6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Paladin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tempest1.jpg
    tempest2.jpg
    DSC02182.JPG
    2306.JPG
    2013-03-29_13-51-15_287.jpg
    2013-03-29_13-51-15_287.jpg
    DSC02165.JPG
    TempestCont.PannelClose.JPG
    TempestPrime.JPG
    TempestCont.PannelClose.JPG
    TempestCloseSideNicks.JPG
    TempestFrontApart.JPG
    TempestRightSideFull.JPG
    TempestKnob.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    DSC02162.JPG

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Going to look at it tomorrow and if it's in as nice a shape as the pictures and from talking to the guy on the phone, AND!!! if can do some old fashioned bartering I could be coming home with it, it's a little over 6 hour round trip, about $100 for gas so he better come down at least that much. Wish me luck.

Anyone out there have a Tempest in their home arcade? How do you like it?

#2 6 years ago

Good luck on the road trip.Hope it works out.

#3 6 years ago

We have one. The wife loves it. me, not so much, but that's because I suck at it. LOL

#4 6 years ago

I've got a cabaret...but would rather have the full size for the artwork. Great game!

#5 6 years ago

I'm going to look at one in the morning too! But I only have a 45 minute drive. Good luck & hope it works out for you.

#6 6 years ago

I use to own that game back in the day. Here is picture of best I could do. Green level gets me.

image.jpg

#7 6 years ago

awsome game get it

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from kcpinchip:

I'm going to look at one in the morning too! But I only have a 45 minute drive. Good luck & hope it works out for you.

Post a report, with pictures if ya get it, I'll do the same. But I won't be home till about 6 cdt.

#9 6 years ago

Love my Tempest. A true classic. I hope you go home with it.

#10 6 years ago

Had one for a while, but the vector monitor scared me, so I sold it off. Plus it was pin money!

#11 6 years ago

Not too far from me is a gentlemens club

A dancer there is named Temptress

Close enough

#12 6 years ago

I'd love to own a Tempest; I knew a friend back in Indiana that had a cocktail Tempest. I have played more than my share of Tempest 2000 on the Atari Jaguar, though, and I even have Tempest 3000.

#13 6 years ago

Tempest is the only arcade game I would consider buying.

Good luck on the trip!

#14 6 years ago

I used to have a lot of vids, now I am just down to a few Robocop, Operation Wolf, US Golf, Commando. At one time I had Tempest, Black Widow, Space Duel and Star Wars all up in my arcade running. X-Y's are fun.

#15 6 years ago

Great games...I have a Tempest and a StarWars. Don't be scared of the monitors (assuming wg6100). They are pretty easy to work on and with update modern components...they can be made VERY reliable...especially for a home arcade

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Close enough

Ohhhhhhhh....PICTURES...PICTURES!!!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Tempest is the only arcade game I would consider buying.
    Good luck on the trip!

You've never had a MACH 3 then.

#18 6 years ago

I have one and I love it.

image.jpg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

I used to have a lot of vids, now I am just down to a few Robocop, Operation Wolf, US Golf, Commando. At one time I had Tempest, Black Widow, Space Duel and Star Wars all up in my arcade running. X-Y's are fun.

I'm looking for a balance like you have in my game room also.

#20 6 years ago

Hope you get it! One of my favorites and the vid that got me hooked on
    vector vids. Look for a Star Wars, Black Widow and Red Baron to keep
    Tempest company.
    Steve

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

Hope you get it! One of my favorites and the vid that got me hooked on
    vector vids. Look for a Star Wars, Black Widow and Red Baron to keep
    Tempest company.
    Steve

My fav. is MACH 3 and it's SUPER rare to find one that's working, I got lucky. With the Tempest my game room will be maxed out unless I sell the pool table or don't put in the movie room.

#22 6 years ago

Heading out now for Independence, Iowa. Let everyone know the outcome in about 7 hours.

#23 6 years ago

I love my Tempest. Have a fun road trip!

#24 6 years ago

got one, rebuilt fully and it rocks, get the tempest tubes kit to put in it tooo...

#25 6 years ago

Bought mine Tempest & Galaga about 4 months ago on same trip, now looking for Star Wars & Smash TV to complete my favorite vids.

2_arcades.JPG Penny_Arcade_1.JPG

#26 6 years ago

Funny this thread should come up because Tempest is my all-time favorite video game and I recently made a deal for an incomplete game several weeks ago. I finally managed to track down the missing parts thanks to some people on KLOV and today it fired up!

tempest.jpg

Unfortunately I have yet to play it because the 1 and 2-player start buttons don't seem to start a game, and the display gets a bit glitchy, but I'm under the impression this is usually interconnect issues so I'm going to re-seat the connectors next chance I get.

#27 6 years ago

Tempest, Star Castle, Star Wars and Defender would all never be kicked out of my game room. That's the killer 4 as far as I'm concerned.

#28 6 years ago

Tempest is one of the best video games of all time. Along with robotron, donkey kong, discs of tron. Crap, too many awesome games.

#29 6 years ago

I've got one that I would sell if it was going to a good home. It was fully working and gone over by Gavin last year, but now after moving it it's acting flaky and doesn't always boot up. Loose connector somewhere. No time, limited space. Anyone interested, make me an offer. I'm 10 minutes west of Schaumburg.

#30 6 years ago

Tempest is one of my faves - hard to find on location - hm, maybe I should try and get one too. It was the only video game I really played at CAX this year (and I got my initials up!)

#31 6 years ago

Just picked up mine this morning, really good cabinet & a great player. All I had to do was replace the coin mech bulbs, the marquee bulb & give it a wipe down with windex.

DSC02162.JPG

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Close enough

you use your super zapper on her?

#33 6 years ago

I use to put a rubber band around the fire button and push it down to hold or wedge down the fire button to avoid counstant hitting it over and over again. Hope you know what I mean. The knob is bad enough back and forth with your two fingers. Ha that sounds funny.

#34 6 years ago

Another really great Atari color vector vid that is super rare is QUANTUM.
    One of the simplest vids to play but very hard. Its the reason I built a
    MAME machine. Finding the real thing for a price I can afford ain't gonna
    happen. Another fave of mine is Q*Bert, and the limited production
    Q*Berts Cubes.
    Steve

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I use to put a rubber band around the fire button and push it down to hold or wedge down the fire button to avoid counstant hitting it over and over again. Hope you know what I mean. The knob is bad enough back and forth with your two fingers. Ha that sounds funny.

cool idea

#36 6 years ago

I have 3 vectors games in my collection (and want more) for 10 years now and they are very reliable and never stop working.

IMG_6051.JPG

#37 6 years ago

I have had one for a few years now. I am still terrible at the game, but it is fun. I will eventually have to narrow down the vids a bit. I want space for at least 8 pins out there, so I imagine 2 or more vids plus the dart machine will have to go in the next couple of years. Tempest and Pole Position are probably the two that will go. My others are Stunt Cycle, Donkey Kong, Area 51, and a pair of Hydro Thunders. Those five were my original want list when I started collecting, and I think they will probably all stay.

#38 6 years ago

WOW, I never thought I'd get this many reply's on this thread. I think a couple of vids adds to a game room. Well it was a beautiful day for a road trip and a successful one also so now I'm offically a Tempest owner. I got home after dark so I'll take some pictures and post tomorrow.

Quoted from kcpinchip:Just picked up mine this morning, really good cabinet & a great player. All I had to do was replace the coin mech bulbs, the marquee bulb & give it a wipe down with windex.

We both got our games on the same day, you before me, what are the chances of that. What part of the cab are you going to get parts for?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I have had one for a few years now. I am still terrible at the game, but it is fun. I will eventually have to narrow down the vids a bit. I want space for at least 8 pins out there, so I imagine 2 or more vids plus the dart machine will have to go in the next couple of years. Tempest and Pole Position are probably the two that will go. My others are Stunt Cycle, Donkey Kong, Area 51, and a pair of Hydro Thunders. Those five were my original want list when I started collecting, and I think they will probably all stay.

If you have the room for 3 more pins with the vids gone that's great. One thing I like about vids is that they take up about half the space of a pin.

#40 6 years ago

Tempest is amazing. I currently have a Tempest Mini in my house.
    I remember back in the early 80s our local Aladdins Castle had 5 tempests side by side.

#41 6 years ago

Gravitar kicks ass and will kick your ass! Ah the memories. Black Widow and Space Duel kick ass also.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from HPR:

I have 3 vectors games in my collection (and want more) for 10 years now and they are very reliable and never stop working.

That's a sweet trio.

#43 6 years ago

I had to make a 6 hour round trip drive to pick up my Tempest. I don't see it ever leaving the game room.

#44 6 years ago

Tempest is by far my favorite vector game! I hope to own one someday!

#45 6 years ago

I've had a couple of them over the years, but at the moment, I am Tempest-less. It's an awesome game. Enjoy!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Gravitar kicks ass and will kick your ass! Ah the memories. Black Widow and Space Duel kick ass also.

Heh. My friend that had the cocktail Tempest had a Gravitar as well. My girlfriend tried playing it, her first game her final score was 0 points, and she's not terrible at video games in general.

#47 6 years ago

I've owned the game for a day and I'm already tearing it apart and ordering parts. I think my spinner knob is to small, it doesn't have a skirt on it and is 1.25in in diameter. Can someone check theirs and post here.

TempestKnob.JPG

#48 6 years ago

Here's some picts.

TempestRightSideFull.JPG TempestFrontApart.JPG TempestCloseSideNicks.JPG TempestCont.PannelClose.JPG TempestPrime.JPG TempestCont.PannelClose.JPG

#50 6 years ago

Correct and it makes a big difference in game play. That is the one you want.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 60.00
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 89.99
    $ 19.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    € 8.40
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside