(Topic ID: 311118)

Fort Meyers, Florida... Anywhere to play?

By pinghetto

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kevmad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hey.. just looking to see if there is a good barcade or fun bar with just a couple pins and vids...

I have a trip planned in mid April. We have some open evenings. I'm just trying to find some stuff to do.

Thanks for any ideas,

Brian

#2 2 years ago

Nice Guys Pizza
    1404 Cape Coral Pkwy E
    Cape Coral, FL 33904

#3 2 years ago

I own the games at Nice Guys
    I’m sending you a PM now
    Let’s play pinball and have a PBR or two

#4 2 years ago

Nice guys is my fave. Bring some cash for the toll bridge.

#5 2 years ago

You are more than welcome to stop by my house and play my mustang LE. I have cold beer in the fridge.

#6 2 years ago

Awesome. Thanks everyone. We aren't down there till the 10th of April. Heading down with my wife and a coworker and his wife. None of them are as into pinball as me, but are happy just to hit the town a bit. That Nice Guys Pizza looks like a blast. It doesn't look too far either.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

Awesome. Thanks everyone. We aren't down there till the 10th of April. Heading down with my wife and a coworker and his wife. None of them are as into pinball as me, but are happy just to hit the town a bit. That Nice Guys Pizza looks like a blast. It doesn't look too far either.

When I go down to visit the parents we'll usually pick a night where they do their own thing and I go to Cape Coral for pinball. Every time I go, Nice Guys seems to have expanded their pinball area a little more. There was even a little tournament going on during my last visit.

#8 2 years ago

It's a nice place to play pinball

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

You also keep them in top condition!

#10 2 years ago

Take a look into Pinball Asylum. I believe they have a tournament this month.

There is an episode #51 on The Classic Pinball Podcast with one of the founders David Denholtz.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I’m sending you a PM now
    Let’s play pinball and have a PBR or two

Found this place 2 years ago on Pinside and love it. We go back every year when we are in Sanibel for vacation. The pizza is awesome and the games are too notch! Can wait to go back in June!

#12 2 years ago

I’ll be down there in a week, I stop in at Nice Guys every time I’m in the area. Always a great lineup and in excellent shape.

#13 2 years ago

Well, Nice Guys certainly is going to make the trip iteniary!! Thanks for all of the advice.

Brian

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Take a look into Pinball Asylum. I believe they have a tournament this month.
    There is an episode #51 on The Classic Pinball Podcast with one of the founders David Denholtz.

Be aware that the Pinball Asylum is a private club. I looked into it once and had to fill out a questionnaire about my experience with pinball, how many machines I own and which ones, what shows I've visited, what tournaments I've played in and what my ranking is, etc. They want to make sure you're the "right kind" of pinball enthusiast. Even after all that, I couldn't get in because my schedule didn't line up with their meetings.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Be aware that the Pinball Asylum is a private club. I looked into it once and had to fill out a questionnaire about my experience with pinball, how many machines I own and which ones, what shows I've visited, what tournaments I've played in and what my ranking is, etc. They want to make sure you're the "right kind" of pinball enthusiast. Even after all that, I couldn't get in because my schedule didn't line up with their meetings.

True, they are NOT open to the public, however they do host several IFPA tournaments that are open to the public.

I can see that The Pinball Asylum, who is comprised of a private group of collectors (all very nice people) would want to know a little about someone randomly contacting them wanting to stop by. It would be no different than someone reaching out to a Pinsider saying: Hello, I am a fellow Pinsider. It looks like you have a nice collection. I will be in your city this weekend and would love to stop by to play.

I'm *sure* a couple of followup questions would happen before saying here's our address and if we are not home, we will leave a key under the mat.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

What pinball corpse said above and to add- opening up for someone and their family isnt always easy, it's a cool place and everything and we love pinball and try to accommodate- I get those surveys are a bit kooky of the owner to send out but everyone gets those questions so we can check people out. For instance we once had a dude apply for league that stabbed his roomate with a samurai sword thru hit gut over some argument about leftovers in a fridge. It's a crazy world. You weren't snubbed I hope you don't feel that way

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

What pinball corpse said above and to add- opening up for someone and their family isnt always easy, it's a cool place and everything and we love pinball and try to accommodate- I get those surveys are a bit kooky of the owner to send out but everyone gets those questions so we can check people out. For instance we once had a dude apply for league that stabbed his roomate with a samurai sword thru hit gut over some argument about leftovers in a fridge. It's a crazy world. You weren't snubbed I hope you don't feel that way

Oh, I don’t feel snubbed at all. Just wanted to make visitors to Ft. Myers are aware that Pinball Asylum isn’t a public venue like an arcade or a bar.

#18 2 years ago

Yeah unfortunately it’s kind of a pinball desert down there. Thankfully Eric and Nice Guys are the oasis. I’ve driven well over an hr from Naples many times and it’s always worth it. Always a great lineup of some of the nicest location games I’ve played that’s different every time we go. Great bartenders/drinks, tunes, and food as well. It’s a great changeup from everything southwest Florida. I love the beach and pina coladas, but a stiff manhattan, Ramones, and pinball are always an important leg of any vacation.

1 month later
    #19 1 year ago

Hello, we are not too far from Cape Coral, Might have to take a drive to Nice guys. Can you list current pinballs onsite to play?

5 months later
    #20 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I will be visiting the week of Thanksgiving. How can I apply. I own and maintain 14 Machines. My latest pin in July was the big lebowski. Thanks

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crispy:I will be visiting the week of Thanksgiving. How can I apply. I own and maintain 14 Machines. My latest pin in July was the big lebowski. Thanks

I don't hang out there very much anymore, just email [email protected] and maybe they'll accommodate, it's a great place built by volunteers over the years. Enjoy.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from rubble300:

Hello, we are not too far from Cape Coral, Might have to take a drive to Nice guys. Can you list current pinballs onsite to play?

Alien Star, Astro, EATPM, GZ pro, LW3, Monopoly, Mousin Around!, NASCAR, RBION, Riverboat Gambler, Avengers pro, WFRR, Scuba, Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom

#23 1 year ago

Hey hey, just watched the Hurricane update, Get your games to high ground tonight, Fort Meyers is gonna get lots of flood waters.

Good luck and stay safe.

5 months later
    #24 1 year ago

Hey, DK I’m in town and plan to stop by Nice Guys tomorrow night!

#25 1 year ago

Have fun! I’d pass by but I’ll be at TPF!

#26 1 year ago

We were just there on vacation. Beautiful beaches and warm weather. Didn't think about pinball once!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fort-meyers-florida-anywhere-to-play?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.