IMG_8618 (resized).JPG
IMG_8617 (resized).JPG
IMG_8613 (resized).JPG
IMG_8614 (resized).JPG
IMG_8609 (resized).JPG
IMG_8610 (resized).JPG
IMG_8616 (resized).JPG
IMG_8611 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Maybe its already known to everyone else but I finally figured out where the Bone Busters skull came from. I had a hunch they wouldn't have used a custom made skull. I found a picture online of the skull with the top off and thought of the model kits that used to be in the sears catalog years ago. The bracket mounted on the shaft lines up perfectly with the existing holes in the model kit. Luckily I am only missing the skull itself and have the rest of the mounting assembly.
IMG_8607 (resized).JPGIMG_8607 (resized).JPG
IMG_8608 (resized).JPGIMG_8608 (resized).JPG
IMG_8609 (resized).JPGIMG_8609 (resized).JPG
IMG_8610 (resized).JPGIMG_8610 (resized).JPG
IMG_8611 (resized).JPGIMG_8611 (resized).JPG
IMG_8613 (resized).JPGIMG_8613 (resized).JPG
IMG_8614 (resized).JPGIMG_8614 (resized).JPG
IMG_8616 (resized).JPGIMG_8616 (resized).JPG
IMG_8613 (resized).JPGIMG_8613 (resized).JPG

#3 5 years ago

PBresource had a couple parts in stock the rest I had to make up on my own. Yes the wire thing is a coat hanger, once I manage to make this thing work I will go back and make it look nicer.
IMG_8617 (resized).JPGIMG_8617 (resized).JPG
IMG_8618 (resized).JPGIMG_8618 (resized).JPG

#4 5 years ago

His jaw is working now I hafta hook up the wiring harness and see if it actually functions the way it should. Then figure out how to attach the eye ball.
IMG_8619 (resized).JPGIMG_8619 (resized).JPG
IMG_8626 (resized).JPGIMG_8626 (resized).JPG
IMG_8627 (resized).JPGIMG_8627 (resized).JPG

#6 5 years ago

I hooked up up the skull topper in the game today and the jaw works perfect. Waiting on a PBresource order for lamp sockets to finish the assembly and wiring.
The left and right movement of the skull mech isn't working in attract, game, or test mode so more testing to do on that. I assume its somewhat random movement along with the jaw movement callouts in attract mode and game play.

I'm trying to figure out how to mount the eyeball I was thinking a spring but I can't figure out how to attach something without making it permanent.

Next step is to find a bandanna. Were they originally pink or is it just faded red?

#8 5 years ago

Got the lamp sockets today.
IMG_8632 (resized).JPGIMG_8632 (resized).JPG
IMG_8631 (resized).JPGIMG_8631 (resized).JPG

#9 5 years ago

Progress has been made today! I now have the skull motor working. Relay C contacts were corroded and not making a connection. Clean contacts got the motor working again. Now I found a new problem with the rack and pinion jumping apart but at least its moving now.
Anyone have any suggestions for a new plastic dome to cover this skull mech?

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

I got the rack and pinion to stop jumping apart. I found a 1/2"shaft collar laying around that worked perfect as a spacer to take up the up and down movement on the shaft. I'm not 100% sure how the did this at the factory but I have managed to make it all work.
I'm calling the done for now unless I make some other significant discovery in the future.

IMG_8705 (resized).JPGIMG_8705 (resized).JPG
IMG_8706 (resized).JPGIMG_8706 (resized).JPG
IMG_8708 (resized).JPGIMG_8708 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-a-replacement-bone-busters-skull?tu=20eyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.