(Topic ID: 77201)

Fox Cities Pinball League forming in NE WI. Currently FULL!

By TomGWI

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1131.jpg
    sexy ref.jpg
    image-698.jpg
    referee-flag.jpg
    Cnv0232.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Only 3 spots left.

#52 10 years ago

Glad to see this is going to fill up.

#53 10 years ago

Me as well.

#54 10 years ago

Only 2 spots left.

#55 10 years ago

Down to two open positions now.

#56 10 years ago

Just one spot left.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Just one spot left.

Nice!

#58 10 years ago

and then there was one...

Who will take it?

#59 10 years ago

Bump. One spot left, who is going to fill it?

#60 10 years ago

Hey did you hear one spot left "bump!"

#61 10 years ago

I heard. Great news for folks who live out in the middle of nowhere!

#62 10 years ago

One last bump for anyone interested in the Wisconsin Fox Valley pinball league. Our first league night is Saturday, February 15th at 6pm. I'll be hosting the first event at my house. More info can be found here:

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewforum.php?f=16

#63 10 years ago

First league night games have been selected:

Bally’s The Addams Family (with Gold ROMs)
    Stern’s The Family Guy
    William’s Alien Poker
    Data East’s Star Wars (with updated ROMs)

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

First league night games have been selected:
    Bally’s The Addams Family (with Gold ROMs)
    Stern’s The Family Guy
    William’s Alien Poker
    Data East’s Star Wars (with updated ROMs)

I guess Russ didn't like your pics.

#65 10 years ago

Since this is our first league event, I picked games that have relatively easy to understand rules and hopefully most people have been played before.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Since this is our first league event, I picked games that have relatively easy to understand rules and hopefully most people have been played before.

to hell with that... toss em to the wolves I am not sure if you guys are running a similar way to the MKE and MSN leagues but 7-8 games available (if you have them) is always nice to try and avoid repeats for the competitive part of the night. There will always be a certain amount of repeating no matter what, but 7-8 games helps decrease it to some extent.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Screw that (LOL), I made sure Jolly Park was a league game. Some of the fun is competing on the fly..... Obviously you guys will run it how you see fit, but down here, we are definitely in the "more the merrier" camp. Having as many as possible keeps people from playing the same game more than once during the night.... Just some food for thought...

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I guess Russ didn't like your pics.

Damn Iphone. I fixed it. I was happy that they were games I could play and get in the top 20. Heck, I even own one of them. As for the format, you guys do as you see fit. I am just along for the ride. I am going to have fun with this no matter what. One request though: If I get paired with Jeremy don't let him go last. He has this thing with last ball comebacks so we need to either make him go first or convince him that drinking beer improves your game.

#69 10 years ago

I figure future league events we'll open it up to other games, but taking small steps for the first league night. Next time I host, RBION and WoF will be available.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Damn Iphone. I fixed it. I was happy that they were games I could play and get in the top 20. Heck, I even own one of them. As for the format, you guys do as you see fit. I am just along for the ride. I am going to have fun with this no matter what. One request though: If I get paired with Jeremy don't let him go last. He has this thing with last ball comebacks so we need to either make him go first or convince him that drinking beer improves your game.

Naw, to be honest that was just some pre league mind games. I promise to practice restraint

#71 10 years ago

First league event is tonight at 6pm in Neenah. Last chance to jump in if you're interested. PM me if you would like to join.

#72 10 years ago

I have to say, our first league night went smoothly!

Thanks for hosting, Eric!

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I have to say, our first league night went smoothly!
    Thanks for hosting, Eric!

Yes, it was packed with awesomeness.

#74 10 years ago

You know what wasn't awesome? The drive home. Took 30+ minutes more than usual. The roads were pretty brutal. WTF...do they not have plows that go on 41? But I'm home and exhausted now!

Thanks for a fun night guys...look forward to many more!

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You know what wasn't awesome? The drive home. Took 30+ minutes more than usual. The roads were pretty brutal. WTF...do they not have plows that go on 41? But I'm home and exhausted now!

You think you had a drive? I got home at 12:17. . Had a great time. Well worth the drive.

#76 10 years ago

yea, we always try to run variety. If someone's collection is large enough, games only go in the hat once for both divisions for the night. That way nobody plays the same game twice. Sometimes you get a little overlap and if someone has 3 games to pick from, your going to get overlap by some no matter what.

#77 10 years ago

Congrats on your inaugural league night! Fun isn't it?! Double league night coming up next Saturday! talk about AWESOME! I can suck at 2 leagues at once!!

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You should have crashed at my place.

#79 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone that attended, I think we all had a good time. I think Alien Poker was pretty brutal to most players (I didn't event get to flip on my first two balls). Looking forward to next month.

#80 10 years ago

congrats on getting the first month under your belt. It'll get easier each month.

Super stoked that there are now officially 3 leagues in WI!!!!

#81 10 years ago

oh yea, we have to get out our letter to everyone as well.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oh yea, we have to get out our letter to everyone as well.

?

#83 10 years ago

about our league night this month. Universal email, remember?

1 week later
    #84 10 years ago

Our second Fox Cities Pinball League night event is on March 15. If anyone is still interested in joining, only one event was missed and you can still join. Our first event was a lot of fun and I think it will get better from there. More info here:

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewforum.php?f=16

Please PM me or Tom if interested.

Eric

#85 10 years ago

I forgot to mention that we have league members not only from the Fox Valley, but also Green Bay, Wausau, and Plymouth, so there may be opportunities for carpooling if you live outside the immediate Fox Valley area.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I forgot to mention that we have league members not only from the Fox Valley, but also Green Bay, Wausau, and Plymouth, so there may be opportunities for carpooling if you live outside the immediate Fox Valley area.

Hi Everyone. We have one spot remaining. As Eric said, you don't have to be in the immediate Fox Valley area. We are just looking for guys (or girls) that want to play some pinball. Owning a machine is not a requirement. Let Eric or myself know if you are interested in joining. March 15 is our next outing.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Yes, one fool lives 10 miles on the other side of Wausau and makes the drive.

#88 10 years ago

Looks like we are full. Thanks guys.

5 years later
    #89 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

We are limiting the league to 20 people. We have 10 for sure and one maybe.

Wow, our league has grown in the last six years! I believe we're at 38 this year.

Tom and Eric are still running it and still killing it! Thanks, guys, this should be the best year yet! And thanks to all the hosts too, past and present. Couldn't have a league without you! It's so generous of you to let all us pinball weirdos into your homes!

#90 4 years ago

Wow, our league has grown in the last six years! I believe we're at 38 this year.
    Tom and Eric are still running it and still killing it! Thanks, guys, this should be the best year yet! And thanks to all the hosts too, past and present. Couldn't have a league without you! It's so generous of you to let all us pinball weirdos into your homes!

I miss you hosting Dan! I always loved your setup and cool gizmos. I agree with everything you wrote. We are very blessed with our players and hosts. I love our league family!

#91 4 years ago

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I miss you hosting Dan! I always loved your setup and cool gizmos. I agree with everything you wrote. We are very blessed with our players and hosts. I love our league family!

Thanks Dan! Seems just like yesterday we started.

We are starting our 7th year.

#92 4 years ago

Wow, this post is a blast from the past. I remember when we started the league that I figured we could get about a dozen people to join.

Check out the picture of Tom with pants that can't easily be ripped off!

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm not into competing, but any excuse to hang out with you guys works for me!

... said the future 2018-19 Wisconsin state champion!

#94 4 years ago

Quoted when I should have edited...

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fox-cities-pinball-league-forming-in-wi/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.