Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by billin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arcadebasement-990.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

My friend is moving to IL and this was one of the houses his realitor had him look at online. Has to be a pinsider! Great room!!

arcadebasement-990.jpgarcadebasement-990.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

is it included with the sale?

#3 9 years ago

My wife says our machines go with the house if we ever sell ...

#4 9 years ago

They got Crystal Castles! Sweet! I used to love that game...

#5 9 years ago

C'mon, no one moves INTO Illinois.

#6 9 years ago

I think I know that room, the games went with the restorer who lived there I believe.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

C'mon, no one moves INTO Illinois.

That's what we all said. I was there last winter and flew in for TWO different blizzards. El Screw-O That-o I did get to drive by Happ everyday though.

#9 9 years ago

I am not sure if he's on Pinside, but he is definitely on KLOV, username Zud. He's moving out of state and I believe he is planning on taking everything.

#10 9 years ago

I wonder if that room is included in the square footage? That looks to be a 800-1,000 sq ft room and the house is 2,350. Looks like the upstairs is bigger than 1,500 sq ft.

#11 9 years ago

The square footage listed is usually "above grade," so the basement is probably another 2350/2=1175 square feet.

#12 9 years ago

Wow, wish we could find homes like that for that price here in NorCal.

#13 9 years ago

Yeah, here in North Jersey $299,000 barely buys a shed that would store all of those machines.

#14 9 years ago

Tax's are a bitch in IL
    Just ask Pat Quinn

#15 9 years ago

Cant be too much worse than the $500/month I pay in property taxes in CA.

#16 9 years ago

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Bolingbrook/4-Ash-Ct-60490/home/23184841

says full basement, finished basement. The basement sq footage isn't included as it was not permitted (which rarely does anyone permit here due to taxes) So it's 1100 sq. ft. n change.

Quoted from The_Director:

I wonder if that room is included in the square footage? That looks to be a 800-1,000 sq ft room and the house is 2,350. Looks like the upstairs is bigger than 1,500 sq ft.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Depends on where you are look at this house $8700 taxes.

#18 9 years ago

Wow, that's crazy for a $300K house.

#19 9 years ago

Wow, that's crazy for a $300K house.

lol I got a buddy in a connecting town to Bolingbrook who bought a 3400 sq. ft. house for $230K (obviously right after the crash) his taxes are 14K it's crazy.

#20 9 years ago

Location, location, location! Everyone bitches about what their own taxes are, but if you move every two years you realize where you truly want to retire in.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

Depends on where you are look at this house $8700 taxes.

Many 1800 sq foot homes in Oak park are 8-10K in taxes. IL is the worst.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from sb33334:

Yeah, here in North Jersey $299,000 barely buys a shed that would store all of those machines.

That was last winter's heating bill for some houses near me.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Bolingbrook/4-Ash-Ct-60490/home/23184841
    says full basement, finished basement. The basement sq footage isn't included as it was not permitted (which rarely does anyone permit here due to taxes) So it's 1100 sq. ft. n change.

He did get the construction done under a permit, he just confirmed it and asked me to post that it was.

#24 9 years ago

Well ya keep voting in these liberals, that what you get. I have no sympathy for California, thats for sure.

Back on topic. Bad ass house!

Post edited by moderator: Short thread eject. Please keep politics off the site.

#25 9 years ago

Taxes are so bad here in NJ that each pinball machine I add is taxed as "home improvement".

#26 9 years ago

Are you kidding? Mine are twice that.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Are you kidding? Mine are twice that.

Wowza, a $1000 a month for property taxes, that would be a million dollar home over here.

#28 9 years ago

Wowza, a $1000 a month for property taxes, that would be a million dollar home over here.

Ask him about sales tax! Then you'll really lay a brick in your pants.

1 month later
    #29 9 years ago

As a Floridian who is originally from Ohio, all I can say is - I miss Basements!

1 month later
    #30 9 years ago

Someone's got to pay for all those free benies!!

5 months later
    #31 8 years ago

House has been sold.

All games and parts have moved with me.

#32 8 years ago

And I thought my taxes were bad at $5400/year with a $285,000 assessment. The assessment on that house is only $90,000 and it's $8,000/year.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Many 1800 sq foot homes in Oak park are 8-10K in taxes. IL is the worst.

Oh, sweet Oak Park, how I miss living there. I used to think the taxes there were bad. Then I moved to New York. You honestly have no idea how bad real estate taxes can get.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-in-a-real-estate-listing-in-bolingbrook-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.