Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lack of interest is kind of weird. I always wonder why i love it so much and no one else cares.

My assumption is that most that are unfamiliar with pinball believe "they're all the same" and are too shy or stubborn to give them a chance--not just a play, but a chance to learn the depth of any game (I've witnessed several 180s from people that have visited, crapped on any potential interest in pinball, then got addicted, so it's hard to gauge true interest by demeanor and ignorance).

With LCD screens, there's no reason to not include goals as they exist on Pinball Arcade (with a setting option to reset each time play isn't continued, to entice longer arcade play as you collect goals)--if it weren't for those goals in Pinball Arcade guiding me to the wizard modes, I may have been just as lost and overwhelmed. It was pinball arcade that got me into collecting real machines.

Arcades should have signs on top of each machine laying out numerous goals to goad patrons into playing with a purpose, preferably with a narrative that challenges the reader and offers some storyline.

As for Fortnite...I'm 34 and have no idea what it is and generally prefer 2D games from the NES/SNES era as far as consoles are concerned. Would love a "retro" Castlevania, MegaMan, or better Mario pin...amongst many others from that era. I'd think something like Pokemon would bridge age gaps better if trying to interest a young audience (though admittedly I may be completely aloof to the age-span of Fortnite, yet have never heard my peers talking about it). Tons of people in their 30s and older love Pokemon (not sure if licensing is just too expensive as it makes sense to target kids at the same time as those that can afford games)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fornite-and-similar-themed-pins-?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.