Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jodini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

It sounds like I'll be picking up a pin I'm buying next week (Gottlieb of course) and this guy has a Four Million BC he's selling from his collection too since he's moving. I can fit another pin in my van if someone wants it. Can someone give me fair value to pay for one of these? They seem to have gotten more popular over the last year or so as I never heard much about them until lately. Anyone here looking for one?

#2 10 years ago

4 Million BC is a FUN game! Zipper Flippers! If it's in fantastic shape...grab it!
...I had one a few years ago in great shape and paid $700.

#3 10 years ago

I only collect Gottliebs but I thought someone might want it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't play a few games on it though ) Mr. Pinball has it at $1400 in the latest price guide. That's why I'm trying to get an idea on pricing. Don't know what a nice one would be worth.

#4 10 years ago

A good guy and fellow Pinsider from my town had a pretty nice example up on Ebay about 4 months back. I bid $850. It sold for $960.

#5 10 years ago

Sure, but what else ya getting?

#6 10 years ago

Thanks Alex

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sure, but what else ya getting?

Pictures when I get it back home - you never know what can happen to a deal and I don't want to jinx it ) All I can say is it is special.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

you never know what can happen to a deal and I don't want to jinx it )

Ha, that is almost exactly what another guy told me when I asked him what he was getting on a trip to Rockford. You Gottlieb guys are cut from the same cloth. Good advice though, you never know what can happen.

#9 10 years ago

Here's the numbers from bostonpinball:

Four Million B.C. 1,098 255 3695 1,015 23 1,925 2

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ha, that is almost exactly what another guy told me when I asked him what he was getting on a trip to Rockford. You Gottlieb guys are cut from the same cloth. Good advice though, you never know what can happen.

We try to stick together you know..........

#11 10 years ago

I'd be interested in it if you end up with it at a cheap price....

I'll be driving through your way on Weds, May 7th on my Hearse Route 66 journey .... So plenty of time for you to play it before I get there.

Cheers
rd

#12 10 years ago

I'm looking for one. Let me know the details when you get them.

#13 10 years ago

Hoov one could only guess that you found a North Star.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Pictures when I get it back home - you never know what can happen to a deal and I don't want to jinx it ) All I can say is it is special.

I'm all for avoiding the jinx! Good luck with the pickup.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov one could only guess that you found a North Star.

I can honestly answer that question no.

#16 10 years ago

Very good game. Someone's going to be happy.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

A good guy and fellow Pinsider from my town had a pretty nice example up on Ebay about 4 months back. I bid $850. It sold for $960.

I think that's me, but the "good guy" part makes me wonder if Alex is referring to someone else entirely!

I should have left it on Pinside a bit longer before selling. I made sort of a snap decision in selling it, and shouldn't have been so quick to list it on ebay. My listing was dumb, too - listed at the wrong time of the day. Lesson learned. I think I paid 1,150 for it if i remember right. I guess I 'lost' money on that one, but I definitely got the fun out of it.

I have a hard time determining what value some of these more sought after EMs should go for. The market just doesn't seem to be there for them any more, so maybe my selling price was pretty well in line with it's current value.

It was a really cool game, lots of features - especially for the era. To me it just felt like it was missing things to aim at.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think that's me, but the "good guy" part makes me wonder if Alex is referring to someone else entirely!

Yes! You're the guy!

I have a hard time determining what value some of these more sought after EMs should go for.

You and me both. I think our area is pretty lean when it comes to EM collectors. Most of the games I've sold have gone out of state.

It was a really cool game, lots of features - especially for the era. To me it just felt like it was missing things to aim at

I really liked it, but I think this game is heavy on novelty. It would be a hard one to have as your only EM I think.

#19 10 years ago

I have had mine for several years now. its pretty cool. multi ball etc,

I saw one go on ebay for like over three grand a few years back. Not as nice as the one I have.... Pretty sure now that it was shill bid, but I did not see it re listed.

Would I ever pay three large for a four million bc? heck no. That being said, I have no idea what the real range is that serious buyers would be in at.

#20 10 years ago

I really like that game. I sold it to Deaconblooze, and did have sellers remorse. Just had room for one pin at my primary residence, and I shuffled it out. My kids, and the neighbor kids, are still mad at me. If the right situation presented itself...I would buy another one in a minute. Maybe not a pick for a single pin, but definitely a keeper in a 3-4 or larger collection. Multi-ball, stealing multi-balls...zipper flippers, captured balls, skill shot on the plunge...too cool. The art is a bonus! Great conversation piece too. Dinasaurs...4 m BC? Awesome
Dave

#21 10 years ago

Here's another one:
columbia.craigslist.org link

Boy...I think this game is great, but only under a grand...great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/four-million-bc-value-interest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.