12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by eabundy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone ever picked up a pin in one of these. Eyeballing it seems like a no brainer and measuring seems good, but I have seen some horror stories with people getting there and it not fitting.

#2 12 years ago

I would worry about the roll bar in the back. That thing is low. I used to have one and I had trouble putting arcade cabinets in there, it was before I got into pins. Check the measurements though. You can always take the backbox off.

#3 12 years ago

I think I remember someone posting a picture or a pin in the back of a 2 door jeep wrangler. Couldn't find it though but thought it was a yellow one. Maybe they will chime in.

#4 12 years ago

I have a 4 door sahara and have carried 5 pins with ease in it. The only thing I would suggest to do is put a piece of large cardboard on the floor to slide it onto.....doesn't push very well on the carpeted mats....or rubber ones. I even fit a whole pin cab and a back box on the side of it in my jeep.....PLENTY of room.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I have a 4 door sahara and have carried 5 pins with ease in it. The only thing I would suggest to do is put a piece of large cardboard on the floor to slide it onto.....doesn't push very well on the carpeted mats....or rubber ones. I even fit a whole pin cab and a back box on the side of it in my jeep.....PLENTY of room.

No kidding? Wow! I have a TJ (last body style) and I knew the newer ones got bigger (and obviously the 4 door added the length needed), but I never imagined it would have the width, especially at the "tailgate" opening. Very cool to know...

#6 12 years ago

I fit a Bally KISS in my 2009 Jeep 2 door soft top. I left the back seat at home, put the top down and lifted cabinet over roll bar and onto wheel wells. A small cooler under it squared it up and kept it level. Head slid under cabinet between cooler and wheelwell. A couple of ratchet straps and I drove the next 1000 miles of my vacation with the band looking out the back window. Once I got home I took top off completely to pull it out. Much easier that way.

Art.

#7 12 years ago

Fit in my '08 wrangler and fit's in my '11 wrangler. Fits with backbox folded down also. On a side note, loved my '08 but the '11 is junk! Just sayin.

#8 12 years ago

Get a '12. New engine with 80 more horsepower and better fuel economy (the Pentastar V6 Chrysler's started putting into pretty much everything now) and new transmission.

Currently have a '10 Sport 2-door, can't decide if I want to build it or get a '13 or '14 Rubicon.

And to stay on topic, a 2-door with the back seats out will barely hold a PF on its side diagonally if you put the passenger seat all the way forward. Probably not a whole pin unless you take the roof off. Just not enough depth or width either way.

#9 12 years ago

I fit one in my ford escape if that helps any. Pinballer chefs idea of cardboard is a good one, I have also heard that a couple of PVC pipes cut down will help you roll it in as well.

#10 12 years ago

By the way, I created a web site for these kind of questions.

http://www.willapinfit.info

Give it a shot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/four-door-jeep-wrangler-big-enough and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.