New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 244763)

Fornite and similar Themed Pins?

By pinupgirl1975

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinupgirl1975.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I think it would be cool if they could make games that would interest a younger audience such as a Fornite theme perhaps? I know that if my son and all my sons friends saw a Fornite pin in my house they would go completely insane! It's so damn popular and I hate to admit this but... I like playing it too LOL

It could possibly reach a broader audience, and get younger demographic possibly into the hobby? It doesn't have to be Fornite... But think of all the popular things out today kids like Call of Duty...Pokemon things like that...
    You probably can make a pin that is pretty amazing that anyone would like! I don't know though, and I could be totally off base here and completely naive to think those can be popular I dunno, just a thought...

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from SkillShot:

Not sure how that would play out, but I’d take a Dragon’s Lair pin...

Love that! Dragons and pinball go great together IMO

#7 1 year ago

skillshot In my head the name should obviously be called Battle Royale - They can have the characters with parachutes coming down, the play field items can look like the buildings being built etc... You can have loot around ... I can seriously envision the whole play field in my head and it looks amazing in my head lmfaoo

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:Pinballs are mostly made for the middle-aged and older people (mostly men) with disposable incomes. This us why we keep seeing "older" themes like munsters, willy wonka, Elvira, black knight etc coming out.
    First rule of sales is to go where the money is.

I hear ya and you're right! ha... Man I wish I had a disposable income lol

ectobar I should have known better that I wasn't the first person to think this up lol I said Fornite but, it could be anything that relates to a "younger" demographic. ya know what I mean...

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Pinballs are mostly made for the middle-aged and older people (mostly men) with disposable incomes. This us why we keep seeing "older" themes like munsters, willy wonka, Elvira, black knight etc coming out.
    First rule of sales is to go where the money is.

@daditude You are so right ... and these types of games definitely appeal to me... because I am in my 40s. Brings me back to my childhood. Willy Wonka and ET were my absolute obsessions!

But, I have seen a lot of talk around here about it not appealing to certain demographics and maybe a change in some modern type games can help? Who knows as I said I could be completely naive in thinking that way!!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This exactly. I think if they ever did make a video game pin that it would have to be a good story based game and Fortnite isn't that. Maybe a Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Resident Evil, Drakes Fortune, Tomb Raider, games like that could possibly work but just like Daditude said....you have to target the correct audience and i doubt video games would be a big hit for the masses. Movies and music seems to be where its at.

who-dey But, if you try to hit a different demographic, and put them in places like benheck said where millenniums are maybe it would appeal to them?

I think all of the games you said above would be sick pinball machines! Resident Evil specifically... When I used to play that game at night... in the dark it used to scare the crap out of me BTW lol

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

Our Christmas party is about the only time the adults start playing pinball. Admittedly they have some liquid courage built up at that point.

potatoloco Liquid Courage helps people do a lot of things LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinupgirl1975.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside