4-Rare-EM-007.JPG
4-Rare-EM-001.JPG
4-Rare-EM-005.JPG
4-Rare-EM-004.JPG
4-Rare-EM-003.JPG
4-Rare-EM-002.JPG
Gemini 5.JPG
#1 9 years ago

ebay.com link: FOUR 1978 79 COLUMBIA PICTURES GOTTLIEB EM PINBALL MACHINES MEGA RARE

The current bid is $11,300.

This auction is for Gottlieb Space Walk, Joker Poker, Gemini & Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

All EMs. All in tremendous shape.

Do you think the auction will reach the reserve? If so, what is your guess for the final bid?

I do not think it will reach the reserve, which I am guessing to be $25,000.

I think the final bid will not climb higher than $12,000. I think he has a better chance of maximizing his auction by selling all four individually rather than as a lot. While cool, I only really like Gemini. The others three have better SS versions.

Thoughts?

Marcus

Post edited by Xerico: corrected eBay Link

#2 9 years ago

There had been some discussion of this in the "EM Ebay" forum I still stand by my remarks that his reserve is way high and the games are worth 34-38k. I also stated that these games should be sold separately.

#3 9 years ago

Gemini?

Bloody hell..

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Gemini?
Bloody hell..

That's serious biz right there

Gemini 5.JPGGemini 5.JPG

#5 9 years ago

This is what I get at that ebay link:

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available.

#6 9 years ago

They must have just taken it down just now.

#9 9 years ago

Here is the description from the eBay listing ( for posterity)

Description: (was posted in ALL CAPS by seller)

YOU MAY SEE ONE OF THESE MACHINES COME UP FOR SALE EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS LINE UP AGAIN ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONDITION. I AM SELLING MY FOUR CROWN JEWELS TWO ARE COMPLETLY REFURBISHED AND TWO ARE ORIGINAL. JOKER POKER AND SPACE WALK ARE THE PRODUCT OF A RAY BRACKINS RESTORATION! NOBODY DOES IT LIKE RAY HE IS THE BEST! GEMINI AND CLOSE ENCOUNTERS ARE ORIGINAL WITH EXCELLENT PLAYFIELDS AND BACKGLASSES. YOU GET TWO GLASSES WITH GEMINI THE ONE IN THE PICTURE AND A REPO AND IT IS ALSO A SAMPLE MACHINE.YOU ALSO GET TWO GLASSES WITH SPACE WALK A REPO AND A UNBRANDED GLASS WHICH IS RARE IN ITS OWN RIGHT.ALL FOUR MACHINES HAVE DC POWER AND PLAY ULTRA FAST AND POWERFUL.I AM SELLING THEM AS A SET AND WILL NOT SPLIT THEM UP SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK,ALSO THERE IS A RESEREVE AND AGAIN DON'T ASK!

Pictures:

All Four Machines in Line
4-Rare-EM-001.JPG4-Rare-EM-001.JPG

Space Walk Playfield
4-Rare-EM-002.JPG4-Rare-EM-002.JPG

Gemini Playfield
4-Rare-EM-003.JPG4-Rare-EM-003.JPG

Close Encounters Playfield
4-Rare-EM-004.JPG4-Rare-EM-004.JPG

Joker Poker Playfield
4-Rare-EM-005.JPG4-Rare-EM-005.JPG

Front Doors
4-Rare-EM-006.JPG4-Rare-EM-006.JPG
4-Rare-EM-009.JPG4-Rare-EM-009.JPG
4-Rare-EM-008.JPG4-Rare-EM-008.JPG
4-Rare-EM-007.JPG4-Rare-EM-007.JPG

Backglasses
4-Rare-EM-012.JPG4-Rare-EM-012.JPG
4-Rare-EM-011.JPG4-Rare-EM-011.JPG
4-Rare-EM-010.JPG4-Rare-EM-010.JPG

#10 9 years ago

I think bids will shoot up at the last minute and reach at least $30,000 as I am sure there are some folks who have not placed a bid hoping to hit the low on the reserve which I think is set at $25,000, but that is a guess as well.

Ken

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I updated my link as well.

Your new link still crashes out.

Cut and paste this

ebay.com/itm/FOUR-1978-79-COLUMBIA-PICTURES-GOTTLIEB-EM-PINBALL-MACHINES-MEGA-RARE-/331214870585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1df1d839/p

and then add the www prefix.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Your new link still crashes out.
Cut and paste this
ebay.com/itm/FOUR-1978-79-COLUMBIA-PICTURES-GOTTLIEB-EM-PINBALL-MACHINES-MEGA-RARE-/331214870585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1df1d839/p
and then add the www prefix.

Updated again.

Thanks for the help!

Marcus

#13 9 years ago

$13,500.00 final?

ebay.com link: FOUR 1978 79 COLUMBIA PICTURES GOTTLIEB EM PINBALL MACHINES MEGA RARE

That's totally sad. Good thing they had a reserve!

I think that next time they should consider selling them individually as others have mentioned to attract a lot more buyers. Not too many people have $30,000 to drop all at once into this hobby.

Going into Summer is also a slow time to sell a high end pinball machine too as a lot of folks are thinking more about buying a boat, cabin, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#14 9 years ago

i agree ken... individually would likely net better prices...

besides, i would guess that it is possible (probable?) that anyone who is playing in this price range likely already has at least 1 of the machines, and doesn't necessarily want to deal with a dupe, and is waiting for the seller to split them...

#15 9 years ago

If the seller is on Pinside, I'll pay $14K for the four machines right now. Save yourself the trouble of relisting as well as any eBay fees ...

Marcus

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If the seller is on Pinside, I'll pay $14K for the four machines right now. Save yourself the trouble of relisting as well as any eBay fees ...
Marcus

he isn't on pinside, he was offered 25k just for the space walk a while back and passed

#17 9 years ago

25K and passed? I would have dropped my pants and had my thumb in my mouth.

#18 9 years ago

the space walk goes for 15-17 in fair shape his is restored with 1 of the 5 repro BG shay ran
they almost never come up for sale
the rare collectors have the cash unlike us standard em guys looking for deals and gems in the rough.
for me the only one I would of wanted is the Gemini but even that goes for more than I am willing to pay for a pin.

#19 9 years ago

Few Close Encounters sold for $300-$400(ish) in my area. How much do these norm go for?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Few Close Encounters sold for $300-$400(ish) in my area. How much do these norm go for?

I think you are talking about the SS version. The EM version is much more rare and likely more like 3-4k. Price guides do not always reflect actual market conditions when it comes to these kinds of games.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I think you are talking about the SS version. The EM version is much more rare and likely more like 3-4k. Price guides do not always reflect actual market conditions when it comes to these kinds of games.

Ahhh yes. I forgot. You are correct.

#22 9 years ago

Those were SS machines... I would assume...
a EM close encounters is a totally different beast- I think they made 350 or something like that.... its my next game if I ever see one for sale for under 1K that is restorable- I have been looking and they are uncommon- not impossible to find by very rarely listed any where within a thousand miles of me and I live in an area with a few million people so not exactly the middle of no where... One thats in the shape that listing implies is probably worth a lot more- I don't play in that market but it would not surprise me to see it go well north of 3K. But its probably the "loser" of the lot offered.

I have heard the SS game plays better- and I am almost ready to give up and go that route- those are super easy to find. But I just love the EM games- the noise- the clanking- the banging the chimes yeah.. its very fun.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Those were SS machines... I would assume...
a EM close encounters is a totally different beast- I think they made 350 or something like that.... its my next game if I ever see one for sale for under 1K that is restorable- I have been looking and they are uncommon- not impossible to find by very rarely listed any where within a thousand miles of me and I live in an area with a few million people so not exactly the middle of no where... One thats in the shape that listing implies is probably worth a lot more- I don't play in that market but it would not surprise me to see it go well north of 3K. But its probably the "loser" of the lot offered.

I have heard the SS game plays better- and I am almost ready to give up and go that route- those are super easy to find. But I just love the EM games- the noise- the clanking- the banging the chimes yeah.. its very fun.

I agree, I love the sound and feel of EM's that was the only reason I hesitated and did not buy the SS. But, now that I look at the layout again it looks fun and now I wish I picked it up. I am a sucker for anything space or alien related.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kent, WA
Wanted

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/four-rare-em-lot-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.