1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by altan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

When I go into a thread or look at my notifications, and then go back to the main forum page, it does not indicate that the items I just looked at have been Read. Instead, it still shows the same number of Unread posts and Unread notifications. I’m using Safari on my iPad. This just started happening this evening for me. I’ve tried multiple times to go into threads, but every time I return to the main forum page, it is the same.

#2 1 year ago

Cleared my history and website data and that seemed to correct the issue. Weird. Likely just an issue with my iPad.

#3 1 year ago

Same here, Robin helped me clear up this issue today on the iPad.

#4 1 year ago

Also have this issue on iPhone but not pc

#5 1 year ago

Yes something seriously broke for ios

Notably i would use this page…
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/posts/user-mentions

See mentions but when i would load a thread from that page, it would be some stale view. Even more interesting… the friendly times on posts would be stale too. They’d say ‘20mins ago’ but you click on it, and it’s a date from 2 days ago.

The thread would also not show later posts.

I deleted all browsing history in the app, quit and reloaded. Had to relogin as expected… the front page virw works…. But sny attempt to open https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/posts/user-mentions and it claims i am not logged in. Logging in again on that page doesn’t solve ghe issue.

Using chrome on iPhone

Help robin

#6 1 year ago

pinside is basically unusable on my mobile in this state. It won't load threads correctly, etc. I'm assuming it's something to do with cookies since loading the pages w/o being logged in works... but deleting all client side data didn't fix it. So maybe there is dirt in the backend too.

This sux

#7 1 year ago

I'm seeing a variation of this -- or maybe it's different issue?

For example (and I'm doing this right now in a separate window so it's based on current behavior).

1. refresh pinside page
    2. thread "I hate evs" says 8 unread messages (the 8 in the red box)
    3. I clock on the thread name
    4. Pniside brings me to a post 24 days ago
    5. I go back to the thread list, still says 8 in the red box
    6. I click on the 8
    7. It brings me to a post 17 hours ago and there are way more than 8 below it.
    8. I scroll all the way to the bottom and... wow... Pinside adds "there are 125 new posts!" with "Load new posts"
    9. Even though the last post is from 1 hour ago
    10. I click on the "load new posts" and it brings me to a post for 5 days ago.

Seems like it's operating weird.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forum-topics-and-notifications-not-showing-as-read and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.