(Topic ID: 17687)

Found a TZ to buy. Could you look at the pics and offer input, please?

By lordnorth

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by davewth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

After a frustrating search and passing up a TZ that I didn't think was worth the risk, I think I finally found a keeper.

Seller seems like a really stand up guy and I will be able to see and play the machine before the any money changes hands, so I feel pretty good about the deal.

Never owning a TZ though, I am hoping that someone could take a look and let me know if there is anything that I should be concerned about.

Here are the two links that he sent me.

These are the photos he got when he bought it:
https://picasaweb.google.com/xsimmonsx/TwilightZone02?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIKq9Y35tM6AYQ&feat=directlink

This is the machine after he bought it:
https://picasaweb.google.com/xsimmonsx/TwilightZone?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMa32rqGpLL--wE&feat=directlink

Below are his words about known issues with the machine:

If I don't play the machine for a while the date seems to get screwed up. You'll look at the date and it's a date in the past. The batteries are fine and I'm using a remote battery holder. (my other 2 machines have the same issue). I unplug the machines during storms, but I don't believe that should make a difference. It doesn't reset the high score or the audits.

Randomly (but not often) I will hear a solenoid fire under the machine while playing, most likely from a vertical up kicker, maybe an opto is bad.

50% of the time the clock locks up on clock choas. You will start the mode and when the clock hits around 7:00 it just stops. Then a credit dot shows up. I've talked to Jim at Rottendog (it has a rottendog clock board) and he explained that I should try to bend the minute hand on the clock a little bit, I haven't fooled with it since it hasn't bothered me enough. The strange thing is the clock doesn't fail if you use an older version of the software. (I have 3 versions). I honestly don't think bending the hand will change things since it seemed to work on the older software.

Thanks for your feedback!
Chris

#2 7 years ago

For the right price, looks good. If you dont want it, pass my info I the seller

#3 7 years ago

Buy it.

#4 7 years ago

Go for it.

#5 7 years ago

Everything depends on the price... I would say fair value by looking at the pics should be around 4500 to 5000. Everything looks nice but make sure everything clean under the play field and make sure the boards are in good condition. Also remember there's over 15,000 of these pins made compared to other games in the top 5 which are all under 5,000. So the value is not going to raise as much like MM and AFM did in the last couple years.

I have a TZ and I play it all most every day... Its good pin to have .. I feel lucky and fortunate to be able to own one.

#6 7 years ago

Looks good- it would be a nice addition to your collection. 4.5-5K seems reasonable.

#7 7 years ago

I love mine, there is nothing with as many things to do that I enjoy as much as TZ.

#8 7 years ago

Nice find. Looks like a solid example. For the right price I would not leave that one behind.

#9 7 years ago

Hey Chris, looks like your search is over!! Go for it! Let me know how you make out.

-Alex

#10 7 years ago

Alex,

You don't want to meet up and take a drive today do you (about 2 hours each way)? Don't think I need an extra set of hands, but an extra set of eyes is always welcome.

Dinner on me!

Chris

#11 7 years ago

Looks pretty darn nice if u ask me! Go for it brother.

#12 7 years ago

I'll be the first to say congrats Chris and it was nice meeting you today. Let me know how you like it once you get a good amount of games played on it.

#13 7 years ago

TZ is the best pin IMO

Needs some toys: piano, gum balls, rocket etc..

#14 7 years ago

Nice Job! Makes me wanna sell my TZ and make some $$$$

#15 7 years ago

Hardware,

Thanks again. You are absolutely an A+ stand-up seller. Completely went over and above the call of duty to make sure I knew about ABSOLUTELY everything there was to know about the machine - good and bad.

If you should ever decide to sell those other pins you have, while I don't think they are to my taste, I would be more than happy to offer a reference for you.

Again, I will extend my offer: October (or before if you are in the area) give me a shout and we can get together, have a Coke, play your(my) TZ and give the bowler a shot.

I am going to go move a game from my wishlist to 'owned'. Tomorrow (weather permitting) it goes down to the gameroom!

Chris

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from lordnorth:

Randomly (but not often) I will hear a solenoid fire under the machine while playing, most likely from a vertical up kicker, maybe an opto is bad.

Funny, my machine does this too. It fires twice and that's it, very random. I'm assuming it's the upkicker to the gumball machine, but not sure. Haven't found it, but also haven't replaced any optos.

I tried to test all the solenoids and listen for the same sound but can't pick it out.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Nice Job! Makes me wanna sell my TZ and make some $$$$

THIS... but my wife would kill me.

#18 7 years ago

Yeah, that's a nice looking machine; reminds me of mine

Mine also does the random firing as well, but it's only once in a great while. I just figured it's because I'm in the twilight zone.

/ok that was bad

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from lordnorth:

Hardware,

Thanks again. You are absolutely an A+ stand-up seller. Completely went over and above the call of duty to make sure I knew about ABSOLUTELY everything there was to know about the machine - good and bad.

If you should ever decide to sell those other pins you have, while I don't think they are to my taste, I would be more than happy to offer a reference for you.

Again, I will extend my offer: October (or before if you are in the area) give me a shout and we can get together, have a Coke, play your(my) TZ and give the bowler a shot.

I am going to go move a game from my wishlist to 'owned'. Tomorrow (weather permitting) it goes down to the gameroom!

Chris

No problem at all Chris.

I didn't want you wasting your time driving without seeing very detailed pics with descriptions.

Over the past year or so I've had feelings to let TZ go off and on, but I could never do it on my own. I knew because I haven't seen one as nice in person it would be hard to replace later on.

It's a unique machine that rewards you once you start to "get it". Also as I explained just when you think you might be getting the hang of it, it will pick you up and slam you to the ground. haha.

Anyway thanks for writing to me with interest in TZ. I gave it some thought and figured it was time to let it go.

I hope to make it up to the york show and appreciate the offer. I was going to offer you to try AFM and CV, but felt it would take your attention away from the sale and I didn't want to distract you. You're welcome any time you're in the area.

-Brian

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Funny, my machine does this too. It fires twice and that's it, very random.

Mine did that if the ball fell out of the rocket before it got shot out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside