(Topic ID: 209681)

Fossil Fuels - is the USA getting left behind?

By vid1900

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yoski
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1970s-los-angeles-smog-depicted-in-the-honda-short-film-never-ending-race_100457095_h (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
agqFU-1456338742-2059-list_items-telegraph.gif
IMG_4077 (resized).PNG
nyc-taxi-1_3504833k (resized).jpg
phpjc5202.gif
00wyoming4-master675 (resized).jpg
screen_shot_2013-03-11_at_15.31.01 (resized).png
black-lung-display-edit-62f8859fdf7947f25bb389dd4bde094bae966c67-s900-c85 (resized).jpg
bladerunner.gif
DumpsterFire2 (resized).jpg
203_co2-graph-021116 (1) (resized).jpeg
totala (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think this thread is walking a fine line (with this forum) since energy can be closely tied to politics. That's all I'll say about that.

i agree, i can see it heading for this.

DumpsterFire2 (resized).jpgDumpsterFire2 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Its not save the planet but save us

the planet has survived this long with global catastrophes and mass extinction in its 4.5 billion years. i doubt our parasitic species will put a dent in it.

#33 6 years ago

even if we stopped burning carbon based fuels today. the risk of global pandemic, meteorite impact or large-scale volcanism, global nuclear annihilation, biological warfare or the release of a pandemic-causing agent, dysgenics, overpopulation will wipe us from the surface of the planet. we are a we are a self destructive species.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yep. But wouldn't it be nice to swim in and drink clean water and not have massive swaths of the population suffer from pollution induced asthma prior to an asteroid or nuke snuffing us out?

i agree 100% i am all for clean air and water. but change will take a long time and i believe we have turn the corner

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/03/the-earths-ozone-hole-is-shrinking-and-is-the-smallest-its-been-since-1988/?utm_term=.9cec53115b58

#67 6 years ago

i live among the amish, they know how to deal with this issue.....

#81 6 years ago

quite surprised of the civility, 80 posts in and no dumpster fire.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fossil-fuels-is-the-usa-getting-left-behind?tu=boilerman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.