3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ghostcri
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ghostcri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys, I have a Frankenstein that I have been working on that ironically was struck by lighting. I got it fully working finally but it seemed that overnight it developed a new set of issues...

FYI: The MPU and power supply boards have both been replaced with Rottendog boards.

It was playing great, but now a new issues has popped up where the flashers no longer work and the machine shoots out balls during gameplay. After troubleshooting the trough switches I discovered that when you hit certain switches (right sling, right outlane, right inlane) it will trigger the autolauncher coil.

Other switches (left sling, a ramp switch) will trigger the ball trough coil and push a ball into the shooter lane which then activates the autolauncher coil and puts a ball into play.

In test, all of the switches check out fine and do not activate any other switches or coils. But when testing the flashers, none of them work and instead coils fire off instead of the flasher bulbs.

I double checked and reseated all of the MPU and PPB connections and everything seems to be in its proper spot. This issue is really stumping me as it was working fine literally 24 hours earlier!

Could the PPB board have suddenly developed some issue and need replacing?

Thanks for any help!

#2 3 years ago

Have an update on my problem.

I tried reflowing the relay solder joints and the connections that it goes to as I did see a few cold solder joints but it made no difference. I also swapped in a new Rottendog PPB board and it also did not help.

I double checked with the manual all of the MPU, Power Supply and PPB connections and everything is in its right spot. I went into diagnostics again and when in Cycling Flashers, none of the flashers go off but instead all of the coils cycle.

I also noticed that in test, several coils were not working. The right and left trapdoors, the GI relay, creature throw, diverter, laser kick all did not work in test.

All fuses were pulled and checked out fine. Again, this has a brand new Rottendog MPU and Power Supply.

I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3 3 years ago

Well, I guess I will update this again.

I put the old Frankenstein MPU back in and the coils/flashers etc started working properly again. Looks like I'll be sending this Rottendog board back for repair or replacement...

#4 3 years ago

Looks like I won't now that it seems Rottendog is out of business... FML

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ghostcri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frankenstein-shooting-extra-balls-into-play?tu=Ghostcri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.