(Topic ID: 40250)

Frankenstein. To buy or not to buy. That is the question.

By Muppet_Man

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Muppet_Man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bump.gif
#1 11 years ago

Justs seen a Frankenstein machine for sale, which appears to be in good working order, including the DMD and monster.

Anyone got one and want to convince me it's a good game to own?

Cheers

Bump.gifBump.gif

#2 11 years ago

Its my favorite right now in my collection.

#3 11 years ago

If your game line up is correct, it's a good option. It plays extremely similarly to Jurassic Park, although in a big collection I don't think that's bad. If you don't have JP, it's a great option.

#4 11 years ago

Collection details are up to date goatdan.

A Creature From The Black Lagoon,
A Scared Stiff,
A WhiteWater
A Johnny Mnemonic

Good to hear SRS. Thanks

#5 11 years ago

Go for it, I think it gets a bad rep for being shallow and the DMD issues but there's more depth there than you would think. Check out this gameplay video:

#6 11 years ago

In my experience, I had a Cyclone, Taxi, BSD and Frank in my game room, everyone would come over to see the Mist ball and play the BSD, and everyone would end up leaving loving the Frankenstein. In my opinion a very under-rated pin. When I went to sell mine, I had 3 people in a bidding war to buy it.

#7 11 years ago

I have CFTBL, BSD, TZ, TFTC and MSF. Love it. VERY under-rated pin!

#8 11 years ago

Good to hear these comments, although it's looking likely that I might have to part with some cash.

Thanks for the vid Crash. Looks manic to say the least, especially during multi-ball. I also like the four pop bumper set up.

It's looking good.

Cheers guys

#9 11 years ago

Loved mine when I owned it, miss it now and want it again. Fun theme if you like monster "B" movies, great call outs.

#10 11 years ago

Now I've got to hope nobody else reads this post and decides they want it as well.

#11 11 years ago

Yeah I miss mine too! Where you live muppet_man? hahah

#12 11 years ago

Owned one as well and really a unique game....One of the better multiball sequences to start.

#13 11 years ago

Your welcome to play it KMP if I get it, but I'm thinking it's going to be a long trip.

#14 11 years ago

My girlfriend would kill me if I ever got rid of mine. It's her favorite game. Everyone who comes over is drawn to it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think it gets a bad rep for being shallow

I've never really heard of anyone saying MSF is shallow....the ruleset is actually quite deep. It does get bagged on quite a bit for other reasons, but I loved mine the few years we had it. I wouldn't mind owning another one someday.

#16 11 years ago

The pin is unique. To launch the ball you have that electric switch to 'throw'. Multiballs are tremendous and it has great sounds. You didn't mention the price for it . . . I wouldn't pay more than $1,500 for it unless it is in pristine condition. At least that's my opinion. I doubt I will ever sell mine. It looks great sitting beside my BSD.

#17 11 years ago

I am looking for one in the michigan area and if anyone has one.. Thanks!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

The pin is unique. To launch the ball you have that electric switch to 'throw'

Definitely one of the neatest ball launch mechs ever.

Not to hijack the thread, but just in case any MSF owners here need/want a spare, I still have a nice used one that I'd sell. PM me if interested....

#19 11 years ago

I have one in a collection of games such as ToM, BR, CP, RFM, BSD and I like it as much as those other games. Maybe even more than others.

#20 11 years ago

It's worth running through the collection.
Terry.

#21 11 years ago

Mine gets more play than anything in my collection. Guests seem to love it as well. I'm surprised it is still available in the $1300-$1800 range. Mines not leaving anytime soon. Plus its My girlfriends favorite

#22 11 years ago

I restored one about 5 years ago because the theme was cool. Ends up I sold it because I thought the music & sounds were terrible,& I just couldn't get into it. Plus the monster would throw the ball SDTM most the time! That's one pin I sold & never want back.

#23 11 years ago

Big bang for the buck! A must, if you're going for the horror theme!

#24 11 years ago

Now I've got a two day waiting game.

I'll let you know.

Cheers for the comments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frankenstein-to-buy-or-not-to-buy-that-is-the-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.