(Topic ID: 275629)

Frank from TNT has Quit TNT? (Confirmed)

By mypin1800

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I was in a chat with an ex employee from tnt and they stated that Frank has quit his job at TNT.
    Does anyone have any information on this?

Added over 4 years ago: I'm hearing that Frank is working for Jersey Jack Pinball. They probably want an exclusive to his battery board which would be a smart move on Jersey Jack's part. I have Frank's battery boards in all my pins and never had a problem they worked perfect.

Added over 4 years ago: Todd has referenced in one of his videos that Frank was his right hand man. Frank has single handedly kept TNT running for years. When the best or most valued employee leaves a company its usually the demise of that company. Without FRANK at TNT what are you left with, a fossil running the show. Todd should of got down on his knees begging Frank not to leave , offered him more money or TNT stock options anything to keep him at TNT. What was Todd thinking by letting Frank walk away?

Added over 4 years ago: Frank was the master of one liners infront of and behind the camera. He is the reason TNT videos are enjoyable to watch. I've noticed lately he has been absent from the videos and the videos have been lacking comedy and originality. Now the videos have the rack jumping idiot and lets not forget sweat pant steven another minus for TNT. No good reason to watch TNT videos I guess its time to hit the unsubscribe button.

#2 3 years ago

Which one was frank? I would have quit too if I had to listen to those guys for eight hours everyday.

#3 3 years ago

This is your first forum post?

#4 3 years ago

Seemed like the one with the most electronic experience. Hope their board work doesn't suffer too much. Might just a temp thing. Not enough work with the virus to go around. He dose have like two kids. Should run like a sale or something for his battery boards if he needs money.

#5 3 years ago

I’ve met Frank before, he’s a great guy. He does outstanding work. I wonder if he went to work for Stern or Jersey Jack?

#6 3 years ago

Franks a good dude, met him at expo, have his board in one of my machines. Maybe got sick of svs hangn around.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from mypin1800:

I was in a chat with an ex employee from tnt and they stated that Frank has quit his job at TNT.
    Does anyone have any information on this?

More importantly, who are you?

#8 3 years ago

I met Frank this summer, he was a great guy. He had to take a leak behind my shed because my dogs were in the house and would have jumped him.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I met Frank this summer, he was a great guy. He had to take a leak behind my shed because my dogs were in the house and would have jumped him.

Well thanks for sharing that and making me laugh.

#10 3 years ago

Who?

#11 3 years ago

Aww fuck no way!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Now that's the kind of inside info that I come here to read. Four stars.

#13 3 years ago

The majority of Todd's staff was laid off due to covid. I would guess Frank had to do what he needed, in order to provide for his family. I only saw him in one video since the whole covid started. I learned after the fact that he was at our LAX Louisville Arcade Expo this March. Would've liked to have met him.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The majority of Todd's staff was laid off due to covid. I would guess Frank had to do what he needed, in order to provide for his family. I only saw him in one video since the whole covid started. I learned after the fact that he was at our LAX Louisville Arcade Expo this March. Would've liked to have met him.

Exactly this. He was laid off due to COVID. It caught him off guard, he was upset and ended up taking his pinball machines (and welding equipment) out of TNT.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Crazy, I was there in June and had the pleasure of meeting Frank and Todd, and the other usuals in his videos now.
    Frank didn’t seem bothered at the time and they were just starting to get a lot of orders.
    I was just at EC amusements not far outside of Philly and those guys were HAMMERED with orders. Most arcade & pinball retailers are busier than ever before now that people have lots of free money and are bored to tears at home.

Just look at this website getting a huge influx of newbies!

They are definitely busy enough now to justify keeping him on. He’s one of the essentials!
    VanStinker is a strong demoralizer to anyone around him, so that’s at the top of the list.
    Perhaps Frank was driven mad staring at the same stained sweatypants every day for months on end?

#16 3 years ago

I feel like this is pinside’s version of John Barron.

#17 3 years ago

Yeah I saw him at lax and went up and
    said hi. He's a big dude. He was nice and when
    I said " hey love your videos on YouTube " he said
    in that Frank voice "those aren't my videos". It was cool
    to meet him.
    I stopped watching tnt videos back
    in February because Todd made a joke about Kobe Bryant
    death and it.just.turned me off instantly. This was.just like
    10 days or so after the crash. Otherwise I always
    enjoyed tnt on youtube.

#18 3 years ago

Todd has said many times in his videos lately he'd sell everything for the right price. He's been doing a LOT of bargain basement videos lately too, I'm guessing he has to let a lot of titles go just to keep things afloat. I think he was barely getting by before covid, it has to really be tough during this.

#19 3 years ago

Please be aware that the OP in this thread was previously know as pintim80, and had a prior encounter with TNT on the forums.

Personally, unless what has been said above is corroborated by someone else, I would take it with a grain of salt.

#20 3 years ago

Op blocked from site already. Sounds like a double account. Steven is that you?

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Op blocked from site already. Sounds like a double account. Steven is that you?

I was thinking the GRC sex offender guy.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I was thinking the GRC sex offender guy.

Huge rivalry amongst them guys.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Please be aware that the OP in this thread was previously know as pintim80, and had a prior encounter with TNT on the forums.
    Personally, unless what has been said above is corroborated by someone else, I would take it with a grain of salt.

In your best Todd impression....." Ahhh yes, Pin Tim and his sons......."

#24 3 years ago

Hi everyone...rather than let mypin1800 who started this thread, who is also pintim80 from the "unsafe website thread", and who also falsely made offers on our Best Offer Sale Events under three gmail accounts (which we determined had the same ip addresses) , fester this rumor any further (mypin1800 has been rightly blocked now on pinside), I will now tell everyone here what is going on.
    Frank has decided to move on to further his career at this time, about two weeks ago. Unknown to many, Frank was an employee here at TNT full time for a number of years long before we started the YouTube channel and left back then to work for an arcade chain, until they downsized. He returned to TNT perhaps 8 years ago and has been a great employee here at TNT. We are referring service calls to him now (non TNT games) and continue to sell his wonderful battery boards. We are wishing him well of course, but you will continue to see him in upcoming videos since we are weeks behind. Of course we will all miss his droll fun comments while filming, but he will probably make appearances in other videos and I am sure you will see him at shows. He has a website too, where he also sells his stuff www.noquartersarcade.com You will also see Frank and I in an amazing video where we restore a Bally Six Million Dollar Man filmed here and at a Pintastic show seminar a few years ago, when I get time to edit the elaborate video. So you will still get to hear me bellow out FFFRRRAAANNNKKKK again!
    I am pleased to also announce that Joe Conners, from his company COIN SERVICE TECHNOLOGY, is joining us at TNT Amusements. He has been repairing boards since 1977--two years before I opened TNT Amusements. He has already appeared in numerous TNT videos over the years and is a master at his craft of board repairs. He will nicely round out our TNT staff and also bring to TNT hundreds of PCB boards and a bunch of machines that we will also begin offering for sale. We will introduce Joe to everyone after the move in is finished in mid September!
    Well, now you heard it...direct from the source! Todd N. Tuckey

#25 3 years ago

Dang , gonna miss Frank.

#26 3 years ago

Well, main question - can Joe Conners trade insults as well as Frank?

Best of luck to Frank, only had the opportunity to meet him once, and he was a super nice guy.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Hi everyone...rather than let mypin1800 who started this thread, who is also pintim80 from the "unsafe website thread", and who also falsely made offers on our Best Offer Sale Events under three gmail accounts (which we determined had the same ip addresses) , fester this rumor any further (mypin1800 has been rightly blocked now on pinside), I will now tell everyone here what is going on.
    Frank has decided to move on to further his career at this time, about two weeks ago. Unknown to many, Frank was an employee here at TNT full time for a number of years long before we started the YouTube channel and left back then to work for an arcade chain, until they downsized. He returned to TNT perhaps 8 years ago and has been a great employee here at TNT. We are referring service calls to him now (non TNT games) and continue to sell his wonderful battery boards. We are wishing him well of course, but you will continue to see him in upcoming videos since we are weeks behind. Of course we will all miss his droll fun comments while filming, but he will probably make appearances in other videos and I am sure you will see him at shows. He has a website too, where he also sells his stuff www.noquartersarcade.com You will also see Frank and I in an amazing video where we restore a Bally Six Million Dollar Man filmed here and at a Pintastic show seminar a few years ago, when I get time to edit the elaborate video. So you will still get to hear me bellow out FFFRRRAAANNNKKKK again!
    I am pleased to also announce that Joe Conners, from his company COIN SERVICE TECHNOLOGY, is joining us at TNT Amusements. He has been repairing boards since 1977--two years before I opened TNT Amusements. He has already appeared in numerous TNT videos over the years and is a master at his craft of board repairs. He will nicely round out our TNT staff and also bring to TNT hundreds of PCB boards and a bunch of machines that we will also begin offering for sale. We will introduce Joe to everyone after the move in is finished in mid September!

Love your videos Todd , they give me something to watch during my lunch break . Hope you and the guys get through all of this crap and are around for many years to come .

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Todd has said many times in his videos lately he'd sell everything for the right price. He's been doing a LOT of bargain basement videos lately too, I'm guessing he has to let a lot of titles go just to keep things afloat. I think he was barely getting by before covid, it has to really be tough during this.

Surprised to hear this. I have tech friends that are thriving in covid. People are home a lot more with nothing to do but get games or get games fixed.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Surprised to hear this. I have tech friends that are thriving in covid. People are home a lot more with nothing to do but get games or get games fixed.

Still it's hard when you can't assemble your workforce

Can only speak for myself but it's kinda... "unplanable" times, to say the least

#30 3 years ago

Yeah these are guys that work for themselves so it’s easier.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Sad to hear, but glad you and Frank are doing okay..! I'll miss the dynamic you had together, and feel fortunate to have met both of you legends in your native habitat two years ago.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frank-from-tnt-has-quit-tnt- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.