Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37AB942B-43B7-4382-AC29-1D7EEB84F657 (resized).jpeg
    A29E45A7-FEAE-4DCE-99FA-7F0E4E0686D6 (resized).jpeg
    70764119-95C4-4E90-BD81-825CF903E6E5 (resized).jpeg
    81hHnQoBlBL._SX466_ (resized).jpg
    8D54C256-175F-4E70-9BA6-2258A4801EB1 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.40 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.55 AM (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    37CFAFF7-2E0C-4589-B190-02F54FC25B9F (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Looks amazing! Would have been a cool pin i bet.

37CFAFF7-2E0C-4589-B190-02F54FC25B9F (resized).jpeg37CFAFF7-2E0C-4589-B190-02F54FC25B9F (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Damn! Anybody no the story behind this piece?

#3 4 years ago

Franchi is the best. Sometimes I look at a Munsters pin and think to myself I have to have one, but then I realize I’m only saying that because of the art!

#4 4 years ago

Stupid not to have him working at Stern. Would’ve been a great pin.

#5 4 years ago

Let's hope Stern is still doing this game in the future.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Let's hope Stern is still doing this game in the future.

Going by other threads only Spooky can make good games...

#8 4 years ago

Maybe cgc will do Free Willy with Chris... basically just a PG version of jaws... right?

#9 4 years ago

American Pinball would do a better job then Stern or Spooky

#10 4 years ago

Looks really good would have been cool.

#12 4 years ago

Cool. Are they in front of a Stargate?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Cool. Are they in front of a Stargate?

I had to look again...

#14 4 years ago

I love it.

Would any prints be available? (Not a Universal lawyer I swear)

#15 4 years ago

It looks like a giant porthole.

#16 4 years ago

But that guys art is incredible no doubt.

#17 4 years ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago

Any playfield shots?!

#19 4 years ago

I dont believe the pf ever came to fruition, just the translite.

#20 4 years ago
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.55 AM (resized).png
    #22 4 years ago

To bad there won’t be a Seaquest pin...it even had a taking dolphin
    8D54C256-175F-4E70-9BA6-2258A4801EB1 (resized).jpeg8D54C256-175F-4E70-9BA6-2258A4801EB1 (resized).jpeg

#23 4 years ago

I love this piece, saw it posted on the TPF Facebook page. I'm hoping to get one at TPF (he's only releasing 75 of them) if he's not sold out by the time I get to him and if they're not ridiculously priced. Sadly, I think this is about the closest we're going to get to a JAWS pin. That's my dream theme, but everything I've been reading for the last year tells me it won't get made.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

To bad there won’t be a Seaquest pin...it even had a taking dolphin
    [quoted image]

Jonathon Brandis' Estate won't allow his image to be used after his suicide.

Just kidding, it's probably OK.

#25 4 years ago

A Jaws pinball machine would have been cool... in the 1970s.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I live in the past.

#27 4 years ago

Odd how he did a great job of the humans but that shark looks bad.

#28 4 years ago

I would buy a print...are these available?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I would buy a print...are these available?

TPF only

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I wonder if that's a subtle but deliberate nod to all the problems with "Bruce" the mechanical shark being now so well known as to be part of this movie's lore. The shark even looks bad in the movie once you pay attention, and at this point who hasn't seen it at "Jaws: The Ride" (is that still an attraction)? Still a pretty neat piece. The stargate is the most glaring element IMHO.

#31 4 years ago

Was Jaws actually slated to be made, or was this just fan art?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Was Jaws actually slated to be made, or was this just fan art?

More of a guy making some money off of art he knows all of us will buy....lol And I thank him for it..............

#33 4 years ago

They need shipping on this!! Can't make the show....

#34 4 years ago

If you haven't seen this interview, here it is. Kinda explains a few things. Too bad he parted ways with Stern.

#35 4 years ago

Nobody traces better!

#36 4 years ago

I understand that some like the art he produces, in my opinion, he isnt someone I think is good for the pinball community.

How many times has he been caught selling unlicensed art, selling work he did under work for hire, and straight up ganking other artists works?

How many times has any of that happened to Zombie Yeti?

There are a lot of good artists out there, so many artists probably dont even know theres work to be had in pinball... let's give them a shot! I'm glad that companies like Stern have wised up and parted ways with this bad egg, just my 2 cents.

Quoted from cait001:

Lolololol... cause all dude does is trace pre-existing art... and there he was tracing photos of actual people vs. a fake shark

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think the 80's would have been better, more advanced mechanisms were being implemented.

81hHnQoBlBL._SX466_ (resized).jpg81hHnQoBlBL._SX466_ (resized).jpg
    #38 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I think the 80's would have been better, more advanced mechanisms were being implemented.

Hungry hungry hippos!

#39 4 years ago

Yall must be high... this art is amazeballs.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I think the 80's would have been better, more advanced mechanisms were being implemented.[quoted image]

Quoted from o-din:

Hungry hungry hippos!

Jesus you guys should see the horrible quality HHH is in these days. Just got a new version for X-mas....sad.

#41 4 years ago

As a avid boater/fisher/surfer/boogie boarder it’s probably the only theme I’d still buy..

I guess with all the superheroes and turtle ninjas and toy stories it just isn’t popular anymore in the 2020s.

#42 4 years ago

Jaws is an instant buy for me. Watch it every year and it still holds up. I watch it in the house, in the pool, and sitting in the bay. Cocktails only make it better. Doesn’t matter that the movie is 45 years old (older than me!), everybody knows the theme and the story. No movie has ever influenced behavior in the public more than Jaws. Hell, 60 Minutes had a piece on Sunday about great white sharks and the impact that Jaws has had.

Plus, if you can watch the Indianapolis scene and a) don’t want to drink, b) cry because of the story of what happened, c) show your scars to anybody that is around (or your cat if you are alone), or d) all of the above you are either dead or not a red blooded American.

I don’t care if they have to go the JP2 route and have a game set “in the world of Jaws” or hell, they call it the Meg (Super dumb, super fun shark movie), I want and the world deserves a kickass shark pinball machine.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Jaws is an instant buy for me. Watch it every year and it still holds up. I watch it in the house, in the pool, and sitting in the bay. Cocktails only make it better. Doesn’t matter that the movie is 45 years old (older than me!), everybody knows the theme and the story. No movie has ever influenced behavior in the public more than Jaws. Hell, 60 Minutes had a piece on Sunday about great white sharks and the impact that Jaws has had.
    Plus, if you can watch the Indianapolis scene and a) don’t want to drink, b) cry because of the story of what happened, c) show your scars to anybody that is around (or your cat if you are alone), or d) all of the above you are either dead or not a red blooded American.
    I don’t care if they have to go the JP2 route and have a game set “in the world of Jaws” or hell, they call it the Meg (Super dumb, super fun shark movie), I want and the world deserves a kickass shark pinball machine.

Long overdue theme! Epic movie.

When we first got cable in ‘79 Star Channel played Jaws back to back all summer. I watched it over 150 times! Hell, my den is a Jaws shrine!

37AB942B-43B7-4382-AC29-1D7EEB84F657 (resized).jpeg37AB942B-43B7-4382-AC29-1D7EEB84F657 (resized).jpeg70764119-95C4-4E90-BD81-825CF903E6E5 (resized).jpeg70764119-95C4-4E90-BD81-825CF903E6E5 (resized).jpegA29E45A7-FEAE-4DCE-99FA-7F0E4E0686D6 (resized).jpegA29E45A7-FEAE-4DCE-99FA-7F0E4E0686D6 (resized).jpeg
    #44 4 years ago

Jaws would be a cool pin!! Stern still leads with innovation in game design! Glad we have choices with all the current manufactures.

#45 4 years ago

Who’s going to TPF? Anyone can grab one of these at Franchise booth? I’ll pay for your efforts!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Jaws would be a cool pin!! Stern still leads with innovation in game design! Glad we have choices with all the current manufactures.

Stern leads in innovation? Really ?
    Just curious in what way ?

#47 4 years ago

It will happen guys... 2021 Eddy. Trust me.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

2021 Eddy. Trust me.

Perhaps it will get everybody raving like his latest design.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Between this and the Gremlins rumor you are breaking a few things tonight. What do you know about Jaws?

3 years later
    #50 10 months ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/franchis-jaws-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.