Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Now that you've owned it and sold it, what was the reason you let it go?

#2 6 years ago

I'll take a guess here.......maybe......because they HAVE NO SOUL?!?!?!

#3 6 years ago

I don’t think there are many former owners.

#4 6 years ago

I purchased my DILE from a local collector that put 20 games on it and decided to sell, along with SWLE.

Some folks just like getting new toys and move them...no profound, pinball specific reason for selling.

Wish there were more folks like this to help buffer us from NIB price inflation

snaroff

2 months later
#5 6 years ago

I sold my standard to get a LE. Realised I couldn't live without the extras. The standard was awesome nevertheless, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I sold my standard to get a LE. Realised I couldn't live without the extras. The standard was awesome nevertheless, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist

Are there any gameplay differences between the standard and the LE? Or is it all cosmetic?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Are there any gameplay differences between the standard and the LE? Or is it all cosmetic?

Purely cosmetic

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I believe most folks consider the lit ramp to be one of the more compelling differences. Since lighting is a fairly critical aspect of pinball, I consider it more than "cosmetic".

snaroff

#9 6 years ago

Now if we did a previous owners thread of KISS that would be a doozy of a thread.

#10 6 years ago

Correct, gameplay is identical. And believe me there is nothing wrong with the standard, plays great.

#11 6 years ago

Needed to buy a furnace and air conditioning unit for my house. I felt the game was a bit underwhelming in theme and game play. (Just my opinion). I decided to let it go when I was able to sell. I do like Pat Lawlor games since I have about 9 of his games in my 19 game collection.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Needed to buy a furnace and air conditioning unit for my house. I felt the game was a bit underwhelming in theme and game play. (Just my opinion). I decided to let it go when I was able to sell. I do like Pat Lawlor games since I have about 9 of his games in my 19 game collection.

Similar thoughts about why I let mine go. One of the best shooters but felt the code was a little too linear..... Scoop mode scoop mode. Never was huge into the theme although it was surprisingly better than I thought. Price was another big factor. Didn't think it was worth the mid 8 price. Although I have a hard time holding onto a game worth that much considering you can get two good ones for that price.

There only exception is Alien but that is a special one.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I believe most folks consider the lit ramp to be one of the more compelling differences. Since lighting is a fairly critical aspect of pinball, I consider it more than "cosmetic".

The game is pretty damn bright...don't know what you think you're missing in that back area.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The game is pretty damn bright...don't know what you think you're missing in that back area.

I'm not missing anything...I own an LE, with the improved ramp and backboard lighting

Guess you own a Standard and feel compelled to defend your choice...whatever!

snaroff

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

...I own an LE, with the improved ramp and backboard lighting
Guess you own a Standard and feel compelled to defend your choice...whatever!

uh oh look out Mr. Money bags is in town! Lighted backboard...wowwwwww!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

uh oh look out Mr. Money bags is in town! Lighted backboard...wowwwwww!

Money bags? Nah. Didn't purchase my DILE NIB...bought it for less than the price of a NIB Standard from a local collector

LE is the way to go on DI...not so much for Sterns.

snaroff

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Now if we did a previous owners thread of KISS that would be a doozy of a thread.

Perhaps there were never that many original owners.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Although I have a hard time holding onto a game worth that much considering you can get two good ones for that price.
There only exception is Alien but that is a special one.

These NIB prices definitely revive the debate over what, for the same total cost, would really deliver the highest overall "fun" quotient- one great pin vs 2 "lessor" pins? Variety is the spice of life. Wouldn't that rule in pinball too?

#19 6 years ago

69 days since this posting and only 2 sales. Not bad.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps there were never that many original owners.

Lol

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

69 days since this posting and only 2 sales. Not bad.

There have been a couple available for sale for several weeks near me.

But technically you're correct - no sales.

#22 6 years ago

As others have said, DI is a great game. Expensive, but great. It may be a while before more start hitting the market.

#23 6 years ago

There are a couple for sale near me. But for the price I think I am just going NIB. I was going to buy a couple weeks ago but was just too busy. Funny the Kiss reference up above I just bought a HUO LE and the family loves it. Different strokes for differ folks.

I did start to have secomd thoughts wheather I should go Houdini or AFMre instead of DI. So haters countinue to hate so I can hear the negative aspects of the game and not just a love fest.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

There are a couple for sale near me. But for the price I think I am just going NIB. I was going to buy a couple weeks ago but was just too busy. Funny the Kiss reference up above I just bought a HUO LE and the family loves it. Different strokes for differ folks.
I did start to have secomd thoughts wheather I should go Houdini or AFMre instead of DI. So haters countinue to hate so I can hear the negative aspects of the game and not just a love fest.

This is the conclusion I came to. The game is *awesome* but for a couple hundred bucks more you get full support from JJP, the NIB experience, and no DIY attempted fixes (not that I assume anybody's had to do much in terms of fixes, but you never know). Plus professional shipping - it just makes more sense. If you're already going to be dropping 8K + on a game, it's just not that much more

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/former-dialed-in-owners?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.