7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cable clamp (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Yesterday I stopped in at my local branch store of Tacoma Screw Products to pick up some more nuts for pinball restores. Since the store was busy, you have to "take-a-number" and wait to be helped at the counter. So anyway, while I was waiting, I decided to wander through the store to see what else I might be needing. As I came to the electrical section, I noticed it has been greatly expanded. Suddenly, a bunch of packages of white objects caught my eye. Holy crap! They've got the tiny 1/8" white nylon cable clamps that Bally, Williams, and Gottlieb use on their coin doors. These are the ones that guide the wires right next to the coin switch. I've been looking for these for years, but nobody carried them in that small of a size. Tacoma Screw also had a dozen other sizes of these white nylon cable clamps up to 1.5" diameter ones.

So needless to say I bought a package (there's 40 in the package) since I have been restoring/rebuilding coin doors lately. The price was very reasonable at just $4.11 for the package of 40. It's made by Pico (Pacific Industrial Components, Inc. of Eugene, Oregon 97402) and is barcode 035704671188. The Pico part number is 7118C and Tacoma Screws stock number is 629-001.

Tacoma Screw has also added a ton more of rolls of stranded wire in the 100 foot rolls in 10 different colors and diameters.

Cable clamp (resized).JPGCable clamp (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

They had them all right on the shelf and in stock! I was surprised to see all the other sizes they had too. Many times I've come across EM pinballs with the plastic cable clamps either missing or had badly deteriorated and needed to be replaced. Tacoma Screw's got all the common pinball & arcade game sizes of these cable clamps.

#4 7 years ago

Granger has pretty much every cable clamp size you would need. Just make sure the mounting hole diameter is the one you need. 0.203" works for #6 and #8 screws.

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-1-8-Nylon-Cable-Clamp-1EMX9

A while back, I ordered a bunch of each size and them in their own drawer. Very handy to be able to have something to replace those often brittle cable clamps with.

#5 7 years ago

Tacoma Screw will sell to anybody. With Grainger, you need to have a commercial account with them in order to buy anything from them.

I've noticed lately that Grainger's prices are going up a lot. We had a local Grainger store, but evidently it did not do enough business and they closed it. Now the nearest Grainger store to me is in Fife (next to Tacoma) and that's a 30 mile drive.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

With Grainger, you need to have a commercial account with them in order to buy anything from them.

Not the last time I ordered.

#7 7 years ago

here's the web store link for the part that ken provided in the OP for those of us that aren't lucky enough to have a tacoma screw store
    http://www.tacomascrew.com/Products/Nylon/Pico-7118C-Nylon-Clamps

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-small-nylon-cable-clamps-for-coin-doors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.