• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9516 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20231114_120900_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231114_120845_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 months ago

Not even a little. What if is has the weeeeeeee weeeeeeee weeeeeeee sounds?

#52 8 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Not even a little. What if is has the weeeeeeee weeeeeeee weeeeeeee sounds?

Only if it has the old screaming V10s, not these crappy turbo 4s!

#53 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Granted this is anecdotal, but I have not heard one person organically mention wanting to watch any of these races on tv, being excited for the season, ect.

So you missed the very first post in the thread?

Quoted from jorge5240:

Heading to Vegas for Formula 1

And

Quoted from northvibe:

I really enjoy f1

#54 8 months ago

That would be an amazing theme!!!! Imagine the cost for licensing with all the car companies and different drivers!!!

#55 8 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

I know this has probably been mentioned already but F-1 popularity is heavily media driven, there is a whole ecosystem in europe for this "content" that largely is based on drama-creation and "lifestyle" and affluence themes. I just don't see how any of that stuff (which is why F1 has anyone in the states interested in it- not the actual racing!) would translate to something to drive pinball sales. Better off creating "Drama based media-contrivance" the pin.

All large sports are media driven, all with added “drama-creation”

F1 is big, and getting bigger. It is just not big enough in the USA to sell a lot of pinball machines. (Americans being the major buyers of pinball machines.)

#56 8 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Here ya go. Just find one of the 3 made, and you'll be all set.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks neat. Be fun to try one.

Quoted from ryan1234:

F1 is big, and getting bigger. It is just not big enough in the USA to sell a lot of pinball machines. (Americans being the major buyers of pinball machines.)

Idk Danny Ricardo could probably sell most of them in AUS

#57 8 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Comparing it to Nascar is just silly, F1 popularity is skyrocketing in the US.

Its not silly at all. Nascar popularity is dropping like a rock and its still a million times more popular in the US than F1. From what I understand F1 is actually losing fans worldwide similar to Nascar (hence one of the reasons for such a big US push lately? Maybe!). I'm just saying I don't see an f1 or nascar machine being hits in 2023-2024. I bet more television viewers watch the Indy 500 nascar race than every F1 event combined in the US.

Again, I think Nascar is lame. If I had to choose a race type to watch, I'm picking F1 9/10 times or more, so don't mistake me for just some out of touch race fan. To be completely honest I probably ain't watching either one though. I love racing, but new F1 isn't as cool as old F1, and theres other types of racing I'd personally rather watch while being fully aware they wouldn't make successful pinball machines either.

Quoted from ryan1234:

This guy gets it. F1 is dumping massive amounts of money trying to market itself in the US to gain mainstream popularity. It does seem to be working, but its got a looooong way to go. Theres a lot of types of racing that are much more popular than F1 here.

Edit: Whistles, you seem to get it too

#58 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its not silly at all. Nascar popularity is dropping like a rock and its still a million times more popular in the US than F1. From what I understand F1 is actually losing fans worldwide similar to Nascar (hence one of the reasons for such a big US push lately? Maybe!). I'm just saying I don't see an f1 or nascar machine being hits in 2023-2024. I bet more television viewers watch the Indy 500 nascar race than every F1 event combined in the US.
Again, I think Nascar is lame. If I had to choose a race type to watch, I'm picking F1 9/10 times or more, so don't mistake me for just some out of touch race fan. To be completely honest I probably ain't watching either one though. I love racing, but new F1 isn't as cool as old F1, and theres other types of racing I'd personally rather watch while being fully aware they wouldn't make successful pinball machines either.

This guy gets it. F1 is dumping massive amounts of money trying to market itself in the US to gain mainstream popularity. It does seem to be working, but its got a looooong way to go. Theres a lot of types of racing that are much more popular than F1 here.
Edit: Whistles, you seem to get it too

I’m a huge racing fan and follow F1, but I prefer almost any other racing series over it. The racing in F1 takes a backseat to the B.S., politics and drama between all the teams and drivers, and a lot of the fans are more interested in the glamorous, affluent, worldly lifestyles of the drivers than the actual racing. That’s exactly what the Netflix series Drive to Survive focuses on, and it seems to be working in getting people in America interested in the sport. It will be interesting to see whether they let Andretti Autosports join F1 as a team in 2025 when almost all of the other teams are opposed to it. The Andretti name is well known, and having that team compete in F1 would help generate a lot of interest in the U.S.

#59 8 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I’m a huge racing fan and follow F1, but I prefer almost any other racing series over it. The racing in F1 takes a backseat to the B.S., politics and drama between all the teams and drivers, and a lot of the fans are more interested in the glamorous, affluent, worldly lifestyles of the drivers than the actual racing. That’s exactly what the Netflix series Drive to Survive focuses on, and it seems to be working in getting people in America interested in the sport. It will be interesting to see whether they let Andretti Autosports join F1 as a team in 2025 when almost all of the other teams are opposed to it. The Andretti name is well known, and having that team compete in F1 would help generate a lot of interest in the U.S.

That reminds me that we have yet another f1 themed game to play from the past: Mario Andretti!

#60 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Indy 500 nascar race

I'm not a huge racing fan, but I do know that the Indy 500 is Not NASCAR. NASCAR does run a race at the Indianapolis speedway, it is the brickyard 400.

I think car themes are a great fit for pinball, but then again I own an I500 and HW.

With the growth in pinball companies and the number of titles we will see each year, some of the themes desired by some, that others see as not popular enough, might come to fruition. Not like we really need more super hero and rock band themed pins.

#61 8 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm not a huge racing fan, but I do know that the Indy 500 is Not NASCAR. NASCAR does run a race at the Indianapolis speedway, it is the brickyard 400.
I think car themes are a great fit for pinball, but then again I own an I500 and HW.
With the growth in pinball companies and the number of titles we will see each year, some of the themes desired by some, that others see as not popular enough, might come to fruition. Not like we really need more super hero and rock band themed pins.

Well there ya go, shows how much I follow nascar lol. Is the brickyard 400 the biggest race of the year or am I off there too?

Edit- looked it up: Daytona 500 is the race I was thinking about

6 months later
#62 56 days ago

Since F1 is more relevant is USA

They did make a F1 pinball machine
Come with checkered flags spinning and make race sounds and says , “ come on” a lot

Also if you hit drop targets down a checkered flag spinner cones out on left playfield and you have 5 seconds to hit it

Also box box on the left outline with kick back out onto the playfield , sorta tire changing

IMG_9516 (resized).jpegIMG_9516 (resized).jpeg
#63 56 days ago

Hopefully if they make a new F1 machine it won’t be as boring as the race was today. I’ve been watching F1 for over 30 years and I honestly think that was the most boring race I’ve ever seen.

#64 56 days ago

For sure

Painful to watch this race but then again Monaco is never too exciting

Been to spa several times
Best one !!

#65 56 days ago

Been a long time car guy and back into Pinball now in a major way. Believe the correlation is a difficult one, as others have stated and Formula One is a lot different in most cases than car collectors/enthusiasts on BaT.*

US Sports car racing is a losing $ proposition and largely amateur “gentleman racing”. - name a successful american F1 driver and don’t say Mario Andretti or some simulator Grand Turismo crap.

Netflix aside, and without a huge dissertation, we are a gladiator sport nation.
We like our stuff consumed in arena fashion and F1 is too spread out for most Americans. 3 venues now or not, most don’t understand the nuances and complexities of the teams and drivers…and watching Netflix series doesn’t count.

Get somebody to fork over $500 a ticket for an F1 (grand prix basically) not going to happen unless you’re hard-core or just very wealthy. A 7-13k pinball machine? Maybe, maybe with Ferrari, Mercedes, Aston and McClaren all giving license.

The reason why you saw an 11 K checkpoint is because it had Porsches on backglass and a left key ignition.. plain and simple. HEP Checkpoint anyone? I like DE’s but don't even think he would do it.

Same with the weird looking Ferrari/ Lamborghini, lets avoid the license sled they put on Getaway. Ritchie got busted in a 928 but no way would they pay Porsche.

Indy500 is a great pin but has little to do with F1.
Mustang Corvette, all of them decent games, but not really tapping into formula one. Love the idea, love Formula One and some good ideas…good discussion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.