Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by megaladon
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    91288A82-1187-4D19-A76B-C440784AFB97 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 7.22.41 am (resized).png
    IMG_8255 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8159 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8160 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megaladon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Fortune teller replica from movie Big

Added: 2019-02-10 04:21:44 UTC • Ended: March 5th, 2019

Price

$ 7,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Posting for my friend, I don't work for him but wanted to pass this info. Talk to him directly regarding the projects and risks involved:

Wish Granting Machine — $7500

Hey, folks! After receiving inquiries about my replica coin operated wish granting machine, I’m looking to put together a group of at least 5 buyers (no more than 10) to reduce the cost by fabricating them all at the same time. If anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me an email at _______@______________________ [email removed] to discuss further.

This Wish Granting machine is a life size, 100% screen accurate, handmade movie prop replica! Custom signage can be made to name him anything you like.

Video of game play:

Insert 25 cents and the machine will cycle through 45 seconds of game play in which you must aim the ramp at his mouth, make your wish, press the red button, and then receive your card that reads, "You Wish Is Granted."

Can be adapted such that player only receives a card upon winning (shooting coin into the figure's mouth) or receives a card upon winning or losing.

90" tall
    30" wide
    30" deep

Made from wood, plexiglass, brass, plastic, and cotton fabric.

Buyer pays shipping. 50% payment is due to begin the commission and 50% plus shipping is due upon finishing the piece.

Item photos

IMG_8159 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8161 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are megaladon's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to megaladon's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Darien, Ct, US

#8 5 years ago

Yes he's making his props from scratch. He's replicated everything he possibly can to make it close to the original. It will have an extra plug to remain unplugged. The original prop never functioned as intended in the movie and he created this one to do it. It's a functioning machine if you watch the video. It doesn't talk like the other ones because it's based entirely on the movie so he breeze and has a creepy music playing. He can't sell them or advertise them as the title character name because that is own by characters unlimited but he could make the marquee say anything you want. The quality of his build for the price is incredible. If you're looking for something unique like myself for a game room this is it.

#13 5 years ago

Sure if anyone is interested in talking to him I have his phone number or his email is: [email protected]

#17 5 years ago

Yea, glad to see some love in this community. I feel weird posting for him since I'm commissioning a piece too but I told him id get the word out because I think this is so unique and a lot of people like us would appreciate the quality and uniqueness to own one. He's already made two and plans to make aproximally 10 total so as an artist peace it will be quite rare. He's going to have them numbered on the inside with a plaque.

#20 5 years ago

Yes, the dome can be removed for people with height restrictions. 80” base to the top of the spades or 77" with spades off. He's really thought of fitting this guy into most spaces. I believe he has the plans to make 3/4 size as well to run on dimes but u have to ask him that.

#26 5 years ago

Yea I've always loved the machine design. The original was just a puppet prop by the designer and never functioned.

IMG_8255 (resized).JPGIMG_8255 (resized).JPG
    #29 5 years ago

Yea that Zoltar isn't much of similarity to the movie version. The company bought the rights to the name. They are slowly producing cabinets closer to the movie but there is no gameplay with the ramp.

#34 5 years ago

Contact Nick, he could give u info. I believe he's confirmed 3 and wants at least 5 to proceed. Since doing that many at a time I'd venture a guess of a few months but not sure? But yes, the quality of work compared to commercial units is a steal in my mind but especially since they're like the movie...soooo much creepier!

#37 5 years ago

Here is the link to his finished product for FAO Schwartz. The marquee is missing because of licensing but he said he can basically title the machine anything you want.

#41 5 years ago

The machine is a 1 scale but i believe he can make a 3/4 size unit for smaller locations. It can be altered to either give a fortune card if you get it in the mouth only or all the time. Contact him if interested in commissioning. He won't make them unless he has at least 5 people on board...last I heard he has 3! See photo below for the entire cabinet.

90" tall
    30" wide
    30" deep

[email protected] is his email

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #48 5 years ago

Nick anticipates completion date is about 4-5 months after he gets at least five confirmed commissions. It's nice to expect at least a little extra time just in case something happens with the fabrication. Contact him with any direct questions but once he gets five confirmed he can begin fabricating. Doesn't sound like he will do a lot of them so it'll be a pretty limited run of at least 10 all numbered for Collectors. The right wheel moves back-and-forth the left wheel moves the pitch of the ramp.

#53 5 years ago

I think it's a niche piece but fits well in a game room setting or movie memorabilia setting. It's fun either way and has gameplay unlike other fortune tellers! Last I heard 5 are confirmed and he only wants to do 10 total. Good luck with whatever you decide.

#56 5 years ago

Yup, is it a WOz or a Magic Girl? There is risk in the process and I'm there with you. Working with an artist with multiple projects can pose delays, hopefully he gets them all done and knocks them out of the park.

#59 5 years ago

Yea I brought that up with him too. He based everything off photos of the original and molds it in software...too technical for me but I also want mine as original as he can get including the fancy earpiece lol.

#62 5 years ago

He's met his quota of 5 at least but will accept up till 10 until the end of the week and then he starts the work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megaladon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fortune-teller-replica-from-movie-big?tu=megaladon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.