(Topic ID: 29444)

Found a broken tab on one of my score reel switches. Fix or replace?

By gmohrs

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by catboxer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help.jpg
    reel.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I've been having trouble finding what is preventing my machine from being able to reset the score reels beyond the 100's reel, and I found a broken switch, suspiciously on the 1,00's reel. Not sure if it's the cause of my problem. I've pulled that reel at least a dozen times to reset it manually to help me diagnose what's going on, so I'm not sure if this happened after I started poking around or not. Despite the broken switch, the reel scores as it should, it just can't be reset, unless manually. So, can I fix this? Or do I just need to replace the switch?

reel.jpgreel.jpg

#2 11 years ago

You can buy new leafs from most parts supliers. For now, you can pull the switch stack apart and sandwich the broken tab against the leaf it came from and tighten it back up. Will work until you get the new leaf.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

You can buy new leafs from most parts supliers.

Pinball Resource is your best bet. You might want to order a spare as well. Email Jimmy with the photo, explain what you need and he will fix you up.

Ken

#4 11 years ago

yfz450 is right on the money. That fix will work just fine. It may last a long time. But I'm like Ken and a new leaf to repair and your good. Just piece of mind I guess.

Colin

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

You can buy new leafs from most parts supliers. For now, you can pull the switch stack apart and sandwich the broken tab against the leaf it came from and tighten it back up. Will work until you get the new leaf.

I agree ,Just side load as to keep equally aligned between the 2 screws.--- A PBR link>>>http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common ---Just check for size.

#6 11 years ago

I've got a parts bag of old switch stacks. You're local, I could probably just give you one if you need it.

#7 11 years ago

That is your score reel EOS switch. The game should play without it. There was some discussion on RGP awhile back if they are even necessary. Most replace them if broken just because it was designed with them. I would replace it as well but playing it in the mean time should be fine.
    Alex

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I've got a parts bag of old switch stacks. You're local, I could probably just give you one if you need it.

gmohrs , this is the best offer anyone could want.

#9 11 years ago

That is your score reel EOS switch. The game should play without it. There was some discussion on RGP awhile back if they are even necessary

It opens the circuit for the reset RE coil and is in parallel to the other score reels, once all reels have opened their EOS the Reset RE coil can De Latch.

Help.jpgHelp.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Don't mean to hijack the thread but real quick, how do you remove these reels? I just bought my first pin (Aztec, mentioned in another thread). I can't get one of the reels to physically roll over but can't find the (probably obvious) tab/pin/etc to remove it to clean it and whatnot.

#11 11 years ago

There should be a cotter pin you pull out. Then the reel slides back (Away from backglass).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-a-broken-tab-on-one-of-my-score-reels-fix-or-replace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.