Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

tulsa.craigslist.org link

Ya'll have fun with that. My wife shot me down on it, lol. Surely someone can save it.

#2 4 years ago

Probably won't be a lot of savings over just buying one outright once you factor in a TON of cleaning and likely new head and cabinet stickers, plus likely water damage, too. Anyone taking this on will be doing it to keep a pin from being parted out and the carcass thrown away.

#3 4 years ago

Problem is if the wiring harness is burned up it isn't worth dickering with. Even if it isn't burned up boards/display are a grand. then you have a roached cabinet and that is if nothing is wrong with the lower cab.

#4 4 years ago

HUO = Home Use Oxidation

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Problem is if the wiring harness is burned up it isn't worth dickering with. Even if it isn't burned up boards/display are a grand. then you have a roached cabinet and that is if nothing is wrong with the lower cab.

Yeah, it'd be a charity rehab to keep a pin from the scrap pile, not a deal.

But I'd follow the pinside rehab thread for it.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it'd be a charity rehab to keep a pin from the scrap pile, not a deal.
    But I'd follow the pinside rehab thread for it.

I actually emailed them after thinking about it. Decals exist for the cab. Its a 6 hour round trip to get. Not saying I'll buy it, but maybe. I restored a junkyard sf2 that was its only level of hell.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Problem is if the wiring harness is burned up it isn't worth dickering with.

I would imagine the wiring harness might be OK since there's not a bunch of melted plastic on the playfield (looks like the heat went high in this fire). I assume the DMD is toasted. Wonder if the boards and wiring in the backbox survived the heat? In anyone takes a look please report back!

Quoted from dung:

I actually emailed them after thinking about it. Decals exist for the cab. Its a 6 hour round trip to get. Not saying I'll buy it, but maybe. I restored a junkyard sf2 that was its only level of hell.

And at least here you wouldn't end up with an SF2 at the end of your restoration!

#8 4 years ago

CRAP! if this was by me, it would already be saved. Someone close buy it and save that game! I hate seeing anything parted out. Any game is save-able especially to someone with a small or no collection of machines.

#9 4 years ago

Thankfully, I know it is beyond my capabilities to bring back to life.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Yeah, if this was in CA, I probably would be dumb enough to restore it, so I understand your thought process.

If you DO take it on, definitely document the restoration with a pinside thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I would imagine the wiring harness might be OK since there's not a bunch of melted plastic on the playfield (looks like the heat went high in this fire). I assume the DMD is toasted. Wonder if the boards and wiring in the backbox survived the heat? In anyone takes a look please report back!

And at least here you wouldn't end up with an SF2 at the end of your restoration!

SF2 was 300. I dumped 400 into it. Sold it for 1300. Lucked out and got access to a populated playfield with a cut wiring harness and was told I could swap whatever I wanted for free. Time into it was hundreds of hours and it was just an ok looking game after.

This? Who knows. Not sure I'd run a restoration thread simply because don't want to deal with a lot of the crap that comes with posting on here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-someone-a-500-stern-monopoly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.