(Topic ID: 209681)

Fossil Fuels - is the USA getting left behind?

By vid1900

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yoski
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1970s-los-angeles-smog-depicted-in-the-honda-short-film-never-ending-race_100457095_h (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
agqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegraph.gif
IMG_4077 (resized).PNG
nyc-taxi-1_3504833k (resized).jpg
phpjc5202.gif
00wyoming4-master675 (resized).jpg
screen_shot_2013-03-11_at_15.31.01 (resized).png
black-lung-display-edit-62f8859fdf7947f25bb389dd4bde094bae966c67-s900-c85 (resized).jpg
bladerunner.gif
DumpsterFire2 (resized).jpg
203_co2-graph-021116 (1) (resized).jpeg
totala (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago

This is how we power our pinball machines in green states.

agqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegraph.gifagqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegraph.gif

#69 6 years ago

I figure as soon as we suck the last few barrels of oil out of the middle east, all will be good.

World peace will follow and a new age will begin.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

we're all happy as hell to get bacon for 1.99lb.

I don't know where you live, but bacon's $5 a pound here. That's why instead of investing in energy, I invest in pork belly futures.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

38% is imported from Canada, so that might be the next country we are forced to invade.

I guess we won't be needing that wall then.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We made them better, with better safety guidance systems.

And better training for their employees.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wikipedia has some interesting stats on Cali power:

"Natural gas-fired power plants typically account for more than one-half of in-state electricity generation."

That totally makes sense with all the Mexican food restaurants there are.

#101 6 years ago

The only part of this discussion I find useless is when people that run their AC all summer and their heater all winter and drive hundreds of miles a week tell those of us that don't how we need to save energy.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

BUT, I haven't really seen any posts proposing anyone should save energy. Only that energy should, someday, come from different sources.

Good point. But to me not using excessive amounts of energy or as little as possible is a similar goal.

#109 6 years ago

I eat plenty of meat and dairy, but can't stand LED bulbs. And my quality of life is just fine.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Certainly not in Cali

Latest word is a lot of our smog is coming from fertilizer and not so much cars anymore.

So the best thing to do would be Ca. not being such an agricultural force anymore. And let each state grow it's own crops.

#113 6 years ago

Ironic that we live in Orange County and our orange juice comes from Florida. But they would have a hard time beating our Avocados.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It always sounded like a waste of gas to me but searching Google shows that Florida's hot and humid climate produces oranges with more juice while Cali's hot and dry climate produces oranges with thicker skin and they are better for eating instead of juicing.

By taking care of and watering the orange tree in my back yard, it produces some of the tastiest and juiciest oranges around, but I can see how on a larger scale a moister climate would produce juicier oranges overall.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fossil-fuels-is-the-usa-getting-left-behind?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.