9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by FathomPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm familiar with Forward Air from long ago shipping pins and people on RGP preferred them; worked out nice with station to station pick up. But now after many years of shipping inactivity I want to have Forward Air arrange pick up of an item at the other end (which Forward Air say they can arrange with a local moving company at a great rate), but when I said lets do it Forward Air needed me to establish a line of credit, which when I checked out the form seemed difficult because they requested references of businesses I've shipped with. So I asked Pilot for a quote, but I did not inquire about if a casual shipper could arrange for freight pick-up business with them (because I was not familiar with Pilot at all). I was quite surprised at the Pilot quote lower than FA, so I need to call them. Then I thought about asking the pros on Pinside...Should I apply for Forward Air credit; i.e. is getting it not so hard (does Pilot require the same thing and I can take my pick?) or am I stuck with station to station shipping as an occasional shipper? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

For archival purposes: I didn't hear from any Pinside experts so I called Pilot again and they said I could arrange a local freight company through Pilot to provide a local pickup without needing to establish a line of credit. So, I gave Pilot a try; their quote for local pickup was about identical to Forward Air, AND they took my credit card over the phone. Item was picked up and delivered to my local hub no problems. The hub agent on my end was Forward Air, so I was dealing with Forward Air. They told me Forward Air would take have taken a money order from me, which was never offered me when I asked them to proceed with shipping. So next time if Forward Air gives a better quote I'll try to pay with a money order. Oops, perhaps though this guy did not realize my shipment not simply a station to station freight, but that I negotiated pick up on the other end and a line of credit was indeed needed for that situation?? Sorry for the confusion. ....BTW, I received a quote from Yellow and it was 3.5X more expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forward-air-shipping-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.