6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by DrGonzo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F1_launch (resized).png
    #1 6 days ago

F1_launch (resized).pngF1_launch (resized).png

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this project for quite some time (a couple of years). So, what is it? FRAME-1 is the next-generation pinball clock, capable of showing animations, text (like callouts, for example), time, weather, and much more. New 'modules' (playlist items) will be added continuously. I will be sharing more pictures and videos soon.

Here's a breakdown of the key features:

–– 7.9" TOUCH DISPLAY ––
    The device is controlled via the touch screen, so there are no physical buttons. You can swipe to access settings, enable dark mode, etc.

–– PERSONALIZED PLAYLISTS ––
    You can choose what you'd like to see, such as time/date, DMD animations, messages, weather, videos, Pinside and IFPA statistics (like top-rated machines, player rankings), and much more.

–– FREE OTA SOFTWARE UPDATES ––
    The device will update itself over Wi-Fi whenever new updates are available

–– RGB STATUS LED ––
    There is an RGB LED on the front to indicate, for example, if the Wi-Fi is offline or when "Attract Mode" is activated.

–– WI-FI CONNECTIVITY ––
    There's built-in Wi-Fi to keep you connected. The device can still be used offline, but some features, like weather, statistics and free software updates, will require a Wi-Fi connection.

–– REAL-TIME DOT MATRIX EMULATION ––
    It can process and display almost everything in a DMD style, including any video. This will allow for some exciting upcoming features! While some content will be in dot matrix style, other content will not, making the device very versatile.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts about this? Any questions, please let me know.

#2 6 days ago

Why is a life-size FRAME-1 on the top? or is that a prototype? Other than that pretty cool!

#3 5 days ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

Why is a life-size FRAME-1 on the top? or is that a prototype? Other than that pretty cool!

Thanks! That’s just a design choice. This is why I ask for feedback; it’s great to hear what others like or dislike.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/frame-1-the-next-gen-pinball-clock-amp-desktop-companion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.