(Topic ID: 77201)

Fox Cities Pinball League forming in NE WI. Currently FULL!

By TomGWI

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1131.jpg
    sexy ref.jpg
    image-698.jpg
    referee-flag.jpg
    Cnv0232.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi Guys,
    We are starting pinball league on NE Wisconsin. If you are interested In joining please send me a pm.
    Tom.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I think a pinball league in the Fox Valley is long overdue. I'm looking forward to it.

Me too! I haven't heard from DQ yet. Hope he will see this.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh yeah, I'm in, baby!

Yeah you are.

Should have some more info in the next few days. Pinewood Derby taking up my time for a few days.

#7 10 years ago

Any pinsiders in the remote area that are interested in joining the league please send me a pm. We are having out first league night Feb 15th.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

What about us "northerners"??

You are welcome to join. I should of made this clearer.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Tom. I am interested and would like to try and make it work. Are you thinking once a month? Saturday nights always? What happens when on can't make it? Subs? Zero points for the night?
    I would really enjoy doing this and could certainly help hold the bottom of the field together? Any interest in driving here when it was my turn to host? I will give this some serious thought.

Hey Russ we would love to have you. We are thinking once a month and will try to keep it on Saturday nights as I think this will work for most.
    No subs, you play for yourself.
    If you are absent we will take 80% of the league avg. 2nd absent 60%, 3rd absent 40%.

As Eric mentioned above, we are trying to keep it within a hour driving distance. That may change at some point. Although you may not host, doesn't mean you can't join and be part of the league if you don't mind the drive.

Tom.

#13 10 years ago

We are limiting the league to 20 people. We have 10 for sure and one maybe.

#15 10 years ago

Sounds good. Glad to have you aboard Russ.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know. Sounds pretty lame to me. Heard the guys up there can't play for shit anyway.

Go back to your fancy Milwaukee area league. :p

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's right, we are all, teacups and pinky's out.

#22 10 years ago

Another bump. Now at 12 members.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

does that include your kids?

No not yet. . Plus I don't want them making me look bad in front of everyone when they beat me.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

least it would be a way to get some trophies in the house.

That is just cold.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

I am throwing a flag on Neo. Unsportsmanlike trash talking! Tom has a trophy!

Cnv0232.jpg 74 KB

Neo had already packed up and headed out before then.

#29 10 years ago

6 more spots left.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually, I don't think I even went to that tourney.

referee-flag.jpg 18 KB

Sure you did. You came in 17th place.

image-698.jpgimage-698.jpg
    #34 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Flag on the play.

sexy ref.jpg 67 KB

Nice!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Proof Neo was there. Although very dubious proof because my camera on my phone is potato.

IMG_1131.jpg 185 KB

I wonder if the picture looked clear to you when you took it.

#37 10 years ago

By the way Neo did you see........

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. and yes I already contacted him. Working it out already.

Sorry. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.

#44 10 years ago

Only 5 spots left. If you are thinking of joining and are on the fence now is the time to join.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I will toss my hat in the ring
    Tom, I will send you a pm.
    Jeremy

Your in Jeremy.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nicole likes the idea of getting me out of the house for a night each month, so what the heck...consider me in. I'll probably end up riding the absentee points rule, but hopefully not too much!
    I'm not into competing, but any excuse to hang out with you guys works for me!
    In!

Sweet Chris. Glad you are joining. If Nicole wants to join that is cool with me although if she is trying to get rid of you...then maybe not.
    Tom.

#51 10 years ago

Only 3 spots left.

#53 10 years ago

Me as well.

#54 10 years ago

Only 2 spots left.

#56 10 years ago

Just one spot left.

2 weeks later
    #64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

First league night games have been selected:
    Bally’s The Addams Family (with Gold ROMs)
    Stern’s The Family Guy
    William’s Alien Poker
    Data East’s Star Wars (with updated ROMs)

I guess Russ didn't like your pics.

1 week later
    #73 10 years ago

I have to say, our first league night went smoothly!
    Thanks for hosting, Eric!

Yes, it was packed with awesomeness.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You know what wasn't awesome? The drive home. Took 30+ minutes more than usual. The roads were pretty brutal. WTF...do they not have plows that go on 41? But I'm home and exhausted now!
    Thanks for a fun night guys...look forward to many more!

You should have crashed at my place.

2 weeks later
    #86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I forgot to mention that we have league members not only from the Fox Valley, but also Green Bay, Wausau, and Plymouth, so there may be opportunities for carpooling if you live outside the immediate Fox Valley area.

Hi Everyone. We have one spot remaining. As Eric said, you don't have to be in the immediate Fox Valley area. We are just looking for guys (or girls) that want to play some pinball. Owning a machine is not a requirement. Let Eric or myself know if you are interested in joining. March 15 is our next outing.

#88 10 years ago

Looks like we are full. Thanks guys.

5 years later
    #91 4 years ago

Wow, our league has grown in the last six years! I believe we're at 38 this year.
    Tom and Eric are still running it and still killing it! Thanks, guys, this should be the best year yet! And thanks to all the hosts too, past and present. Couldn't have a league without you! It's so generous of you to let all us pinball weirdos into your homes!

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I miss you hosting Dan! I always loved your setup and cool gizmos. I agree with everything you wrote. We are very blessed with our players and hosts. I love our league family!

Thanks Dan! Seems just like yesterday we started.

We are starting our 7th year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fox-cities-pinball-league-forming-in-wi?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.