Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

462a788b83ddd3820d6d3892e642430c47e5aa67_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Came with an adapter to fit on a regular stand up vacuum, attachements are small enough to get into tough areas after a playfield wax, and the attachments can interchange to make several combo's.. Great deal, and I have been using it it for a little while, and the price cannot be beat.

Just thought I would share.

#2 7 years ago

Nice! Thanks! Ill be adding that!

The last one I did, I was in such a hurry, I just took out my leaf blower!

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I just took out my leaf blower!

You probably learned that from Carl.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

Seriously, I did!

Whos Carl, Lloyd?

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whos Carl, Lloyd?

Carl Spackler, grounds keeper in Caddyshack. Used a leaf blower to clean his place.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago

Too Funny!

I clean my car out this way too!

#7 7 years ago

Keep in mind, that ships from China, so it may take a few weeks.

Harbor Freight has a similar micro attachment kit

http://m.harborfreight.com/8-piece-micro-vacuum-attachment-kit-32994.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

#8 7 years ago

Never vacuumed any of my PF's before, Always use compressed air and vacuum the lower cabinet out.

#9 7 years ago

Bought this off Amazon a few months ago. Works great too!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BSJCLY/ref=yo_ii_img

#10 7 years ago

It's the opposite of suck, but this is my favorite tool of this type. Cuts the canned air expenses down significantly.
    http://www.amazon.com/Metro-ED500-DataVac-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

This micro shop vac is what I end up using for vacuuming my games.
    http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-2021000-Micro-Wet-Dry/dp/B004UQVQ0I

#11 7 years ago

Must buy the mini vac.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind, that ships from China, so it may take a few weeks.
    Harbor Freight has a similar micro attachment kit
    http://m.harborfreight.com/8-piece-micro-vacuum-attachment-kit-32994.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Yep, it does take a few weeks to arrive, but for the price, who cares? I like the attachments it comes with too, you can have it do a lot of different angles, I am going to use this on my car next, I can never get that area next to the seats, these are so small, should fit no problem, plus they seem to increase the suction power because they are so small.

#13 7 years ago

I have that kit in my car. The bristles on the little brush attachment are great for dislodging sand and such from tight crevices. I had not thought to bring into the basement for use on my pinball machines. Good idea.

#14 7 years ago

That micro shop vac seems awesome, 60 bucks though..

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

That micro shop vac seems awesome, 60 bucks though..

You can get direct from china for much cheaper, try ebay.

#16 7 years ago

I did look it up by name, still 55+ on Ebay, is there another name it is under?

I meant to say the electric blower.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

I did look it up by name, still 55+ on Ebay, is there another name it is under?
    I meant to say the electric blower.

Search micro shop vac. There are others but this was the first one that came up for me.
    ebay.com link: Shop Vac 202 10 00 Shop Vac Micro

edit:
    here is the cheapest. ebay.com link: Shop Vac 1 Gallon 1 HP 120V Micro Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner

#18 7 years ago

This one from Sears comes with a shoulder strap for portability. It REALLY sucks and can be used as a wetvac as long as you remove the paper filter from inside.

462a788b83ddd3820d6d3892e642430c47e5aa67_(resized).jpg462a788b83ddd3820d6d3892e642430c47e5aa67_(resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Search micro shop vac. There are others but this was the first one that came up for me.
    ebay.com link » Shop Vac 202 10 00 Shop Vac Micro
    edit:
    here is the cheapest. ebay.com link » Shop Vac 1 Gallon 1 Hp 120v Micro Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner

That's funny, the one you listed, I bought 2 days ago. Now I see Vid's, I should have looked around more... : (

#20 7 years ago

home depot also carries the attachment kit

#21 7 years ago

I ordered the Ebay kit, so I'll let you know how it works when it arrives.

Thanks balboar!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It REALLY sucks

"Sucks" as in the product is terrible, or sucks as in the sucking power is really good?

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Sucks" as in the product is terrible, or sucks as in the sucking power is really good?

It sucks excellently.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This one from Sears comes with a shoulder strap for portability. It REALLY sucks and can be used as a wetvac as long as you remove the paper filter from inside.

I have that and I hate it. Even with the filter on it spews shit out of other side. I got it specifically for cleaning arcades back when I was into those. Would love to use it for pins but alas it blows (dirt everywhere).

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I have that and I hate it. Even with the filter on it spews shit out of other side.

I could never endorse a smaller shop vac...total waste of monies. Get a big one and use it for everything you need.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I have that and I hate it. Even with the filter on it spews shit out of other side. I got it specifically for cleaning arcades back when I was into those. Would love to use it for pins but alas it blows (dirt everywhere).

Mine does not do that, must be a leak in yours.

I use it on service calls and if dirt shot out of it, the wives would kick me out before I even got started.

We all know the crap in the bottom of a pin that's never been vacuumed....

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I could never endorse a smaller shop vac...total waste of monies. Get a big one and use it for everything you need.

I have a central vac in the shop, but on a service call, a big 16gal vac would be too clumsy.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

but on a service call, a big 16gal vac would be too clumsy.

Correct...but I doubt anyone in this thread other than you +1 goes on service calls.

I mean we all should...if some dumbass wants to pay me to vacuum their machine I gladly will

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct...but I doubt anyone in this thread other than you +1 goes on service calls.
    I mean we all should...if some dumbass wants to pay me to vacuum their machine I gladly will

I would find a smaller portable unit handy around, and I don't do service calls. My larger vacuum is just big, heavy, and bulky and a pain to move around.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would find a smaller portable unit handy around, and I don't do service calls.

Fine, I'm done with you guys bullying me

I also found the idea of having one of these great, and I hope it works for you. I live in a 2 Dyson household...I don't need to put up with this!

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I have a large one (16 gallon), this one was a gift from a friend that he gave me specially for cleaning out arcade machines. It came in handy for when I do not feel like lugging a 16 gallon around just wish it wasn't spewing dirt everywhere. I should take it apart and fix it.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I ordered the Ebay kit, so I'll let you know how it works when it arrives.
    Thanks balboar!

Hey Vid, if I actually helped you, it is an honor!

I already have the kit, and find it's great, the small brush can get in between the ball guides around the playfield, and I find that the reduced size increases the suction power. I ordered 5 more to give to friends (well I am keeping a couple in case I lose a part, they are small)

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago

Got my 5 more in yesterday, arrived quickly. And the mini shop vac works great as well, and these attachments fit it perfectly!

2 months later
    #34 7 years ago

Since the craftsman shop vac was out of stock everywhere, a couple months back, I ordered this shop vac:

Shop-Vac 2030100 1.5-Gallon 2.0 Peak HP
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX26N8S/

Along with the filters:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N6RV/

And bags:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004RHKR/

The sucking power is pretty good.

However:
    1) It's a little loud
    2) The hose is too short to set the vac on the floor and try to vacuum a cabinet. However, it does have a handle, so you can hold it and it isn't heavy at all
    3) If you set it on the floor, it is a little top heavy.

It doesn't come with a brush attachment (I like to use that so I don't scratch things up), so you would have to get that separately. Same goes for micro vacuum attachment kit.

But the vac itself seems to have been doing well so far and it's a nice portable unit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-a-very-nice-little-set-for-vaccuming-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.