(Topic ID: 209681)

Fossil Fuels - is the USA getting left behind?

By vid1900

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yoski
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1970s-los-angeles-smog-depicted-in-the-honda-short-film-never-ending-race_100457095_h (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
agqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegraph.gif
IMG_4077 (resized).PNG
nyc-taxi-1_3504833k (resized).jpg
phpjc5202.gif
00wyoming4-master675 (resized).jpg
screen_shot_2013-03-11_at_15.31.01 (resized).png
black-lung-display-edit-62f8859fdf7947f25bb389dd4bde094bae966c67-s900-c85 (resized).jpg
bladerunner.gif
DumpsterFire2 (resized).jpg
203_co2-graph-021116 (1) (resized).jpeg
totala (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago

Coal was used widespread starting in the 1400's, I guess. We are living in 2018. 618 years of burning the same nasty crap. Does that not alarm any one of a huge lack of technology advancement?

While I do feel bad for the loss of jobs, the fact that the coal communities were investing so hard in the future miners is a big red flag. Why put all your eggs in one basket like that? Why not use the wealth from the coal to further your children to bigger and better things rather than an "easy" guaranteed job in a mine?

I agree, this is already political. Shut it down.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Why would we shut down the thread? Most everyone is being completely civil and until your post nobody was even getting worked up.

Im not even worked up, lol. This is the same argument Ive made before and will continue to.

The fact that this is inherently political is what makes it lockable.

Like, we can talk about Alice Cooper's "Dead Babies" but eventually some one will probably bring abortion into it, which is political...spiraling into....shut it down. LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fossil-fuels-is-the-usa-getting-left-behind?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.