(Topic ID: 157789)

FOUND Pinball in Santiago, Chile, South America

By mtmellum

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2829[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2828[1]_(resized).JPG
    #1 8 years ago

Hi All,

I am currently chilling between work contracts and found myself in Santiago, Chile with time on my hands. All my pins are back home in Australia, waiting patiently for me!

So I do a little google and find an amusement arcade right in the centre of Santiago, two blocks from the main Plaza de Armas.

that found, I jump on the metro train (great underground system) which drops me right at the Plaza. short walk later and Im in a great arcade.

http://www.diana.cl/portal/
    http://www.diana.cl/portal/?post_type=maquina

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Entretenimientos+Diana/@-33.4381108,-70.651135,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x9662c5a3b1c69015:0xe297c9aa0198000f

they didn't have all the classics on the floor. they had Space Invaders, Kiss, Charlies Angels, Pinball Pool, Strikes & Spares, Galaxy out as well as a bunch of DMD. all up maybe 15 pins out, unfortunately no EMs. all the usual other crap that is in a modern amusement arcade (cant believe some of the peoples feet going nuts on those dance machines!). good prices but you'll need a card with credits on it. (buy that at the bottom of the spiral staircase as you enter). even had a few old arcades, Pacman, Mrs Pacman, rally, 1942, tetris.

the locals were packed in on a weekday afternoon. lots of suits there too, its in the business district. couldn't believe these two guys pounding on the Strikes & Spares like it was a anvil in a blacksmiths shop. Guys, its a 40 year old machine, its not a x box!! its gonna play up a little, especially if the house tech isn't sharp!

couple of (bad) photos attached. so if you're ever in Santiago de Chile and you've done the sightseeing and now you've got an itch to scratch, check this place out!

IMG_2828[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_2828[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_2829[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_2829[1]_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from mtmellum:

the locals were packed in on a weekday afternoon. lots of suits there too

I like the arcade find and report. But one comment... doesn't look very crowded to me at all.

Joe

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

I like the arcade find and report. But one comment... doesn't look very crowded to me at all.
    Joe

big place with lots of small nooks and crannies across three levels and lots of machines so deceiving if you weren't there. They were all jammed around the dance machines and the old arcade fighters. took me a few minutes of waiting to get photos with not a lot of players on the old school ss or new DMD's. all up maybe 50 people in there. they also had a sign, (in Spanish of course), no children in school uniforms in between the hours of 9 am and 3.30pm!

maybe one day you can come and count for yourself! let me know, I'd be happy to go back with a fellow pinsider.

#4 8 years ago

Hi. Im pinball collector in Santiago. PM sent if you want to play local EMs.

#5 8 years ago

I'm headed down to Santiago next month. I'll be there for a week. The wife is going for work and since hotel is paid for I'm tagging along First time there so I'm quite excited. Is the place mentioned above the only place to play on location? I thought I read somewhere stern had a distributor there. Wonder how difficult or expensive it would be to ship a machine from Santiago to Panama? This trip might get expensive!!!!

#6 8 years ago

Is this the same place?

They don't focus on pinball but at 3:19 you can see a transformers and a couple other pins.

#7 8 years ago

Same place. Plenty of DMD machines there, for sure. Lots of arcade modern and retro.

Not sure about the stern dealer here. Im an early 80s SS fan!

Send me a pm when you get here, if im free we can scout this place and others!

#8 8 years ago

Will do. Looking forward to it.

#9 8 years ago

Got to wonder why pinball is popular in Chile, Columbia, Brazil and Costa Rica but not here in Panama.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-pinball-in-santiago-chile-south-america and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.