any sort of chemical on machine since I first got it, but it may time.

Any tips on cleaning up a 25 year old Gottlieb playfield are appreciated!

#540 5 years ago

Looking for pics of inside of cab of a european or one that has been reimported ?

#541 5 years ago

Wondering if someone could help me out with a few pieces. I seem to have a ball guard missing. See the first image below, where there appears to be some metal ripped off with only the screws remaining. Does anyone know what this part is?

Also, I recently purchased a new ramp and I'm trying to secure the ramp clamp down onto the playfield. See image 3 to see the screw holes. For the life of me I cannot find the screw size needed to get it firmly held in place, causing the ramp to tilt and the ball to come off the ramp early.

Lastly, in the second image, you can see a tiny piece of weirdly shaped plastic connected to the "If the glove fits" piece. What is that? Is this an actual part or is it part of something that broke?

If someone could answer these questions, OR take a few pictures of these areas on your machine and post them to give me some reference, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

From one Dream Warrior to another

Missing piece (resized).jpgMissing piece (resized).jpgMystery Piece (resized).jpgMystery Piece (resized).jpgScrew size (resized).jpgScrew size (resized).jpg
2 months later
#542 5 years ago

Did I kill this thread? Lol

I sorted out the parts I was missing. I was missing a ball deflector. That weird little plastic piece below the glove flipper is there on all machines (I have no idea what it does).

As far as the ramp, I was able to slightly bend the metal holder up a little so the ramp is angled where the ball will not fall out.

Now, I'm having opto issues. Started with the boiler door opto. Then I noticed the left ramp opto isn't triggering ever. Now Freddys mouth is constantly trying to spit out a ball.

Does anyone have experience with one flakey opto causing all the others to malfunction, or does this sound like a main opto board issue?

#543 5 years ago

I would start with the easy stuff then work your way up. For example, do you see lights on the opto board underneath the Playfield? Secondly, have you tried to reflow the solder joints on both the transmitter and receiver boards near the boiler door? They are underneath the plastic to the left and right of the boiler door. Those transmitter and receivers boards are notorious for having to reflow the solder. I've had to do that on two different Freddy's.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I would start with the easy stuff then work your way up. For example, do you see lights on the opto board underneath the Playfield? Secondly, have you tried to reflow the solder joints on both the transmitter and receiver boards near the boiler door? They are underneath the plastic to the left and right of the boiler door. Those transmitter and receivers boards are notorious for having to reflow the solder. I've had to do that on two different Freddy's.

Thanks! I actually noticed the upper left lane opto is off completely. In Switch edges test I can trigger the other optos just fine, but the upper left opto is just dead. I tried reflowing the solder on those optos, but still nothing. I went ahead and ordered replacement transmitter and reciever boards.

A light is definitely on in the opto controller board.

Now a new issue popped up. When the glove flipper is activated, its supposed to only stay active for a few seconds. Mine never turns off until the next game. Ugh. Im hoping this dead opto is just making the game crazy and it will be resolved with a new working switch

1 week later
#545 5 years ago

Just had an issue creep up with my Freddy and wondering if anyone can give me some tips on where to start. Once the ball hits the shooter-lane switch, it triggers the ball save and ejects another ball.

Any tips on where to start? I’m a bit of a novice on repairs, but am willing to roll up the sleeves and learn.

1 week later
#546 4 years ago

Freddy parts 4sale

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling a few items see list below all prices include shipping. Crinkle Black NonRibbed Pinball Legs #LEG-30RBK $50 Set of 4 NOS Freddy Pinball Ramp (nos) #30946 $40 Freddy p...”
2019-04-28
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 351 times

1 week later
#547 4 years ago

Hey Guys I just joined the club this weekend. I bought a mostly working project that needs some love. Cabinet is in really good shape, playfield has some wear in some spots. Of course the claws are broke on the flipper. There is some strange issues I am having I am hoping someone can help. The biggest issue is with the boiler door. Normally when I start a game the boiler door cycles for a second or two and then stops wherever it is at. Sometimes it stops halway shut, sometimes almost all the way open or all the way down. It stays in this position until the game is over and the start button is pressed then it repeats the process and stops until that game is over. The opto at the front of the door is registering door strikes. I tried tightening up the motor linkage some because there was a little play and I adjusted the door so it goes all the way up instead of halfway like it was doing. I readjusted both the shut and close switches on the side of the motor. Both switches register when activated in test mode. If I disconnect both switches and turn the game on the, door cycles up and down for a few seconds and then always stops in the down position. It then stays down until the game has ended, then when you start a new game it cycles for a few seconds and then stops in the down position.

If I go into coil test I can steps the motor through its full range of motion no problem. There was one time it appeared the boiler door worked and moved up and down like it was supposed to. Not sure what caused that. Is there some kind of relay or driver board somewhere that controls the door movement. I did reflow solder to the motor and the power connections on the motor to no joy.

Another issue I am having is with some of the flash bulbs. Freddys eyes don't light up, the house doesn't light up, the boiler room was lighting up somewhat however it was only doing so when one bulb was installed. If I put a 2nd bulb in the boiler spot beside the other, neither would work.

GI in the backbox was out when I got the game but I swapped in a new fuse and got it working...somewhat. I noticed that the flasher in the backbox in the very center of the backbox stays illuminated full brightness and doesn't go out. Also a flasher to the left of it glows orange even when it's not flashing. From my research on here I hear everyone talking of a transistor that controls freddys eyes lighting up but I don't have a manual yet, I am ordering one tomorrow.

I thought there was an issue with the claw flipper not working, it doesn't move in the test mode only a flasher in the back box blinks when I try to test the claw flipper in test mode, however it seems like sometimes it does work during game play when the claw flip light is illuminated. I think this is normal.

Is there anyone that makes repro plastic ramp or claw flipper for this game. PBResource doesn't show any on their website. Also what is the normal operation of the boiler door. Is it supposed to just go up and down constantly or does it stop at certain times. If it does stop what makes it start moving again?

Also can someone explain to me the normal operation of the diverter at freddys house. Seems like if I start a game and don't immediatly plunge the ball, the diverter moves and the ball plunges itself onto the playfield. Sometimes just for no reason freddy says rock and roll or something like that and the gate moves and it starts plunging balls out on.

#548 4 years ago

Lots of great questions! Sounds like the lighting issues are probably due to bad transistors, but thankfully I've not had much trouble with mine. I did discover when switching to LED lighting that this game doesn't seem to like them as much as just about every other game I've installed them in. I think that's somewhat common with the Gottliebs though, but not sure why.

As for the boiler room door, this is pretty common on every Freddy table. I did all the same steps you described with mine, and typically it works for a few games before getting off alignment again. The door position is somewhat based on the game difficulty, as it should be closed and require X number of door hits at the opto before it opens during regular gameplay. Upon opening, then you can shoot inside to start the nightmare mode. On the default settings, I'm pretty sure it stays open and you can usually full plunge right in to start the first nightmare multiball. But each nightmare should require progressively more hits to open and start. (Which also allows you time to collect the power ups or other items to prepare for the mode.)

The diverter by the House works as you described on the timer. If you don't plunge within a certain time, it auto-launches through the diverter. The only other time it seems to apply is when adding a ball to multiball mode. The Add A Ball target triggers the diverter and it launches another ball into play, usually hitting one or more of the mirror drop targets.

You also mentioned the glove flipper doesn't seem to work and is triggering a flash lamp? That sounds like possibly switch matrix problems. Maybe a shorted diode or transistor. When you get the manual (or download a PDF) you can check the matrix to determine troubleshoot. Usually the switches and lamps on are separate connectors though, so it's odd a button or regular switch would trigger a lamp.

Hopefully you're able to figure those out! It's really a fun game, despite having a somewhat shallow ruleset compared to other games. But it can be very fun once you learn all the rules, how to use the power ups, and hitting the special combos with the glove flipper. The Claw Saver between the flippers is also really fun, but can be powerful and fire the ball up into the glass depending upon when you trigger it.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Another issue I am having is with some of the flash bulbs. Freddys eyes don't light up, the house doesn't light up, the boiler room was lighting up somewhat however it was only doing so when one bulb was installed. If I put a 2nd bulb in the boiler spot beside the other, neither would work.
GI in the backbox was out when I got the game but I swapped in a new fuse and got it working...somewhat. I noticed that the flasher in the backbox in the very center of the backbox stays illuminated full brightness and doesn't go out. Also a flasher to the left of it glows orange even when it's not flashing. From my research on here I hear everyone talking of a transistor that controls freddys eyes lighting up but I don't have a manual yet, I am ordering one tomorrow.

The Flash bulbs are used a lot in attract mode, so they blow out often. Also the sockets on Freddy can be very problematic. They might need replacing.

The transistors will go bad on the driver board. I had 2 locked on and 2 open that needed replacing. The easiest thing to do is take the board out and test all the bottom transistors and replace the bad ones.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Lots of great questions! Sounds like the lighting issues are probably due to bad transistors, but thankfully I've not had much trouble with mine. I did discover when switching to LED lighting that this game doesn't seem to like them as much as just about every other game I've installed them in. I think that's somewhat common with the Gottliebs though, but not sure why.
As for the boiler room door, this is pretty common on every Freddy table. I did all the same steps you described with mine, and typically it works for a few games before getting off alignment again. The door position is somewhat based on the game difficulty, as it should be closed and require X number of door hits at the opto before it opens during regular gameplay. Upon opening, then you can shoot inside to start the nightmare mode. On the default settings, I'm pretty sure it stays open and you can usually full plunge right in to start the first nightmare multiball. But each nightmare should require progressively more hits to open and start. (Which also allows you time to collect the power ups or other items to prepare for the mode.)
The diverter by the House works as you described on the timer. If you don't plunge within a certain time, it auto-launches through the diverter. The only other time it seems to apply is when adding a ball to multiball mode. The Add A Ball target triggers the diverter and it launches another ball into play, usually hitting one or more of the mirror drop targets.
You also mentioned the glove flipper doesn't seem to work and is triggering a flash lamp? That sounds like possibly switch matrix problems. Maybe a shorted diode or transistor. When you get the manual (or download a PDF) you can check the matrix to determine troubleshoot. Usually the switches and lamps on are separate connectors though, so it's odd a button or regular switch would trigger a lamp.
Hopefully you're able to figure those out! It's really a fun game, despite having a somewhat shallow ruleset compared to other games. But it can be very fun once you learn all the rules, how to use the power ups, and hitting the special combos with the glove flipper. The Claw Saver between the flippers is also really fun, but can be powerful and fire the ball up into the glass depending upon when you trigger it.

Thank you thank you thank you. I still think something is up with my door. For instance it sometimes stops with it half way down or just a 1/4 sticking up above the playfield. It basically seems to run for a predetermined time every time and wherever the door is at when that time runs out it just stops there in that position no matter how many times I hit the door. The door optos are registering hits. I tried readjusting the door arm, reflowing solder on optos, cleaning the micro switches that register up and down to no luck. The switches are working in test menu.

As for the flasher locking on I made some progress by doing the ground mod, cleaning and reflowing solder to the ground board and adjusting some bulb sockets. The boiler room flasher and house flasher seem to work. The claw flipper actually does work correctly I just wasn't activating it in game play. The solenoid test for the claw flipper only tests the flasher on the back box and by the claw and not the solenoid itself which is how this game is supposed to test. There is no test for the flipper coil itself.

I ordered a manual, a bunch of new parts and a new door motor as a last ditch effort to get it working. I guess it could be the 2026 board on the bottom of the motor but I don't know how to test. I am hoping its just a bad motor drawing to much current or something.

Its good to know that the game is supposed to auto launch the ball if you don't plunge it but mine seems to do it very quickly, I mead within probably a second or two of the ball getting into the outlane. My difficulty is on medium I think (factory settings I guess) Maybe if I change it to easy it will give me more time.

I have two questions hopefully someone can help. Can you go into test mode and test the flasher for freddys house and the boiler. On mine when I test either of those both flash. I am wondering if that is normal. You think they should flash individually since they took the time to program two separate tests.

Also can you start a game and tell me approximately how long your ball sits in the outlane before the game open the diverter and auto plunges it onto the field? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/11?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.