• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Spraynard
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Pretty neat for data east/sega fans
ebay number: 130747127974
6 were made, 2 are not accounted for...I'm curious if sonic is running on that huge dmd

#2 7 years ago

wow, I thought BF was the next first Sega. Damn, that's pretty cool. No wonder I don't mind Frankenstein, it's technically a DE

#3 7 years ago

PM sent to him. He is decently local to me. I can't pay anywhere near that asking price but I figure If I bring him cash, drive to him to pick it up, and avoid some ePay fee's maybe we can work something out...

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

PM sent to him. He is decently local to me. I can't pay anywhere near that asking price but I figure If I bring him cash, drive to him to pick it up, and avoid some ePay fee's maybe we can work something out...

Good luck! It will tide you over while you continue to fix up that TFTC you got

#5 7 years ago

Looks like a nice pin- Frank is an underrated pin imo. A must is to do a flipper upgrade. Never could stand stock flippers on those huge dmd pins. Very cool pin indeed, good luck!

#6 7 years ago

Nice machine! I can see the Sega logo on the apron though, looks like just the cabinet has the DE logos. My bet is Sonic is on the DMD.

#7 7 years ago

I finally learned something today.

#8 7 years ago

I though Maverick was the last game during the DE / Sega switchover. I figured Data East was completely out of their system by Frankenstein.

On a side note: I'm surprised I have never seen anyone mention Frankenstein - X-Men similarities. I had never though of it until I played a Frankenstein at PAPA and it defiantly has some similarities.

#9 7 years ago

I searched with the number and it didn't work...what gives?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I searched with the number and it didn't work...what gives?

ebay.com link » Data East Sega Frankenstein Pinball Huo Rare Prototype Only 6 Made

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Looks like a nice pin- Frank is an underrated pin imo. A must is to do a flipper upgrade. Never could stand stock flippers on those huge dmd pins. Very cool pin indeed, good luck!

What is this flipper upgrade you speak of?

#12 7 years ago

what's wrong with stock flippers? My BF plays just fine.

#13 7 years ago

I know Baywatch was in desperate need of the flipper upgrade.

#14 7 years ago

The stock flippers on the 4 large dmd games are some how dumbed down from the factory from what I have experienced. After those 4 pins, such as starship troopers, lost in space, lost world, etc, the flippers are super strong, and they run a different board set. However, it's also not the case with GNR/WWF as those are the last true data easts, and I never had issue with previous D/E either, just those 4 segas for some reason do not have good flipping power. There has been much discussion on BMF upgraded flippers, did it myself when I owned it and it was much impoved.

There is a flipper upgrade with LOTR coils for batman from pinball life I think it was, and frankenstein plays horribly if the flippers are weak (the ramp shot...ughhh)...almost all the ones I have played have had crappy flipper power. I'd love to have a frank and put the right stuff in the flippers because I know it's a fun pin.

#15 7 years ago

I haven't experienced this flipper problem. I have a Frank and a Maverick that both flip perfectly.

#16 7 years ago

My MSF flippers were very spongy, even after a full flipper rebuild. It would take a perfect shot
to make the ramp. The only other big dmd I've played is BMF and it suffered from the same
flipper ailment.

#17 7 years ago

I wonder if it is the flipper driver board that is weak instead.

Also, dataeast did upgrade their flipper boards a couple times around this time.

#18 7 years ago

It's a weird issue- when the flipper coils are upgraded, it makes a difference but I've never seen it be as strong as a bally/williams or late sega/ stern pin

#19 7 years ago

That's the thing, my Tommy has really strong flippers and I haven't even rebuilt them. I don't
understand how basically the same company progressed from nice strong and solid flippers to
the limp ones they put on their first four Sega's.

#20 7 years ago

I have MSF and BW and the flippers are strong on both. In fact I sometimes can backhand ramp shots. The flips were rebuilt on both but as far as I know they still have factory coils.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Frankenstein plays horribly if the flippers are weak (the ramp shot...uuUUUUGGGHHHhhh... NOO!!

Fixed it for you.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Fixed it for you.

I've had a bad day, and that made me laugh. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside