Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by flecom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 8.03.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 7.28.01 PM.png
    pezpunk-women-1.jpg
    girlsofpinball-10.jpg
    sums_it_up.jpg
    image-970.jpg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Was Listening to Fox News in the car this am when I heard a story by Phil Keating out of Miami about the renewed interest in Pinball. They were at some pinball parlor in Miami with 15 or so machines and interviewed Florida's top pinball champ of last year and this year who happen to be a father and son duo.

Nice to hear the good news.

G

#2 9 years ago

I tuned in. I also tuned into the other thread about this...

#3 9 years ago

That's always cool to hear. Always a great thing when pinball gets more exposure.

It's too bad this thread is destined to turn political.

#4 9 years ago

This is going to be on fox business channel. Up next.

#5 9 years ago

Here's hoping it goes better than the last thread on the subject, haha.

#6 9 years ago

OK, I watched it. Getting pinball out to more people is important. The PAPA quick reference is interesting. Other than that,,,

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

the renewed interest in Pinball.

Who was it that lost interest?

#8 9 years ago

Thought it was pretty good. Just needed a plug for Pinside to make it better

#9 9 years ago

Well, it's better than the one they aired around this time last year:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2930461966001/old-school-pinball-back-in-style

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The "average" person. Not us Pinheads...........

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Odin, if you lose interest in pinball please call me. I'll be there in a flash with a large cube van.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

The "average" person.

The "average" person is only interested in his or her next trip to Taco Bell.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The "average" person is only interested in his or her next trip to Taco Bell.

Or what's on Facebook...... Besides, some prefer Del Taco.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Besides, some prefer Del Taco.

Del Taco is "above average".

#16 9 years ago

Just watched it 20 min. ago. Nice to see them cover this.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

here is the clip from today..

It seems not to be working. Maybe they are out to lunch.

#18 9 years ago

works for me

#19 9 years ago

Ah, now it is.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The geezers who died.

#21 9 years ago

Is that our own PinballCorpse and son in that video? Very cool!

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Was Listening to Fox News in the car this am when I heard a story by Phil Keating out of Miami about the renewed interest in Pinball. They were at some pinball parlor in Miami with 15 or so machines and interviewed Florida's top Pinball Champ of last year and this year who happen to be a father and son duo.
    Nice to hear the good news.
    G

wow that's amazing. Fox news got something right!

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

That's always cool to hear. Always a great thing when pinball gets more exposure.
    It's too bad this thread is destined to turn political.

um, Fox news isn't political. It's hysteric fiction.

#24 9 years ago

Resurgence = cost of pins to rise more, and harder to find that one that you have been looking for.

#25 9 years ago

Cool report. Wat to go Jeff and Atticus!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Some folks just have no impulse control

#27 9 years ago

Really man? 1 thread already closed simply because some keyboard commando just had to run his mouth.
    It's a story about pinball.
    Nothing pollitical here. It could have run on any network and most of us would have watched it.
    Again, it's pinball.
    Lighten up a bit.
    If you can't say something nice then it's better to say nothing at all.

#28 9 years ago

Yikes...just watched that story. The LEDs in that IJ are exactly why everybody should put an LED OCD board in when they upgrade to LEDs. (Free plug for Herg!)

#29 9 years ago

That one guy felt he was actually controlling the ball!

#30 9 years ago

Haha, I misheard the reporter.

#31 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link. Great little story.

#32 9 years ago

Congrats to Jeff and Atticus. This is a great job by Fox of capturing not only a great south Florida arcade but a true pinball family. Anybody who has played here in Florida knows the Palmers are a force to be reckoned with!

#33 9 years ago

The article didn't really say much. I thought the best part of the story was the father and son playing and hanging out doing something they both enjoy. They were, obviously, both very enthusiastic about pinball. The dad was doing what I call the "Pinball Dance". Moving and shaking as he plays.

#34 9 years ago

wow that's amazing. Fox news got something right!

We can always count on TFA and Kaneda for douchey posts! Thanks for not disappointing

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

We can always count on TFA and Kaneda for douchey posts! Thanks for not disappointing

Just like Fox News.

#36 9 years ago

Just like Fox News.

Really, a "know you are but what am I" reply; inane as it is. Mods can we get some thread ejects on those who insist on derailing this thread?

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Really, a "know you are but what am I" reply; inane as it is. Mods can we get some thread ejects on those who insist on derailing this thread?

Consider it a public service.

#38 9 years ago

Thank you shiny. Did not see it just heard it. Thank you for the link. All good.

G

#39 9 years ago

Consider it a public service.

To make childish retorts? If so, message recieved. You're coming through loud and clear. Oh so grown-up of you.

As I said before; mods can we get a thread eject on those who insist on espousing their agenda here? Tia.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

To make childish retorts? If so, message recieved. You're coming through loud and clear. Oh so grown-up of you.
    As I said before; mods can we get a thread eject on those who insist on espousing their agenda here? Tia.

I have reported this to the mods. Just waiting for the ban hammer to fall.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Thank you shiny. Did not see it just heard it. Thank you for the link. All good.
    G

Saw it.
    Earlier thread that was locked.

Just scroll down till you see the lock..was derailed

#42 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link.

I had the pleasure of meeting and playing pinball with Jeff, Nancy and Atticus in Denver back in May.

Lovely people who have a real love for the hobby.

Actually, it was ironic ... Mum, Dad and son from Florida met Mum, Dad and Daughter from New Zealand ... All far from home, all playing pinball.

Represent!

rd.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks for sharing the link.
    I had the pleasure of meeting and playing pinball with Jeff, Nancy and Atticus in Denver back in May.
    Lovely people who have a real love for the hobby.
    Actually, it was ironic ... Mum, Dad and son from Florida met Mum, Dad and Daughter from New Zealand ... All far from home, all playing pinball.
    Represent!
    rd.

106 Machines, OMG And my girlfriend thinks I have a lot at a measly 6. Need to tell her about you for sure!!

G

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Odin, if you lose interest in pinball please call me. I'll be there in a flash with a large cube van.

If I lose interest in pinball, somebody slap me!

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I lose interest in pinball, somebody slap me!

I'll push you through a screen door!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

I'll push you through a screen door!

Too late, everyone else walked through it first.

rd.

#47 9 years ago

Ah, don't lock it. This is fun!

#48 9 years ago

Screen door's been working fine. It is Track Depot that I must visit now.
    http://www.trackdepot.com/

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I have reported this to the mods. Just waiting for the ban hammer to fall.

Instead of resorting to childish behaviour why not simply do a Google search to see that in fact Fox News is shown to be less than accurate (studies show they are only accurate approximately 18% of the time). That's not to say that other news sites are accurate either, but Fox News is known for inaccuracies. Rather than taking offense from something you could just roll with it and move along. Thumbing someone down for stating a fact (and not sure how that can even be asserted as political) seems wrong. What's next thumbing someone down that says they don't like EM'e or system 11's?

Freedom of expression and having alternate opinions should be celebrated. A simple comment like "yeah rods news is known for not always getting it right, but it's nice to see they got some coverage of pinball here" would go a lot further and the conversation would've stuck to topic.

At any rate, it's interesting to see that pinball is getting picked up in main stream media again...

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

(studies show they are only accurate approximately 18% of the time).

And I heard this study is only accurate 1% of the time…

Whatever study you want to believe… its out there.

Fox is the most scrutinized news source around and most of the negative stuff about them is all made up… fabricated. They are not perfect and yes they have their bias just like all media but get over it already. Sorry that they report on the stories that are supposed to be kept hidden from us.

This was a report on Pinball so just enjoy it and leave the Fox bashing for another day.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.