Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mahoyvan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44.jpg
    4.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hey Guys

Just thought I would throw this out there, and see who lives in the same area as me. Looking to meet a few pinsiders that want to meet up and have some pinball gatherings. Sound off if your interested.

Cheers Sean

#2 11 years ago

Sign me up as a Pinhead who is located in the Fraser Valley

#3 11 years ago

OK Steve, me and you. You come play my Tron, then I will come by and play your Tron! It will be Trontastic!!!

#4 11 years ago

I lived in Abbotsford for awhile, but now I'm in Calgary does that count?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

OK Steve, me and you. You come play my Tron, then I will come by and play your Tron! It will be Trontastic!!!

Rock on! Shouldn't be too hard to organize with just the two of us. We'll have to figure something out.

Quoted from schwarz:

Do you cheer for the Calgary Flames or by chance are you still a Canucks fan? If you're still a Canucks fan then it's all good, you're welcome to stop by and play whenever you're out this way

Just kiddin....if you're cheering for the Flames it's still all good, Flames fans are welcome as well! I've got some family in Calgary and I've always liked the Flames (especially back in the late 80s when they had guys like Mullen, Loob, Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Macinnis, Suter, Fleury and good ol' Mike Vernon between the pipes). Man they had an awesome team back then.

#6 11 years ago

I most definately am not a flames fan. Still hold the canucks dear, them and the jets.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

I most definately am not a flames fan. Still hold the canucks dear, them and the jets.

Love the Jets as well, it's awesome to see them back in Winnipeg! Best thing the NHL has done in a long time was to put a team back there.

#8 11 years ago

Loads of pinball in the Fraser Valley and Tri-Cities, Vancouver

flipperfreaks.com
    vrpa.ca

FWIW I used to live in Calgary back in the 70's now in Coquitlam, I am not a fan of either the Flames and Stampeders. Now I was a fan of the Calgary Cowboys remember them?

#9 11 years ago

I was born in 75 and lived in Manitoba til I was 18 so no recollection of the cowboys. I do however see actual cowboys in Calgary almost daily.

#10 11 years ago

Also didn't recall the Calgary Cowboys but a quick google search brought up plenty of information for the 2 year stint the Calgary Cowboys had in the WHA. Sure was a long time ago.

Excellent point WOZ about the Vancouver Regional Pinball Association, definitely lots of good pinheads there.

#11 11 years ago

Oilers rule...Flames and Nucks can eat it

Oh Tron is amazing too...

Tom

#12 11 years ago

Placing 29th out of 30 last year is not my definition of ruleing.
    Although it's better than 30th out of 30 so I guess it's still an improvement on the two years previous.

#13 11 years ago

They rule the draft hahah

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

They rule the draft

Got that right. On my Yahoo Fantasy team I've got Nugent Hopkins and Yakupov, looking forward to seeing what those two young studs will do! I drafted Yakupov back in September of 2011 and I've been waiting for a long time now to actually see him play in the NHL.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

They rule the draft hahah

That they do.

#16 11 years ago

I'm in the valley, we're not that rare!!

Oh, and GO LEAFS!!!

#17 11 years ago

Well Sean it looks like our Tron festivus has went from just the two of us to possibly 6, all in just 1 day! Just have to get Meh out from Calgary and Tomdotcom down from the Loops and we've got some good times.

As of this point we've got a couple of Canuck fans, and the Jets, Oilers, Leafs and the Calgary Cowboys covered as well. Just have to round up a Flames fan, Habs fan and a Nordiques fan and we've got all of Canada squared away!

It's just like what Hannibal of the A Team used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together" (well as of right now we don't have a plan, but hopefully we'll be able to pull something together).

#18 11 years ago

I'm a Habs and Oilers fan. And I vacation in Kelowna. Can I join? You guys can play my collection if you are ever in Edmonton.

#19 11 years ago

Another nice goal by Yakupov in OT tonight... If Hemsky would stop overhandling the puck and pass he could get 30 this year.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

'm a Habs and Oilers fan. And I vacation in Kelowna. Can I join? You guys can play my collection if you are ever in Edmonton.

Another one for the Oilers and we can cross the Habs off our list, got that one taken care of. Nice.

You bet you can join, one can never have enough pinball friends! If you vacation in Kelowna I've got an A-Team type plan coming together....I'll put the Tron in the back of the Enclave and head on up, Sean you get the generator, some gas and bring your laser level, Tom you bring the external sub, and the rest of the fellas can bring the beer and lawnchairs and we'll meet on the beach and set up shop. Well have the Tron pumping in no time and keep it rockin' through the night. Might even meet some new friends as well... (or some enemies depending on how late at night it is and how loud it is).

Apollyon - just might take you up on the offer, my dad lives out in Vegreville and every once in a while I'll get back there to visit him. Next time I'm in Edmonton I'll let you know, and if you're ever out in the Port Coquitlam area feel free to stop by.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Another nice goal by Yakupov in OT tonight

Saw that the Nailer bagged another one, so far the rookie is looking pretty good!

#22 11 years ago

Pinball beach party, woohoo, that sounds like hella good, times!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Buckman:

Apollyon - just might take you up on the offer, my dad lives out in Vegreville and every once in a while I'll get back there to visit him. Next time I'm in Edmonton I'll let you know, and if you're ever out in the Port Coquitlam area feel free to stop by.

Buckles - just PM me and let me know when you are going to be in town. Happy to have you over.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Buckles - just PM me and let me know when you are going to be in town. Happy to have you over.

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the invite!

#25 11 years ago

All of you need to head back to the title of the thread and have another read...... It says looking for pinheads...... you guys are all a bunch of puckheads!!

Ok so we meet in Kelowna for a pinball beach party!!! No speedo's...... that's my only rule!!!

Steve, I will have to get out to your place one of these days, so I can try out that MM, and LOTR of yours.

Cheers guys!

#26 11 years ago

So beach party with no bottoms allowed. Got it. I'll bring the sausage... Oh no wait, you meant something else. Nevermind.

#27 11 years ago

..on your way to Kelowna... stop in Kamloops! We have a great line of of pins at The Fun Factor Fun Centre. Currently we have brand new ACDC, Transformers, Addams Family, SWE1. Also a great selection of pinballs at our other Fun Centre at Scotch Creek Fun Centre located by Shuswap Lake (Open May until September!) - trying to keep pinball alive our in the wild west of the the Interior!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

Steve, I will have to get out to your place one of these days, so I can try out that MM, and LOTR of yours.

Anytime Sean, and remember, also got cold beer in the fridge!

Quoted from thefoxxman:

..on your way to Kelowna... stop in Kamloops! We have a great line of of pins at The Fun Factor Fun Centre. Currently we have brand new ACDC, Transformers, Addams Family, SWE1

Anytime we're driving through the Loops' we always make a pit stop (usually McDonalds). Next time I think we'll shake things up, would much rather play a few games of pinball versus picking up a Big Mac

#29 11 years ago

How about those hawks? Lots of pinballers in the valley just maybe not so much in the wack

#30 11 years ago

I drive through there every year Alaska bound would love to stop by and playa pin or too as I go about 4 months without playing much

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How about those hawks? Lots of pinballers in the valley just maybe not so much in the wack

How about those Hawks? Guess we'll find out tonight Trev?

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Buckman:

Also didn't recall the Calgary Cowboys but a quick google search brought up plenty of information for the 2 year stint the Calgary Cowboys had in the WHA. Sure was a long time ago.
    Excellent point WOZ about the Vancouver Regional Pinball Association, definitely lots of good pinheads there.

I was lucky enough to see Bobby Hull playing with the Jets and I still have the program from the game.

VRPA membership is capped out at the moment - so you may have to go on the wait list if you want to join. There is a web-only membership option.

#33 11 years ago

BTW local pinball celebrity Robert Gagno will be in attendance at the Canucks/Hawks game tonight

#34 11 years ago

Yes, to watch the shit hawks kill the Canucks. 6-2 in hawks favour, my lock of the week.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

Hey Guys
    Just thought I would throw this out there, and see who lives in the same area as me. Looking to meet a few pinsiders that want to meet up and have some pinball gatherings. Sound off if your interested.
    Cheers Sean

I used to get out there often. To Surrey. And, in your town of Chilliwack; I called on Ty-Crop Industries.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

I used to call on Magnum Trailer in Abbotsford. They make most of the luggage transport trailers used in Canadian Airports.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I used to call on Magnum Trailer in Abbotsford. They make most of the luggage transport trailers used in Canadian Airports.

Got my pilots license at BC Helicopters right close to the airport there in Abbotsford, can't say I miss that town much. Vancouver was awesome though.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes, to watch the shit hawks kill the Canucks. 6-2 in hawks favour, my lock of the week.

Canucks win 2-1 in penalty shoot out.

Got any Superbowl predictions Trev?

4 months later
    #39 10 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

How about those Hawks? Guess we'll find out tonight Trev?

How about those hawks now?

Gatorade me bitch.

#40 10 years ago

How the Canucks doing these days...anymore cup runs lately?

Guess they gonna ride luongo all the way to league cellar. Oh well in 10 years they can try and build a new team after luongo and the sisters retire.

1 year later
    #41 9 years ago

BUMP

Anyone out there in the Fraser Valley that might want to get together for some pinball? I'm still located in Chilliwack, and now have Sterns Star Trek in my basement. Really been enjoying the new code, and would like to share the joy of the silver ball with other pin people.

Cheers Sean

1 week later
    #42 9 years ago

I'll be there on Friday and hopefully Sunday if I qualify for the finals. It would be great to meet up with some fellow Pinsiders as I know there are quite a few from Vancouver area now.

#43 9 years ago

Good luck everyone, I won't be able to make it this year, but it was a great event last time, and looks to be even better this go around!! Here's me from last year

4.jpg4.jpg

44.jpg44.jpg

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrawler:

BUMP
    Anyone out there in the Fraser Valley that might want to get together for some pinball? I'm still located in Chilliwack, and now have Sterns Star Trek in my basement. Really been enjoying the new code, and would like to share the joy of the silver ball with other pin people.
    Cheers Sean

Well, if the offer is open, I happen to make my way to the Kootenays all the time!
    I just moved out to Nanaimo, but have family out in Grand Forks and Kelowna. How's about a couple rounds o ST?! Beer's on me of course!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fraser-valley-british-columbia-roll-call-looking-for-pinheads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.