• Latest reply 3 years ago by Skyemont
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clipboard_20200507 (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

1st, I'm guessing this is the wrong subforum but I couldn't figure out how to post in the for sale section w/o creating an ad. I'd love advice on where this belongs & if a mod could put it there, I'm sorry for the added work.

anyway, I've been searching for a Super Mario Bros. pin to pickup & today I found one. unfortunately the cab looks real rough & based on the looks of it, I'm guessing it's a couple grand over what it's worth. still, it's not an easy pin to track down so I wanted to share here in case someone else was interested.

ebay.com link: itm

I love that the seller calls Bowser "the dinosaur"

anyway, I'll keep searching. I'm guessing it'll take awhile to find one that meets my wife's standards.

Clipboard_20200507 (resized).pngClipboard_20200507 (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

That's typical bonkers ebay pricing.

#3 3 years ago

Anything on ebay is going to be at least a thousand or two over what you'd find else where. They have to pay a fixed percentage in fees on the sold price to ebay on every sale remember.

The cabinet is honestly not that bad. Mostly just looks like surface scratches. I would worry more about paying that much for a machine with a playfield in that kind of shape.

#4 3 years ago

I sold a nicer one for $1200 5 years ago.
But I’m guessing we can all say the same thing about one pin or the other

#5 3 years ago

I agree on waiting for another. That cabinet has scratches everywhere to the point that it makes me wonder what it's been thru. And as mentioned it had playfield wear and in odd places at that.

#6 3 years ago

$2500 is what you should pay.

#7 3 years ago

Just curious if you’d actually played that game? It’s not a great playing machine. If you are buying because you just like Mario, it might be ok but if you are trying to buy a great playing pinball machine, just look for something else.

#8 3 years ago

Is this really a $2500 game in this shape?
What's one in good shape worth at this point?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just curious if you’d actually played that game? It’s not a great playing machine. If you are buying because you just like Mario, it might be ok but if you are trying to buy a great playing pinball machine, just look for something else.

no I haven't played it. I've never even seen it in person but my 7yro loves 8bit super mario & loves pinball. the sound effects alone will be a thrill for him. I know it's not the best pin but it's the best for him & he'll be able to call it "his". I really think he'll want to unlock all the worlds. he's surprisingly good at pinball & loves our other tables. besides, my wife loves adding mods to the tables & I'm pretty sure we can find lots of great super mario trinkets that want to be lit up.

#10 3 years ago

I actually like the game. It's got some great objectives and timed modes. The slot machine gets a bit tedious, but not enough to ruin the experience. The sounds are great and I think your son would love it.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Is this really a $2500 game in this shape?
What's one in good shape worth at this point?

I would say this one is not worth that... The last few listed here seemed to have moved pretty quickly at 3k plus

1 month later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I would say this one is not worth that... The last few listed here seemed to have moved pretty quickly at 3k plus

I agree. I just picked up one and once I get it all cleaned up, going to list for $3,500 which seems close to the avg over the past 7-8 months.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-super-mario-bros-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.