(Topic ID: 14271)

Fort lauderdale, Florida pinsiders. Gameworks or xtreme indoor karting?

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Turboderf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kart8.jpg
    Kart1.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I'm I'm Miami and
    It looks like those are my two best options for playing some pins. Correct me if I'm wrong. So is o e better than the other?

#2 12 years ago

Well for the record it looks like gameworks is now game room and
    Gameroom has never heard of a pinball machine. Xtreme karting has about two but they don't know what they are.

#3 12 years ago

Total bummer. Keep looking. It's Miami of all places, there are pins somewhere.

#4 12 years ago

Yea, fun depot in west palm beach. They have a great lineup. That's where I went last time I was here. I don't feel like driving that far tonight. Looks like I may have too.

9 months later
    #5 11 years ago

When I checked out Gameroom they told me pinball machines were a waste of time so they don't keep any. The guy was a total douche so I didn't spend any time trying to debate him.

The Fun Depot has quite a few games. Unfortunately, they are in different states of ill repair. Nonetheless, I had a great time playing the more playable games. Theatre of magic, Monopoly, Attack From Mars, and Scared Stiff supplied much fun. Twilight Zone and Revenge From Mars could barely be played. Star Wars Episode 1 and Circus Voltaire were out of order.

I will be checking out xtreme indoor karting soon and will certainly be attending the expo held there February 22-24 as well.

#6 11 years ago

Karting is a hell of a lot of fun! I miss mine!

Kart1.jpgKart1.jpg Kart8.jpgKart8.jpg

#7 11 years ago

I was at Xtreme Karting a little over a year ago. They had one or two pins. Not worth the 1.5 hour drive for me to go back.

Regarding the APE, it's a new venue for Marcel. I hope it works out for him.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Karting is a hell of a lot of fun! I miss mine!

Cool Kart man!!

#9 11 years ago

You'd think there would be many places to play Pinball in the Miami/Orlando area but the whole state is pretty dry unless you know someone with a personal collection.

#10 11 years ago

last time i was in fort lauderdale i found 2 pins at the big flea market, RBION and RS.
    went at gameroom, lolllll the girl at the counter didn't know what a pinball was, i had to explain... ''you know the silverball going up and down the playfield''.

not one arcade had a pinball.... none.... it's a desert!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

You'd think there would be many places to play Pinball in the Miami/Orlando area but the whole state is pretty dry unless you know someone with a personal collection.

In Miami, pinball on route is DEAD.

#12 11 years ago

Last I heard Extreme indoor carting didnt have pins anymore Fun Depot has the A lineup, too bad they are all busted up. A local collector and friend offered to maintain them free and they declined! Oh well.

Adam

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

In Miami, pinball on route is DEAD.

Its such a sad thing. In Orlando, you have Disney/Universal with your burnt bulbed POTC, weak flipper Stern IJ, and the best machine on route in central Florida is probably the P2K SWE1 with the dirty play field and light saber not working. I see great collections from collectors in Orlando, but thats about it. Rocky's Replay has a few pins and the closest A-list machine is in Daytona. (Monster Bash) Like they say, "I guess you cant have everything."

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

Its such a sad thing. In Orlando, you have Disney/Universal with your burnt bulbed POTC, weak flipper Stern IJ, and the best machine on route in central Florida is probably the P2K SWE1 with the dirty play field and light saber not working. I see great collections from collectors in Orlando, but thats about it. Rocky's Replay has a few pins and the closest A-list machine is in Daytona. (Monster Bash) Like they say, "I guess you cant have everything."

One of the reasons we restarted the FLiPS group. Every month a different collector has an event at his/her house with about 20 regular members showing up. Most of them are in northern Broward or Palm Beach with myself being the only Miami-Dade member to host to date. That way we have a wide variety of games to play.

You should check out the 2 Florida Forums: The Village BBS and/or Southern Pinball Forum (with the first being more active).

#15 11 years ago

Sounds great! Thanks tktlwyr, I will definitely check it out. I would love to get together and play some ball with other pinside members. Orlando seems to be too transient but if I can expand my collection within the next year, I wouldn't mind trying to start one up. I am going to try and get down to Ft. Lauderdale for the tournament in February. I want to do better this year on my IFPPA score. lol.

2 months later
    #16 11 years ago

In Miami you have Arcade Odyssey. It's just south of Kendall. Here is a list of games including Pins. http://www.arcadeodyssey.com/gamesinthearcade.htm. I spoke to one of the managers. He said they rotate them every once in awhile. He mentioned ToTAN and World Cup are two that are on rotation. The pins are in really good shape. They are set up for 5 ball play too. With $10 bucks we were there for a few hours with coin left. Hope this helps.

Current Pins:
    Dracula
    Popeye
    Simpsons Pinball Party
    South Park
    Star Wars
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Super Mario Bros.
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

#17 11 years ago

the next get together is at curlys april 6th 2013 all is welcome

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Ohouse.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fort-lauderdale-florida-pinsiders-gameworks-or-xtreme-indoor-karting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.