Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-9.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

found a cheap mm in the uk for £1760
roughly $2860 and afm for cheaper and i am interested but i thinks its a scam whats your idea

#2 11 years ago

Contact the seller and see if it is legit.

#3 11 years ago

drive there and get it. the UK isn't that big is it?

#4 11 years ago

thats what ive done just waiting if so i will go down see the machine (thats if he has it) and decide to purchase. bargain

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Contact the seller and see if it is legit.

Plain and simple.. Do plenty of research! First things first, if you can't contact a seller, then it's probably a scam.

#6 11 years ago

may get mm over afm if they do have it hopefully

#7 11 years ago

thanks corvair61 i will wait paintionatly if he does not reply i will be annoyed but its better than spending that much but getting nothing

#8 11 years ago

whats the sellers user name theres some dodgy ones that pinballinfo guys are normally saying about

#10 11 years ago

link?

Link!

th-9.jpegth-9.jpeg

#11 11 years ago

well he may be a dodgie seller so i will tell the link if he is or not if not most probs the machine may be gone and found a new owner

#12 11 years ago
#13 11 years ago

Buy them both at those prices!

#14 11 years ago

most likely its gone as its been up since the 15th of dec but no one could of been on the site so i may be in luck

#15 11 years ago

I wouldn't give anyone here any info regarding these machines till they are in your house or you find out its a scam. Anyone trying to fish for info from you is just wanting to steal it out from under you. Thats just my opinion of course

#16 11 years ago

im just keep refeshing this thread and my yahoo mail its gonna be a long night

#18 11 years ago

Yeh when would you ever pay that much for a mm ist unrealistic mainly its £2500 upwards but it was worth a try

#19 11 years ago

Still got no reply

#20 11 years ago

It's got a dented side rail. Worth £1,000 tops!

#21 11 years ago

I did notice that thought it may eaisly fixed

#22 11 years ago

Im confused as to why these are selling for so cheap overseas? AFM and MM are not the only ones either. Someone enlighten us.... or at least me.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/clt/3475230875.html

#23 11 years ago

They don't normally sell that cheap over here. Only when they don't really exist. All the pins on Craigslist are probably posted by the same person, but they all have different backgrounds in the photos. GNR in particular is outside a house that really looks like it's in the US. There aren't many streets in the UK with house numbers going up to 1308 for starters.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from videobrain:

They don't normally sell that cheap over here. Only when they don't really exist. All the pins on Craigslist are probably posted by the same person, but they all have different backgrounds in the photos. GNR in particular is outside a house that really looks like it's in the US. There aren't many streets in the UK with house numbers going up to 1308 for starters.

Nice to see some overseas pinheads chiming in!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Nice to see some overseas pinheads chiming in!

Thats what were here for

#26 11 years ago

It's a scam, plain and simple. Seen the EXACT same post in London, 4 years ago when I got my MB. Same pics and all. I remember the dent on the side rail specifically. Exchanged emails with the guy several times, got irate with me when I wanted to pay through PayPal, saying his friend was scammed through PayPal. He demanded a wire transfer, so I took a HUGE gamble, sent a deposite of $500, said I'd send the rest when I got confirmation of shipment. He threw another fit saying that if I didn't trust him then he'll just sell it to someone else. Eventually he said okay to the deposit. Sent him the money. And that's the last I ever heard from him. Set up a false name for the wire transfer account. I tried to contact CL and various other Internet fraud agencies, and I never heard a damn word back from anyone.

Bet you this guy does this, only replies to overseas inquiries, makes a few thousand, then lays low for a few years. Rinse. Repeat.

Douchebag.

#27 11 years ago

thanks better look somewhere else and buy machines off the people i know and trust you never know whos out their trying to steal your money

#28 11 years ago

I received an e-mail back.
Seems REALLY fishy to me.

#29 11 years ago

I know im going to call him later hes reserving it fir me apparently going down ti see it later this month thats if he has it

#30 11 years ago

It's definitely a scam, and if it wasn't a scam, by posting here, you just alerted 500 people to the deal, half of which are trying to contact the seller just in case it isn't. Zerg rush! LOL

#31 11 years ago

Well, if you do see him, be sure to thank him for swindling me outta my money 4 years ago,lol

#32 11 years ago

My uncle.He recently passed away and I have to sell his belongings
Thats what the guy said with the scamed mm

#33 11 years ago

Im only paying when i see the machine
No machine money

#34 11 years ago

Very curious. Same asking price too as 4 years ago

#35 11 years ago

Yup. As others have said, he refuses to use pay-pal. They apparently "owe" him 900 pounds from before.
If interested, the contact name I received was: Allen Krzysztof Carapatru

#36 11 years ago

His name is allen krzysztof Carapatru
Mental name probalbly a scammer

#37 11 years ago

Someone please trap or report this guy now, so no one has to get taken advantage of again, like I did. This guy is a piece of work.

#38 11 years ago

He's indian from balrampur scammer report him now before he takes people's money I've should never of started this he's saying he's got loads of replies

#39 11 years ago

Scottish actually but he's indian

#40 11 years ago

Seemed too good to be true. If it was indeed legit I'd have been racing you there!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

Seemed too good to be true. If it was indeed legit I'd have been racing you there!

That's what I thought

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-cheap-mmafm-under-3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.