urunresimalt_04_09_2014_17_09_191 (resized).jpg
IMG_0309 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0307 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
66b84aa657cdb76115a2b961196394a6 copy.jpg
ArkSand (resized).jpg
lotr-trololololol (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

What if something is missing? What if it is just a wooden box inside full of bricks?

I would want to open it and play it....geez...at least open it and see how pretty it is. I just don't get the fascination with leaving it in a box. To me, that's not a pinball hobbyist.

#15 6 years ago

Leonard: No! Once you open the box it loses its value.
Penny: Yeah, yeah, my mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. I gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Nope that's a collector, and a rich one at that.

Well, IMO - someone else is going to buy it for the same reason, same story...and likely profit the seller. Passing around an expensive, heavy cardboard box from one "collector" to another. Whoopee

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

So whats so exciting your just trying to make money on it. Put it in the market place for sale. If your not going to open it and enjoy it you just have a heavy box.

That's just it, there is nothing exciting about it...UNTIL THE BOX IS OPENED.
Otherwise, it's a refrigerator sized piece of cardboard that people exchange to make a buck on. At least if it was a collectible in a clear plastic blister pack you could see the damn thing.

#61 6 years ago

Now if it were an IJ in the box, that'd be something...

ArkSand (resized).jpgArkSand (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Imagine if a car collector said he had a brand new '63 Corvette in a container but nobody could see it...and the other classic car collectors gathering round to ooh and ah at the boring container.

urunresimalt_04_09_2014_17_09_191 (resized).jpgurunresimalt_04_09_2014_17_09_191 (resized).jpg

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Hardly the same thing. If 63' Corvettes were shipped in sealed crates then you would have a similar scenario.

No, exactly the same thing. Either way, its still a boring box, one can only use imagination to picture the.contents. A collector who appreciates what they collect would actually want to gaze upon it's contents and view its beauty, at minimum. Heavens, they might even want to play/drive it!

#88 6 years ago

That

Quoted from wantdataeast:I read this "said he had a brand new '63 Corvette in a container but nobody could see it"
as the "implication" that there is something other than what he "said" was inside the box.
And CLEARLY the MIB box status adds to the value of the item. A 1959 Barbie doll in a factory box has a greater value than the same 1959 Barbie doll in a generic box.
Again.. An item like this pin sealed in is factory box is not remotely the same thing by any stretch of the imagination, as a new item the was never in packaging to begin with like a corvette in a shipping container.

Again, you miss my point, as all you care is the $"value"$. So what if the Corvette WAS shipped from the factory in a sealed container? That still doesn't change the fact that you can't see it...all that changes is what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't become anything real for the hobby until it is opened.

The problem is, nobody can truly enjoy the pin and you are paying for imagination. If you open the box and see something like that TOTAN above, that's practically worthless to me - ZIP. In your Barbie example, at least collectors can see the doll, the packaging has a clear window, and even the packaging is beautiful (and though I am no expert, I don't believe Barbie rusts or corrodes like real women)

128316bf4b8cf79fabe6550f957a505f (resized).jpg128316bf4b8cf79fabe6550f957a505f (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago

Haha that's funny. I'm sure I am in the minority who don't get excited about a plain brown box. To me its just nothing to get excited about. Now if it comes out later and its showroom zero plays perfect....THEN I will be interested and excited. For now, it's just a cardboard box. It could have gold bricks in it and I would be like...meh, big del.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-a-nib-data-east-playboy?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.